• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Bess&George

That dreaded situation - left with one rabbit

Hello everyone, I now find myself in the situation I have dreaded for the past five years since the beginning of my rabbit ownership; I am left with just one if not elderly fairly mature rabbit. George and Bess came from a rescue, and sadly we had to let Bess go recently after months of ill...
  2. Bess&George

NZ white looking a bit scruffy? U/D I'm gonna have to let her go

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've been here, hope everyone and their bunny friends are well. I have two NZ whites, a mother and son, that came from a rescue 4.5 years ago. I've noticed lately that the mum bun has been looking a bit scruffy, her fur isn't as nice and fluffy as usual and...
  3. Bess&George

Drinking habits

Hello, I recently moved my rabbits outside and they have settled very well and seem to love it. I have always had this issue with one of the bunnies, George, he's a sort of waterholic! When I first got him he was getting problems with a wet bum, he had all sorts of tests done by vets at the...
  4. Bess&George

My bunnies have moved outside!

Earlier this year I asked for advice about moving our rabbits outside. We live in a flat but have a big roof terrace/balcony, and after much consideration a decision was made to reclaim the spare room and move the rabbits outside into a dog kennel. They moved last weekend, and so far so good. :)...
  5. Bess&George

Any garden plants that rabbits won't eat?

I'd really like to have some pots and planters with some pretty leafy garden plants on our roof terrace, but my two troublemakers who also use the roof terrace just eat anything and everything that has a hint of green in it. Are there any garden plants that rabbits dislike but that wouldn't be...
  6. Bess&George

Does a shed really need to be insulated?

Hello! :wave: We've decided to move the rabbits outside but can't reach a decision about the shed/kennel we want. I'd like to get a wooden dog kennel and insulate the indoor part. My OH has been reading online about insulating sheds and has concluded that you can't efficiently insulate a wooden...
  7. Bess&George

Rooftop bunnies - stupid idea or worth considering?

Hello, My rabbits live indoors and their presence has been causing some friction between me and my OH in recent months, he never liked them that much but recently they have started becoming more of a problem. I always wanted them to be free ranging house rabbits, but it's not really working out...
  8. Bess&George

Sweet revenge

George was enjoying his mid-afternoon nap in everybun's favourite spot, when Bess decided that's it's her turn and woke him up, rather rudely, with a bumbite. Fortunately for George, an opportunity for revenge came much later on, when Bess took a nap with her head stuck under his tail, and...
  9. Bess&George

Is this GI stasis? - u/d hospitalised :(

My usually very greedy and active bunny George has since last night been very quiet and eating less than usual. He wasn't keen on his veg last night which is very unlike him. I managed to get him to drink some water and he seemed to perk up a bit and started eating some hay so I thought he would...
  10. Bess&George

My dog crate!

My bunnies have been residing in the kitchen for the past 8 months or so, but the amount of fine hair on the counters and surfaces along with the hay on the floor was driving we mad. So we decided to move them to the spare room, where they will again have the whole room for themselves when we...
  11. Bess&George

Incontinence?

Hiya, My rabbit George is suffering from occasional incontinence. There are no big puddles, it's more like dripping. The urine is very clear and has no smell, you'd think it was just water when you wipe it from the floor if you didn't see it coming from him. I first noticed this a couple of...
  12. Bess&George

Rabbits drank milk - advice please

Hello, Just wondering if anyone has any advice.. My bunnies always have the run of our kitchen when we're out and today when we were gone they decided it was time to chew some holes into one of the long life milk bottles (plastic, not cardboard) we had stacked on the kitchen floor. Think they...
  13. Bess&George

First Bunnyversary :)

Just realised my bunnies have been living with me for one whole year. Hopefully there is many more to come!!:) December 2012 Now :love: I think it is safe to say they have settled in just fine! :)
  14. Bess&George

My rabbit has stopped eating - U/D back home!

My usually greedy rabbit Bess has completely stopped eating. :( She was eating as usual until late last evening when I gave them some pellets and she seemed disinterested, very unusual for her. She also grunted at me when I tried to tempt her with some veg. She was still the same this morning...
  15. Bess&George

Badly behaved rabbit - help please

Hello everyone, One of my rabbits, 1.5 year old house bun called George, is getting increasingly out of control and I was wondering if anyone had any advice. What used to quite funny has become a real nuisance, and his behaviour is becoming increasingly stressful and is getting worse every...
  16. Bess&George

Rabbits overate pellets last night - added "after party" photos :)

Hello!:wave: My two very naughty bunnies decided to have a party last night when I was fast asleep and managed the break into their pellet storage.:censored: There were pellets everywhere this morning and these two are very greedy so they must have eaten loads for there to be any left over...
  17. Bess&George

Anyone with New Zealand Whites or other big REWs?

Just curious really as I don't think I've seen pictures of any? I have two New Zealand Whites, they are not purebreeds though, you can tell from their wonky ears and they are slightly smaller too, at least based on what I've read. I wasn't too keen on getting two REWs to begin with but...
  18. Bess&George

Guardians of the kitchen door (photo heavy)

I really think my bunnies have found their purpose in life.. They spend most of their time hanging out in front of the kitchen door, whether there is someone in there or not! George takes the first shift For a moment he feels brave enough to leave his post but soon changes his mind...
  19. Bess&George

Ideal weight?

I'm still new to this whole rabbit thing so apologies for all the questions.. How do I know how much my rabbit should weigh? When I first got my two bunnies you could really feel their ribs, it really felt like they were just skin and bones and it didn't feel nice when you stroked them. But is...
  20. Bess&George

Rabbits avoiding me - how to reconnect with them?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might have some advice.. I've had my two house rabbits for just under four months now, a male and female, neutered and spayed. When they first moved in with us they settled in very quickly and were incredibly friendly and loved being stroked and having their...
Back