• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. sgprescue

Wanted: older neutered male (or female?) chinchilla wanted

My 12 year old rescue female chinchilla lost her neutered male partner a while back now. I have just brought her a huge new cage along with new toys and hammocks and I feel now is the right time to find her another friend. Can anyone help?
  2. sgprescue

worms in rabbits

Does anyone know if its possible for rabbits to get roundworms? When I was at work today a chap came in with a query about worms in his rabbits poo. Fortunately he had taken a picture and they looked to me like roundworms, they were tiny, white (almost see through) and there were loads of them...
  3. sgprescue

Wanted: Looking for love

Hi everyone, my name is Pricilla. Mummy gave me a home 3 1/2 years ago when I was unwanted. I am at least 5 years old but mummy doesn't know exactly. My husbun Archie died a couple of months ago and since then I have been very lonely :cry:. Mummy said she wasn't going to get any more bunnies...
  4. sgprescue

Willow balls half price

looky looky :D http://www.fidospets.com/large-willow-ball-1808-p.asp http://www.fidospets.com/small-willow-playball-1812-p.asp http://www.fidospets.com/playsticks-hammock-large-1816-p.asp
  5. sgprescue

Methods of castration

Does anyones vets still tie the tubes on rabbits? I only ask because we have a new vet surgery opened up not far from where I work and my boss wanted to test them out so she took her male rabbit there to be castrated. The trouble is that when she went to pick him up she found they had not...
  6. sgprescue

New Excel complete cubes

I don't think anyone has posted about these yet, probably because they are not available yet. Burgess are bringing out boxes of complete cubes for rabbits and guinea pigs. From the looks of it they are a cube combination of hay, herbs and pellets. To be honest I can't see them replacing sales...
  7. sgprescue

Available Rescue: Isaac and Orsan. 2 Handsome boar piggies

Isaac and Orsan are 2 very handsome, friendly male piggies who found their way to me through no fault of their own. Their owner was not looking after them and a neighbour was popping round feeding and cleaning them because she was so concerned, they eventually decided they did not want them...
  8. sgprescue

Available Rescue: Can anyone help? 74+ rabbits need help

This is a long story but bear with me. Over 9 years ago, before I started the guinea pig rescue I became aware of a chap not far from me breeding and selling rabbits and guinea pigs. The conditions were disgusting and the animals were in a terrible state. Despite the RSPCA and the council...
  9. sgprescue

Available Rescue: Kitten looking for loving home

Yesterday we managed to catch a little stray kitten outside our home. There is a scruffy stray adult cat that has been hanging around our road for months which we believe may be the mother but I havent seen her for a while. The little black kitten was very nervous and quite obviously had...
  10. sgprescue

Wanted: Giant breed male

Does anyone have any giant breed neutered male rabbits looking for a home? I am currently boarding a large female bunny for a lady I know and she will be looking for a friend for Cocoa when she comes home from her holiday at the end of the month. Cocoa used to live with a large one eyed giant...
  11. sgprescue

Upset and devastated - another jaw abcess bun

This is becoming really hard for me in so many ways :cry:. About a month ago we had to have little timmy put to sleep because he developed an abcess on his lower jaw after having his incisors removed, I nursed him for 3 weeks but it got so bad it split his jaw so we had to say goodbye :cry...
  12. sgprescue

anyone use all creatures vets in Horsford, Norwich?

As the title says, does anyone use all creatures veterinary practice in Horsford, Norwich? Normally I go to Companion Care however today Blossom was taken ill and my usual vets were not there and I am not 100% happy with the treatment from the vet I saw. Blossom has developed an abcess on her...
  13. sgprescue

Available Rescue: Lady Pigpig and Pigsy Lott

Lady Pigpig and Pigsy Lott are two beautiful himilayan female guinea pigs that came into rescue from a care home where the staff felt the residents were not caring for them properly. They are just over a year old and are really friendly. If you would like to offer them a home I would require a...
  14. sgprescue

Wanted: medium neutered male rabbit wanted

A lady who adopted a neutered female rabbit from me lost her male a few months ago and is on the look out for a partner for Blueberry. Blueberry is a good size medium bunny and is approx 4 years old, the lady is looking for a similar size and aged male bunny to pair up with her. She has a...
  15. sgprescue

Bunnyrun - Leicester to Norwich

Can anyone help get the lovely Freya from Honeybunnys in Leicester to me in Norwich please? :D
  16. sgprescue

Wanted: Timmy is looking for love, small female wanted

Timmy is a tiny handsome neutered male netherland dwarf. We took him in a few months ago because he needed a home after dislocating one of his front legs. A few weeks ago we bonded him with Bart who had recently become lonely however we have now sadly had to have Bart put to sleep because of...
  17. sgprescue

Available Rescue: Domino and Randal, 2 lovely male piggies

Domino and Randal are 2 lovely male piggies that we rescued amongst several others a few months ago from someone that gave up breeding. Domino had a huge abcess on the side of his face but this has now cleared up and he is doing really well. Domino is black and white smooth coated and approx 2...
  18. sgprescue

Available Rescue: not a rabbit I know but 3 cats looking for loving homes

It makes me sad that I have to try and find a home for these 3 cats. My sister decided she wanted to move and signed an agreament on a house knowing she was not allowed to take her cats with her. She moved yesterday and had still not bothered to find a home for the cats. I have managed to...
  19. sgprescue

Pictures for Abi - Teegs and his new wifey

As you can see they are getting on very well together :D
  20. sgprescue

Available Rescue: Humphrey, lovely neutered male piggy

This is Humphrey. I am fostering him at the moment for Hellesdon guinea pig rescue in Norwich. He is only a few months old and is looking for someone to love him. He was castrated this morning so will be looking for a home with a lovely lady (or some if his luck is in :lol:). I will be...
Back