• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Sammy&Patch

Can too much fresh grass make a bunny overweight?

My bunnies had both been about 2.5kg, early this year they were both about 2.7kg. I had asked my vet if they were overweight but she said she could feel their bones etc and didn't think so. Hazel has been unwell with sniffles recently (posted on another thread) but she has still been eating...
  2. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Looking for advice/ideas if anyone has any please. My bunny Hazel is about 5/6 years old (I got her from rescue and have had her 3 years). Last year around this time she had started sneezing and having a runny nose etc, yellow/white discharge. As a previous bunny had similar I was worried it was...
  3. Sammy&Patch

Beetles in new hay

https://imgur.com/a/3MJJ2IL Above is a photo of the beetle. I tried tasters of different hays as my bunnies have become fussy with the shop bought hay. They absolutley love the soft cut I found from the Hay Box. I bought them a mixed blend 5kg and they weren't too bothered so I gave in and...
  4. Sammy&Patch

Can you add oral Baytril to a treat/nuggets and let the rabbit take it that way?

Hi, Hazel has been sneezing, had yellow nasal discharge etc. The vet gave her Baytril for 1 week. I also asked for a test for Pasteurella, our vets lab doesn't do it but she found one that does and we're just waiting for results. The reason I wanted to test for it was because my old bunny...
  5. Sammy&Patch

Ear wax, strange head twitch

I am hoping someone has experienced the same as me as I can't seem to find any discussions with similar 'symptoms'. We have had Shadow since about february, he was estimated about 1-2 years then so he is probably between 2-3 years now. He has one hear that is permanantly up and the other is a...
  6. Sammy&Patch

Would you give up?

Earlier in the year I was on here getting advise about bonding Hazel and Shadow, they are a very difficult bond. We have been trying for a long time and Shadow was only getting to stay if they could be bonded (the rescue said they would have him back if it didn't work out). But we have of course...
  7. Sammy&Patch

Bunny stress

I had my bunny Hazel at the vets today, they are only doing emergencies but they did see her for me. Bacground: on another thread I have been detailing my bonding problems with her and shadow. She is now settled with him being around. I had been swapping litter trays but the last few weeks I...
  8. Sammy&Patch

Advice on bonding please

Hi, I have a female bunny, Hazel , that I got from rescue in November, estimated 2-3 years old. I got her speyed in December. She had cancer in the uterus (a separate post about that!) so I was going to wait to get her a friend but the vet said as we have no idea if it has spread and how long...
  9. Sammy&Patch

Advice on spaying a 2-3 year old bunny please.

I am taking on a rescue bunny soon, a female approx. 2-3 years old. I should be getting her the end of this month/beginning December. She has not been spayed. I have asked the rescue about spaying her before she comes to me (at my cost), partly while I wait to get her and partly as I thought if...
  10. Sammy&Patch

Twisted gut? Poor Gingerbread died today :-(

My poor darling Gingerbread died today :-( Igot him from the SSPCA 4 years ago, at the time they said he was 4 years old so he is estimated at 8 years old now! He was a delightful, friendly wonderful bunny. I got Gingerbread as a companion for Sammy after Patch died. Sammy passed away in June...
  11. Sammy&Patch

Gingerbread and pasty urine, too much calcium!

Gingerbread is nearly 8 years old, we got him from the SSPCA when he was about 4. He has always had a problem tolerating grass, and most veg, he will have massive squidgy poo messes. Last year I got some advice on here, I took it right back to basics only and tried introducing things slowly etc...
  12. Sammy&Patch

Sammy's time has sadly come.

My beautiful, funny, mischievous, friendly, loving bunny, Sammy passed away last night. She would have been 9 years old next month. I have had her since she was a baby, adopted from pets at home where she was at the back for rehoming, I think to make room for a new litter of bunnies :-( She has...
  13. Sammy&Patch

Panacur possible intolerance.

Hi, I just thought I would make a new post in case anyone finds similar problems with the panacur. My 8 year old bunny was ill last august with a suspected stroke. I had never given panacur before as she is an indoor bunny so I didn't think I needed to. Another possible cause of her problem was...
  14. Sammy&Patch

Advice for bunny with lots of gas

My bunny is 8 years old and hasn't been doing too well. The last few weeks she has been doing very well and I was so pleased with her progress. Yesterday at about 2pm my partner noticed her breathing really fast but just thought she must have been running around, he didn't mention to me. I...
  15. Sammy&Patch

Sammy has stopped eating her nuggets.

Looking for some advise. Some people might know Sammy (8 years old female) has been unwell. She seemed to finally be on the mend. I won't go into all the details as there has been a lot going on. One thing was her drooling a lot. This has finally stopped. She seemed to be eating very well for...
  16. Sammy&Patch

Help with bunny peeing & pooing where she shouldn't!

Hi, I seem to always be asking for help on here lately, sorry! I would appreciate any advice. I have Sammy & Gingerbread. They are not bonded. They have a room each with baby gates on with wire mesh over. They take it in turns on being in the hallway which is between the 2 rooms, 1 gate it shut...
  17. Sammy&Patch

Gingebread very soft squidgy mess of poo everytime he has grass,greenery etc

We got Gingerbread a few years ago from a rescue centre. He is about 6 years old. Ever since getting him he has a poo problem. He is fine on his nuggets and hay but anytime he has more than a tiny amount of anything like grass,dandelion leaves, cabbage, brocolli etc it seem like his body can't...
  18. Sammy&Patch

8 year old bunny with suspected stroke

Sammy is an 8 year old female bunny, I believe she is some sort of lion head dwarf cross. She lives indoors and has her own room, we have another bunny, Gingerbread but they would not bond so they are separate other than smooching sessions. Yesterday I came home and found her in the corner of...
  19. Sammy&Patch

Bunny weepy eyes

Hi, I'm looking for advise. I have had Sammy for about 5/6 years. Last December she had a bit of a weepy eye, I kept an 'eye' on it and it seemed to clear up. But it came back so just after Christmas I took her to the vets. The weeping didn't seem sticky, no gunk, here eye didn't look inflamed...
  20. Sammy&Patch

Bonding my new bunny with my old, advise please :-)

Hi, I am looking for some advice on bonding bunnies. I have had my female bunny, Sammy, for about 5 years. She was speyed when she was younger. I had her about a year before getting a male bunny friend for her, similar age. He was then neutered and we had quick success in bonding them. I didn't...
Back