• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Zoobec

Pickle - Goat 30/12/2022

We found Pickle in her forever sleep in the goat shed this morning :cry: It was a shock as she had been fine and behaving as usual yesterday, although she was very old. We are unsure of her age exactly but we have had her about 7 years and she was estimated as being at least 5 or 6 then. At...
  2. Zoobec

Yoshi has had his first haircut!

He’s German shepherd x poodle and had got quite overgrown hair, so I’ve given him a bath, a blow dry and clipped him today. I’m not a groomer so don’t laugh! I’ve got to tidy up his legs and head but he had had enough today and I hadn’t dried his legs off properly! Before After He’s 8...
  3. Zoobec

A new member of the family!

Today we have collected a new member of the family :love: we haven’t decided on a name yet. He is German shepherd x giant poodle- (shepadoodle) and has giant paws, so he should grow quite large! He is settling in well and seems happy and confident. It is certainly nice to have a dog in the house...
  4. Zoobec

Smokey cat 6th October 2011 - 27th July 2021

My poor son found Smokey in his forever sleep on the patio today :cry: we are broken hearted :cry: Smokey was part of an accidental litter that was handed in to a local rescue, we had him since he was a tiny kitten. He’s been such a big part of our family for almost 10 years, such a character...
  5. Zoobec

A blind dog and his tiny bodyguard brother

This is the story of a dog who had to have his eyes removed and leads a fantastic life. Photos show a dog with his eyes removed and healed closed. What an amazing pair :love...
  6. Zoobec

Goat antics and photos!

The goats are enjoying the hot weather. They’ve been sunning themselves on the patio :lol: Charlie likes to lay on the doorstep Charlie is the most laid back of them all. He came inside the other day :lol: They make me laugh. Charlie was on the seat of the lawn tractor this morning...
  7. Zoobec

Alfie- German Shepherd Dog 23/11/2008 - 03/06/2021

Alfie came to us as a puppy, he was the result of an accidental litter. He was very tiny when we got him, but soon grew into a big dog. Him and Holly our border collie were inseparable, until we lost her 2 months ago. He has spent lots of time with us since, and enjoyed being the centre of...
  8. Zoobec

A new life for Fern u/d post 38 today is the day!

She’s been ‘ok’ on her own but it occurred to me that it might be a bit selfish of me to keep her like that when she could have a fantastic home with a friend. I’ve had less time to spend with her with Holly needing so much nursing, and since we lost her, Alfie our German shepherd has needed a...
  9. Zoobec

Holly dog 05/11/2003 - 04/04/2021

Sadly Holly’s health had deteriorated and although we did our best for her, she had gone off her usual food so she ate like a princess towards the end, we fed her on whatever we could tempt her with - cat pouches, cat biscuits, tuna, salmon, cod, sardines, chicken thighs, finally we decided it...
  10. Zoobec

For KarenM - and any other cat lovers!

:lol:
  11. Zoobec

A valentines potato u/d fish cake photos!

Yes, I know I must be mad, finding shapes in potatoes:lol: but I found a heart shaped potato today:lol: I’m going to make hubby a heart shaped fish cake with it tomorrow:lol: (local fish cakes are 2 slices of potato with pieces of fish in between, then battered and fried
  12. Zoobec

Panda in the snow - anyone need a smile ?

https://youtu.be/iIAO4Htzn8M Made me smile, and laugh :lol::love:
  13. Zoobec

Fern and her new tunnel

I recently bought Fern a few new things, but I saved the tunnel and some willow toys for Christmas, here are a few photos of her investigating :love:
  14. Zoobec

Fern u/d new photos p38.

Fern is absolutely fine and doesn’t seem bothered in the slightest about losing Frosty. She is eating and drinking ok, and bouncing about as usual. In fact if anything she seems happier! I’ve talked to my daughter and OH and we are going to see how Fern goes on her own in the first instance...
  15. Zoobec

Frosty

An awful shock, I found Frosty lying in his forever sleep this morning :cry: he had seemed absolutely fine, never noticed anything untoward, thinking back they had been circling with each other a little at treat time if we took too long giving them. Fern was not taking any notice of him, and...
  16. Zoobec

Plant ID help please!

I saw these pretty wild flowers out walking and wondered what they are!
Back