• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Rabbit routine?

Oh dear, do we EVER have a routine! They have me well trained. First off, my male who has run of the house (minus the bedrooms) wakes me up between 5:30 and 6 by knocking something against my bedroom door. Then I stumble into the main part of the house. He gets a small serving of pellets...
  2. L

Female female pair

The best pairs I've ever had were female/female. Several of them over the years. Spayed, unspayed, and one of each. Most of mine were pairs that were either sisters, or met each other when young. One pair bonded on their own after going through a trauma together. (dog attacked rabbit shed)...
  3. L

Nasty Rabbit

Out of all the bonds I've had, two females were actually the best, and I've had a number of pairs of them. If this happened after the spay and she became aggressive to you as well, it might be post surgery pain. Scar tissue inside, a stitch that won't dissolve etc. I had some post female...
  4. L

Need some back up, two week old babies being advertised on facebook

Since I have not seen the specific ad I don't know if this applies or not, but it is common where I live for rabbits to be advertised when they are young so people can put them on hold, but they are not released to be taken home until they are older. This happens often with show breeders who...
  5. L

Litter training question.

Puppy pads DO attract them to pee on that area. but my boy has a litter box in his cage which he uses, but will sometimes pee in the cage (papers under the bottom) because I think he still sort of cosiders it litter box are. He has another litter box in the kitchen and he never pees near or...
  6. L

Not Eating Hay

Think of it from a buns point of view. Hay is dry grass. In the wild, the rabbits will go for the fresh over the dry, just as most of us would prefer fresh salad to dry salad. When no fresh is available, rabbits eat the dry because there is no option. A reason why they have babies in the...
  7. L

Men...

I would be worried about what other critter would find it's way in, and perhaps in and out and in and out, using the house at it's convenience..mice, rats, hedgie, gopher...you name your local vermin. I know people who had cat/dog doors who got more than they bargained for in their home!
  8. L

Spay question

I've traveled with rabbits a LOT. Several hour trips to several day trips. I've never had one even go off feed as a result of it. So unless you know she is phobic of the car or have had bad experiences with her after a car ride, I wouldn't sweat it, take her to the vet you feel most confident...
  9. L

some poop questions

I live in the forest and (hope this is not too graphic) the animals poops definitely change with the diet as they progress through the seasons. Deer, Elk and bunny poop is blacker and small in when there are fresh greens and larger, lighter in color and harder when they are eating dry fodder...
  10. L

If your bunny could exact revenge..

We recently got a second bunny and HE (who shall be known as Mr Crankypants) doesn't like her...So I expect HE would bring home a new woman and cuddle up next to her and say "see...how to YOU like it!" I expect that in time he will be won over and realize that having both a human woman and a...
  11. L

Tentatively saying hello

Hi Bea! I too live with serious mental illness and I deeply understand how it effects every area of life and our families, the furry members as well. Big hugs, glad you are reaching out for community! Glad you are able to have Molly, my buns are a huge support to me.
  12. L

Can rabbits eat wet grass??

If it's wet and alive or wet and just picked, no problem. issue is if it's wet and sits around it can get moldy fast and/or ferment, that's where the tummy issues come from.
  13. L

Tubby bunnies already eating 90% hay?

It sounds like you have them on a great diet, I agree with others...metabolism. Some breeds of bunnies are less active and bred for round bodies. I mean I have NEVER seen a chubby Brit Petite or Tan...they are busy bodies, but some lop breeds just tend to be loafers. And even on hay, look how...
  14. L

Hard to find Easter Bunnies!

Thought I'd share some good news. Did a little "research" this Easter to see if the "Chocolate bunnies NOT live bunnies" campaign of recent years has been effective. I did not see a single rabbit for sale in a pet shop! Nada! The two weeks preceeding Easter only saw one add on the online...
  15. L

These are amazing! (bottle/bowl thing)

Oh lovely! I didn't know these were still around, I haven't seen them in years! It's a great solution.
  16. L

Why do rabbits lick you ?

It's a lovey grooming thing but I have also noticed that when I've come from a dusty hike he likes to "taste" my legs to see where I've been. I used to work in a warehouse that was very dusty and dirty and he'd be mad licking my legs when I got home, the dirtier the better! But he is lovey and...
  17. L

Peeing on rugs

There is just something about rugs and mats... Nearly every house bun I've had has done this. My boy is pretty much perfect about his litter box except he still feels like he should pee on the mat in front of the sink or stove, and leave me a few droppings there over night. Not every night...
  18. L

Baby bunny treats?

Mine loves a sprig of cilantro.
  19. L

David Zinn Street Art

Thank you, That's darling!
  20. L

The Tale of Three Chairs...

I got my bunny Schaeffer a year ago January and at the time lived in an apt with essentially no furniture in the living area except one stuffed chair. It's wide enough that I can sit with him beside me (and we often do). When I moved in with my boyfriend a year ago, HE had a small stuffed...
Back