• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Sammy&Patch

Can too much fresh grass make a bunny overweight?

Thanks, I didn't know what spring grass was but did think it was probably the wrong time of year for it! I think Hazel is very happy that I'm not cutting back on the grass, she loves it :-) Hopefully they won't notice a reduction in nuggets. I top up the hay multiple times in the day so they...
  2. Sammy&Patch

Thanks, I have a vet appointment thursday so I'm going to ask the vet about it then.
  3. Sammy&Patch

Thanks for everyones suggestions, I will cut the nuggets down, not go back to the carrot and pepper and hopefully that will help :-)
  4. Sammy&Patch

Thanks, I'll maybe try and pick more of the older darker looking grass as she still eats that too and keep the quantity the same. Both of their poops are normally good sized, well formed etc. The odd problem ones here or there but nothing bad. I never thought I would need to watch the weight of...
  5. Sammy&Patch

My bunnies had both been about 2.5kg, early this year they were both about 2.7kg. I had asked my vet if they were overweight but she said she could feel their bones etc and didn't think so. Hazel has been unwell with sniffles recently (posted on another thread) but she has still been eating...
  6. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Just a quick update: Hazel had her tear ducts flushed and xrays done on thursday under sedation. The vet said it went well, they cleared quite a lot out of one side in particular. Luckily her xrays (head and chest) were all clear, he said her teeth are all good. No signs of anything in chest (I...
  7. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Thankyou :-)
  8. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Thankyou :-)
  9. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Thankyou for your advice, her ears were fine when the vet checked the other day, she has sticking up ears (my other bunny is a helicopter ear and he does have repeated ear infections). I will ask my vet about doing the tear duct without sedation, I don't think i's likely for her as she is...
  10. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Thankyou for your reply, I think it's because of her age and her being unwell as well I just worry I will lose her if we do an anaesthetic. She always strikes me as being a fragile bunny, she's very sweet, loves her food, she's very gentle. She had a cancer scare when I first got her and had her...
  11. Sammy&Patch

Hazel sneezing/snuffles

Looking for advice/ideas if anyone has any please. My bunny Hazel is about 5/6 years old (I got her from rescue and have had her 3 years). Last year around this time she had started sneezing and having a runny nose etc, yellow/white discharge. As a previous bunny had similar I was worried it was...
  12. Sammy&Patch

Beetles in new hay

I'm going to continue to buy from them unless I find more in the replacement. So far so good! I wanted them to eat blend but they weren't bothered, it's the soft cut the wolf down. I'm happy to see them eat so much hay. I did read that the soft doesn't wear their teeth as well so hope I don't...
  13. Sammy&Patch

Beetles in new hay

The company just phoned me and they are going to send another box and take this back. He told me about the process the hay goes through to make sure there aren't bugs so he doesn't know why they are there but he is happy to replace. Maybe they have been attracted to it rather than came from it...
  14. Sammy&Patch

The much anticipated new batch of soft hay is in

Yes the beetles are alive, hopefully I have just been unlucky then as my bunnies love it. I've sent them a facebook message with a picture, will see what they say.
  15. Sammy&Patch

The much anticipated new batch of soft hay is in

Hi, I just put up a thread about a beetle I found in my soft hay and came across this thread. Did you buy some of the Hay Box soft cut? That's what I got and my bunnies love it sooooooo much but I just found beetles in it yesterday and wondering if anyone else found the same and if it's a...
  16. Sammy&Patch

Beetles in new hay

https://imgur.com/a/3MJJ2IL Above is a photo of the beetle. I tried tasters of different hays as my bunnies have become fussy with the shop bought hay. They absolutley love the soft cut I found from the Hay Box. I bought them a mixed blend 5kg and they weren't too bothered so I gave in and...
  17. Sammy&Patch

Separation anxiety

You sound just like me! We work from home anyway but the bunnies we have now we got not long before lockdown. So we've hardly been out and about. When we first went out for the whole day, one of my bunnies, Hazel, was acting a bit weird when we got back, she's quite a nervy bunny and doesn't...
  18. Sammy&Patch

Sudden rabbit death following Eravac vaccine

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending lots of love your way xxx
  19. Sammy&Patch

Can you add oral Baytril to a treat/nuggets and let the rabbit take it that way?

Thanks, she got put off when I tried on her nuggets and I really had to encourage her but I'm now doing it on a 'pocket' treat that she absolutley loves and she is eating it no problem. I don't give them many nuggets / treats normally so that might be why she is happy to eat it. The vet did 2...
  20. Sammy&Patch

Can you add oral Baytril to a treat/nuggets and let the rabbit take it that way?

Hi, Hazel has been sneezing, had yellow nasal discharge etc. The vet gave her Baytril for 1 week. I also asked for a test for Pasteurella, our vets lab doesn't do it but she found one that does and we're just waiting for results. The reason I wanted to test for it was because my old bunny...
Back