• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. liv862

Critical care vs recovery

Hi guys :wave: Just a quickie, after having sum gut problems with mr rolo my vet gave me (as well as meds) some recovery plus to syringe feed, and told me its much better than critical care cos it has more fibre and probiotics in. Have just finished the course (nd we are looking much better...
  2. liv862

mr dusty is a chubby bunny!!!

Confession time: At the start of the winter i got all worked up about how cold it was and although my buns had their snugglesafes each night i still felt guilty about them having to live outside now (they used to be indoor rabbits but since moving in with my parents 2 years ago they hav to be...
  3. liv862

Opinions on furminators

hey guys, just wanted to collect peoples thoughts on furminator brushes. I was considering getting one of their small animal ones for my lionheads but since their pretty expensive i wanted a bit more info before I commit to buying one. I read some reviews that said the comb is a bit sharp, is...
  4. liv862

rumbly tummy?

Hi everyone :wave: Over the last four or five days over noticed my boy rolo has a very loud belly. Its like the sound a human belly mite make if you're really hungry. And its properly loud, I can hear it in a quiet room from a good meter away! Thing is, he seems totally fine, he's eating fine...
  5. liv862

owners of fluffy buns! help!

all owners of lionheads, angoras or any other ridiculously fluffy buns, i need your advice! how do u stop fluff getting in ur buns eyes?!! my poor mr dusty (a double maned lionhead - i assume - either that or hes half chinchilla!) is a victim of his own fluff!!! :lol: every year his winter...
  6. liv862

eye gunk

just found a blob of white gunk stuck to the lashes of mr dusty's eye, the eye lids arent red, conjunctiva is lovely and white, eye is not swollen or appearing to be bothering him at all. have washed out his eye with sterile saline in case anything is stuck in it and hav decided to monitor for...
  7. liv862

can you give vaccinations early?

hi bunnyfans :wave: just a quickie: my three are due their vax next month (last ones were dun 13/5/13), but i have to take one of them to the vets anyway this week for sumthing unrelated so can i save on the consultation fee by getting the vaccinations this week? or is this a bad idea? if so i...
  8. liv862

Rolo kissed me!!!!

i just wanted to share my joy, Rolo (and Dusty) will be one year old next month and up until last nite had never licked me once. he likes to rearrange my hair but had never licked my skin untill last nite for no apparent reason he spent the whole evening licking me all over!!! :love: :love...
  9. liv862

two buns seem to have kicked the third one out the club :(

sorry for posting again about my bunny troubles, am just looking for more advice plz (surprise surprise). sum of u may hav read bout the breakdown of my bunny family and are probs sick of hearing about it, so apologies for that, i just dont rlly hav any other support system from rabbit-savvy...
  10. liv862

sudocrem

just a quickie, is sudocrem safe for buns? just to put on sum small shallow bite wounds from their last scrap, nothing major, nothing infected :lol: hav cleaned the cuts out with saline, but since i always use sudocrem on me i wondered if its ok to use on them? thanks, liv xxx
  11. liv862

kno anybody who does bonding near cambridge?

am starting to get pretty stressed out with my attempts at re-bonding my trio of buns, the boys of which have recently decided to fall out for no good reason. sum1 suggested i get an experienced bonder or rescue to have a go in a totally neutral place, but i have no idea where to start looking...
  12. liv862

frantic help needed - broken bond??? UD: BIG step backward >:(

hi all, apologies in advance for needing so much help lately!!! i posted a couple of days ago cos my mummy bun Maisy had broken her toe. basically due to her wearing a cast all three buns moved into the house on monday, and they have free range of one rabbit-proofed room. today the two boys...
  13. liv862

rabbit savvy vet in cambridge?

as title suggests, am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good bunny vet in cambridge/shire area? mine are currently registered with the cambridge veterinary group but have not needed to use them so far so have no idea what theyll be like. thanks in advance, liv xx
  14. liv862

broken toe UD: pix

Hi bunny fans, i need sum advice again please :) i noticed my Maisy limping about not putting weight fully on her left hind foot a few days ago, and have been poking and prodding her trying to work out whats wrong. she doesnt seem to be in any pain, has no reaction to it being touched and is...
  15. liv862

white urine???

first off apologies if this does turn out to be just me being silly, im still learning bout my buns :oops: i was doing sum reading on here the other day nd found people saying that white/cloudy urine can be a symptom of a UTI or other urinary disease, and it worried me slightly cos my mummy bun...
  16. liv862

how much pellets to feed lionheads???

I now feed all my buns excel tasty nuggets for adult rabbits (since the boys are nearly 6 months ive switched them to big bun food), and it says on the packet to feed between 50-60g to a dutch, and 70-100g to an english. my problem is my buns are neither. i think they are lionhead crossed with...
  17. liv862

While the parents are away... the bunnies shall play!!!!

Hi everyone :wave: first of all an apology for not being active on the website for a while, have been having internet problems but hopefully is all sorted now :) just thought id share that my buns and I hav settled in great at my parents house, they have their own section of the garden securely...
  18. liv862

what is the opposite of lop eared?

a bit daft, but just trying to settle a debate i had with my parents last nite. :lol: is there any proper term to describe a rabbit with sticky-uppy ears? thanks, liv xxx
  19. liv862

hay vs straw

Of my three buns my two boys are great at eating hay, totally love it and eat loads every day. But Maisy, my mummy bun has always had issues with hay. the people that had her before me had no idea about bunnies and she had clearly never even seen hay before, so i struggled for months trying to...
  20. liv862

chipped tooth - to vet or not to vet?

Today Maisy broke the first and most important rule i ever taught my rabbits - NEVER to jump out of my arms!!!! shes all wound up cos ive just moved house earlier this week, she would never normally do something so stupid!!! she landed on the bare concrete outside and has chipped off the corner...
Back