• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Myxomatosis control- WARNING sensitive subject) THURSDAY 23 August update

Dear All, in view of the nasty Myxomatosis outbreak here in the Sanctuary, amongst vaccinated bunnies, I wondered how you felt about the following: At first sign of Myxomatosis all rabbits were isolated and treated with SPOT ON to prevent spread by Fleas, and anti mosquito measures taken (well...
  2. A

News at GA Sanctuary- FRIDAY 17 Update

Dear All, so sorry I have not been around, but we have had a major crisis here at the Sanctuary:? :? :? All the rabbits are religiously vaccinated against Myxomatosis every six months, and my vet does the vaccines properly. Unfortunately, despite this, and my taking precautions such as having...
  3. A

Angel & Candy

Posted on behalf of Phill Please meet Angel and Candy, these two lovely bunnies have been on RR for over a year. There owner origonally had 4 buns and has managed to find homes for two but Angel and Candy are still there. Angel (owner) has moved house and her landlord will not allow her to hav...
  4. A

What would you have done??

Hiya :D After a lovely evening out with friends, we drove back home late last night ....on one the major roundabouts David accidently drove over a tiny rabbit in the road, but thankfully did not hit it :!: I asked David to go back slowly around the (busy)roundabout so I could have a second...
  5. A

Any ideas what this could be??

Hello, I just wondered if anyone had experienced the following symptoms in their rabbit, and possible causes :?: Gabriel our lovely 3 year old Angora suddenly developed fluid on his abdomen and under his neck.. At first I thought he had a thyroid condition as poor poppet went all sluggish, but...
  6. A

Unexpected new arrival

Hiya folk :) We have an unexpected new arrival on the way, in form of black female ( :?: ( rabbit :shock: :shock: :shock: Our lovely vet phoned to say a rabbit had been dumped inside a plastic bag at the pet shop :evil: :evil: The pet shop phoned the vets as they did not know what to do...
  7. A

Ebony Eyes Auction

Posted on behalf of Bunny mad lisa AUCTIONS FOR THE EBONY EYES APPEAL Hi all I have started this new thread for anyone who would like to put up details of items they are auctioning for the Ebony Eyes appeal. I have put an auction up today on ebay for a gorgeous lop bunny plate which is very...
  8. A

The Sanctuary bunnies in the snow

Hiya I will be uploading some photos of the bunnies playing in the snow. To begin with here are Crystal and Sir Lancelot the Angoras :D Note: None of the bunnies spent more than two minutes out in the snow at any one time, and were dried thoroughly when they were put back into their playhouses.
  9. A

Three of the Sanctuary bunnies having surgery today

Hiya, worried Bunny Mummy here :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: I packed our three little darlings off early this morning, to spend the day with our lovely vet. I made up the pet carriers with fresh snuggly vet bed, little boxes of herb hay, and teddy bears :oops: :lol: Mauna has...
  10. A

Please send Healing Vibes for Isis

Hiya :) I just wanted to let you know about our beautiful little Isis (Grey Lionhead) Doe, who looks just like a cuddly Koala Bear :love: Isis has been living very happily with two other Lionheads Buttons, and Lady Guinivere for over a year now without their ever being any problems. A few days...
  11. A

THANK YOU LOUISE

Dear Aunty Louise & Uncle Steve thank you from the bottom of our paws for taking us over to Aunty Elaine In Manchester, ready for our trip down to our new home in Worcestershire tomorrow. We have so enjoyed staying with you, and thank you for taking such great care of us. Mummy Adele & Daddy...
  12. A

Foster homes needed- Southampton area?

POSTED ON BEHALF OF: Hells From: Hells I volunteer at Southampton rabbit rescue, they have just been asked to take in several bunnies from a breeder who is being closed down. The breeder has been told any that cannot be found homes will be pts in 10 days time. Thanks Helen,( please pm Hells...
  13. A

Happy Birthday Ben

Darling Ben, wishing you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, with all our love and kisses from Mummy Adele and Daddy David. XX I wanted everyone to share your 14 th Birthday celebrations with us as you are a remarkable little rabbit. You arrived here 4-5 years ago, and being blind had lost your...
  14. A

Angoras -ideas please

Hiya :D I wondered if you could please give me some ideas about the angoras we rescued two weeks ago. The Angoras are all doing extremely well post neutering, and I have had some time to assess their characters. Lancelot- He is a very small young angora, who has a strong but loving personality...
  15. A

New Bonding attempt of the rescued angora does

Hello :) I had an attempt at bonding the two Angora Does yesterday, and I thought I would take this opportunity whilst they both still have plastic collars on . The bunnies have healed up well after their ops, so I felt it time to start slowly introducing them. I had been informed they have...
  16. A

Emergency Op!!

:( :( :( Have had a bit of a stressful afternoon and had to rush poor Crystal the Angora to the vets as her babies are overdue. I felt movement in her tum over the weekend, butwas concerned this morning as no babies had appeared, and due date was end of last week. Crystal seemed well in...
  17. A

Guardian Angels Sanctuary new arrivals

Here as promised is photo of Crystal the expectant Mummy, isnt she blooming well :?: :D
  18. A

Help choosing a name for the Angora Doe

Please could you help me settle on a name for one of the Angora Does. She is beautiful (and reminds me of our Bear Angora who passed away earlier this year) being gold and grey mix colourwise. Here is a list of names we have composed, do you like any of them, if so, which? Many thanks :D We...
  19. A

Angoras here-having surgery today!!!!!!!

Hiya, we are rushing around here getting ready to take in four Angoras who were advertised in the freeads. I agree with what Tamsin has said about people sometimes being a little too overkeen to help bunnies advertised in this way, but this is an exceptional case. There are four Angoras, two...
  20. A

New additon to our Warren

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5840 :D :D :D Hiya, just to let everyone who may be interested know that we are adopting Milly, the fluff ball from Gloucester :P :P :P :D :D :D David and agreed not to take any more rescue rabbits into the Sanctuary, but after...
Back