• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Sarah1991

Bonding Dilemma (Help!)

Hi all, We've had Fearne for a little while now, she's been spayed more than long enough for hormones to have calmed down, we even went as far as to buy a brand new home for her and Finnlay so they were on neutral ground when we were bonding them. It seemed to be going well, they had been in...
  2. Sarah1991

Milo - Feb 2014 - April 16th 2018

Some may already know because of Facebook, but on Monday, we lost Milo, he had been unwell for about a week and was on antibiotics to treat a mass behind his eye, things took a turn for the worst and he slipped away from us on Monday. Anyone who’s ever read anything about Milo knows he was...
  3. Sarah1991

Snugglesafes on offer on Amazon

If anyone need them this year :wave...
  4. Sarah1991

Hay suggestions please!

I buy Meadow from The Range (only around £3 odd for a large bag) then a more expensive Alfalfa King Timothy Hay (around £40 for an 11.36kg bag) I'm not sure if i'm overspending on the Timothy hay. I know some people get bales from farms that are quite cheap but the last time I did this Milo...
  5. Sarah1991

Oxbow Digestive Support Tablets

I always use these since Milo had his stasis twice. He gets one a day (and of course I have to give Finn one as well, unless I'd be a disgrace!) so we get through them quick. I usually buy my Timothy hay and these tablets from The Hay Experts, if anyone does the same, they are currently...
  6. Sarah1991

Just a couple of Milo and Finn photos!

I just realized I hadn't posted any photos of Milo and Finn here in forever, I seem to put them all on my Facebook or on UK Rabbit Group! They are both great *touch wood* Milo hasn't shown any more signs of illness although I'm always on guard for EC signs and eating and things! I dare not...
  7. Sarah1991

On ''Poo Watch''

There were some teeny poops in the enclosure this morning :( always makes me nervous, especially seeing as Milo has been poorly twice before, once with stasis and again with EC alongside stasis. Keeping a very watchful eye for any EC signs too. Both bunnies ate their morning pellet well and had...
  8. Sarah1991

I am extremely sick of hearing this phrase...

''If it weren't for breeders, there would be no rabbits'' *siiigh*
  9. Sarah1991

Verm-X Nuggets?

Someone is asking me about Verm-X nuggets on my Rabbit Group on Facebook. I'm sure there is a reason why they aren't very good but I cant for the life of me fine any info on why? Can anyone help me out?
  10. Sarah1991

Well that was a strange...

Milo just had a mental 5-10 minutes of torturing poor Finnlay, usually there is some humping at breakfast time with the excitement so this is normal for them, but this was whilst sat watching them on the bunny cam at work I saw him literally chasing Finn down and nibbling his back end, circling...
  11. Sarah1991

Milo has ear mites!

This little rabbit seems to get everything going these days, poor little man. :? On the bunnies weekly check I noticed the tell tale flaky skin on the inside of Milo's ear on his right, he is scratching a bit and shaking his head now and then. His ear is also quite red and inflamed and flaky on...
  12. Sarah1991

Milo - Last dose of Panacur tomorrow!

As the title reads, Milo (and Finn for precautionary measures) is on the last dose of Panacur tomorrow. He is basically back to his old self, but I do think he has a ever so slight head tilt that wouldn't be noticed by most, but I obviously can see something there that's different... What I was...
  13. Sarah1991

Best way to safely disinfect enclosure after suspected EC?

As title reads? I'm sure Jane mentioned something about 10% bleach solution but is this definitely safe and how long would I have to leave it before it was safe for bunnies to go back into? I normally use the Clean n safe stuff. Floors are lino, I will be steam cleaning rugs and everything...
  14. Sarah1991

Switching to SS from Excel?

Milo and Finn have always been on Burgess Excel and atm they get the ''light'' version and they do like it and haven't had any issues on it bar the odd cecal in the enclosure, although lately I've been wondering if switching to Science Selective is a good idea? Milo's diet needs to be really...
  15. Sarah1991

RWAF Companionship Poster!

Some of you may have already seen this, but I just wanted to share the latest RWAF poster, made by yours truly! ;) I'm no preofessional but I'm really pleased that they decided to use my design! :D I'm over the moon to be helping them out using something that I can actually do, its well worth...
  16. Sarah1991

Another...grooming question!

I'm sorry to ask yet another grooming question, I'm sure there are thousands of threads about ''the best brush'' but what I need to know it slightly different. I know that a lot of people use a slicker type brush and some use the rubber point type brushes like the cat zoom groom. I have both...
  17. Sarah1991

Fibafirst as only pellets?

Is it OK to give Fibafirsts as the only pellets rabbits get? Does anyone do this? Do Fibafirsts have the same nutrients as Burgess Excel? They are currently on the light, with Milo having his stasis twice in four months I really want to get him on a really high fibre diet, I don't think it...
  18. Sarah1991

Diet suggestions for sensitive tummies?

I'd be interested to know if any of you have any suggestions on good things for a bunny with a sensitive tummy to have? Milo and Finn's diet atm is very uncomplicated and there is nothing that would cause excess gas, but its clear that Milo is very sensitive so I need to be aware of this...
  19. Sarah1991

Vibes for Milo? EMERGENCY VETS

He has again gone into stasis. :( The last time was in March and it took him a full day to show improvement. This morning I got up at 7:30 and knew as soon as I laid eyes on him that something was wrong. I must have caught it early as he won't eat hay, pellet or fibafirsts which he usually...
  20. Sarah1991

Can anyone explain this behaviour?

Milo is most definitely the dominant rabbit in my pair, he will hump Finn when its time for breakfast. Usually Milo only does this when there is food on the go, breakfast time is the ''suual'' time for this. Lately, Finn has been doing this strange thing where he follow Milo really closely and...
Back