• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Are your buns microchipped?

Basically my rescue bun came chipped and im thinking about whether or not to get my other bun done. So I was just wondering what others thought? Do you chip or not and your reasons for and against.
  2. C

Back from bonding - How much of hutch and run to give?

So little poppy and burt are home!!! They have been at the rescue bonding for 6days. They make a very sweet couple and are pretty much identical size - will work out how to get some pics on here and add later. At the moment ive put them just in downstairs of hutch and blocked the runaround pipe...
  3. C

What would you give to a rescue, when adopting a bunny?

As some of you may know, one of our bunnies passed away a couple of weeks a go, leaving his partner lonely and depressed. We visited a rescue a week later (sunday), because we'd said how depressed our other little bunny was, they homechecked us (monday). They had her in for bonding with new bun...
  4. C

Neutralising Hutch - Post12 - Leave vinegar on or wipe it down after??

Right so my little girly goes away for bonding tomorrow and I was just thinking about neutralising things whilst she gone and there's a few things I'm unsure of (its been 5 years since I last had to think about these things): Firstly I have a runaround pipe - how, on this earth, do I neutralise...
  5. C

HELP - bunny loosing weight quickly -U/D post 25 shes coming home!!

Sadly, we lost one bunny a week ago, his partner is very depressed and seems to be loosing weight quickly. Fingers crossed we should be able to get her with a new partner by the end of the week (waiting on home check). But I am really concerned about how much weight she seems to have lost. I...
  6. C

Snugglesafe - are they really safe? are they worth it?

I have impulse bought a Snugglesafe off amazon for £9.67. But I'm not sure I actually want one. :? I'm debating whether or not to cancel the order. There are some bad reviews that say about them bursting and I'm worried that my buns might bite it. Has anyone had this kind of experience? Are...
  7. C

Junior or Adult Pellets for a 10week old and 3yr old?

I'm really confused as to whether I should use junior or adult pellets, if I have a 10 week old with a 3yr old bun? I think the only difference is protein? So is the adult one too low in protein for a baby bun and the junior one too high in protein for an adult bun? If so what do I do? :? My...
  8. C

Chances of bonding four buns - 3 male - 1 female?

So, I've been offered 2 bunnies, from an accidental litter (from pet shop buns sold as two girls but actually boy and girl). The person is a neighbour of my brother and their accidental litter resulted in two little nethie type boys, that are now 6 months. The buns live together happily...
  9. C

HELP!!! New neighbourhood cat terrorising my buns!!!

Woke up this morning to see a new cat in my garden terrorising my buns!!! I've repeatedly scared it off but it keeps coming back. The buns now will not leave their runaround pipe and keep thumping in there. I don't know what to do. eta - I was pleased however that the runaround pipe confused...
  10. C

Hay rack

I want some hay racks in their hutch (a 6x2x4 double). What do you use/recommend? Also what does everyone think of these (I was thinking 3-4 of one type of these racks): A Trixie wall fix one (22x16x6cm) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Natura-Manger-Rabbit-Guinea/dp/B000WFIB1I Kerbl racks...
  11. C

OMG - little nethies can pass each other INSIDE a runaround pipe!!

OMG I cant believe it my nethies both entered the runaround pipe at the same time but at opposites ends yet somehow they managed to pass each other in the middle:shock:!!! I was waiting for at least one bun to reverse back out but no they both came out forwards facing at the opposite ends to...
  12. C

Rabbit Savvy Vet - Ellesmere Port/Wirral/Chester area

Does anyone have / know of a rabbit savvy vet in Ellesmere Port/Wirral/Chester area?
  13. C

Apple Trees - branches, twigs and leaves and how to dry?

There was a terrible storm yesterday and a very healthy looking, mature apple tree was brought down at the farm where I keep my ponies. So I'm going to ask if I can cut some of the branches, twigs and leaves off the top of the tree. I was thinking the buns could have some fresh and then I could...
  14. C

Help with litter trained buns pooing in grass

My buns were housebuns and have always been perfect with regards to their litter tray (not a drooping out of the litter tray since they were very young - 3 years ago). This summer I acclimatised them to outdoors (we moved and I didn't have space for a proper indoor setup and have a toddler - so...
  15. C

What paint? and piccies of your painted hutches please

My new double hutch and separate run are on order (along with a runaround pipe). :D So I'm now thinking about what I'm going to paint it with. I think, from looking through old threads, that most people use Cuprinol Garden Shades? Is this best or does anyone use a cheaper own brand version...
  16. C

How much food?

Right so I'm really confused. I always thought bunnies had a bowl full of pellet food a day but I've seen things on here saying an egg cup full a day :shock: ? Is this really right? If so what happens if they have/have had too much pelleted food? My buns are 3yrs old. Neither of my buns is...
  17. C

New Hutch Help - Welfare Hutches, Ryedale or other make?

Really can’t decide on hutches! I want something quality, that’s going to last for a very long time. I’ve been looking at The Welfare Hutch Company (which I live near) and Ryedale. Has anyone got one of these or another make they’d recommend? Do you keep the hutch outside and if so how has the...
Back