• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Nightmare Pets SOS BBC 1 now

Oh. How about hutch size, neutering, other bunnies in the environment as well..... I do feel sorry for the owners though; they’ve been given rubbish information when they bought the bunnies and want to change. Poor things :cry:
  2. S

Emergency vet - help

My big boy is suffering. He's been sedentary today. His eyes have been runny so I resolved to take him to vet tomorrow. However, his ears are now burning hot and his left leg keeps giving way underneath him. I'm waiting for a lift now. :cry:
  3. S

Free to first rescue who claims it!

I hope this is allowed in this section. If not, Mods, I'm sorry and please move this to where it should be. Anyhow, HRH Hector was bought a huge supply of Galens Gardens dried leaves for winter supplies to supplement my own dried forage. Having decided last year that he liked a small packet of...
  4. S

I need some vibes for my big man :cry:

I've been away over night for work. When I left Hector didn't seem quite right but nothing I could put my finger on. My mum is with him. I'm on my way home and will be back around 8:30 but she's just phoned me to say he's really flat and his ears are cold. She's given him metacam and is giving...
  5. S

The Great Bunny Bake-off

I know this has been posted before a few years ago but I still love it :love: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sgjS8stfOIU
  6. S

Hector is 5 today!

My beautiful big boy is 5 today. Happy Birthday to my best furry friend. :love:
  7. S

38 feet tall..... PETER RABBIT

Look who I met today, roaming around Cheshire. I hope farmer McGregor doesn't see.... :lol:
  8. S

Fur loss

Hector is moulting. As I sometimes do, when cuddling him, I pull a few tufts out for him. They are obviously loose and he loves it. However, on this occasion, there is very little fur underneath. He has a "hole" in his fur now. Any ideas? There's no sign of mites/dandruff. Sent from my...
  9. S

Help with odd problem - Baggy skin on one front leg

Initially, I thought that Hector was just moulting and he had a matted bit of fur on his front leg which was making it look "bigger" than the other one. So, I attempted a groom. However, it turns out that it is a flap of skin, just on one front leg. I think there may be a lump within it...
  10. S

Happy bunny....

It's a little blurred but I don't often get a photo of his features given he's black. I think he's enjoying this!! Nice rest after a busy morning bouncing on the bed in the spare room, where he shouldn't have been..... :D Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. S

Small pea-sized hard lump on outside edge of upper ear

It's positioned just when the cartilage that holds the ear up ends. It's hard. It's a small pea-size. It doesn't appear to bother him. The vet tried to take a sample but it produced no result. At the moment, we are watching and waiting. It appeared quickly. It doesn't really seem to be...
  12. S

I only sat down to have my lunch....

......and now I can't move. My left foot is apparently a good chin rest..... :lol: (Right foot pictured. Sorry!) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. S

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! This could be any one of our families.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/VSiNfsl8VIRIk/giphy.gif :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  14. S

Felix

Felix was my friend's sister's bunny but I think he deserves a mention. He was 14. Yesterday, he was running about the garden and enjoying his life. He came in, jumped up on his mum's knee and went to his forever sleep. She's devastated but what an amazing bond. Binky free little one. You...
  15. S

Forage ID

I'm trying to get the last forage in. Historically, I've avoided a part of a local field because of a hemlock worry but it is an area with a huge amount of plantain too. I am NOT planning to feed the parsley/hemlock plant but I'd like some ID on it, not least of all to avoid poisoning...
  16. S

Hibiscrub

Well, poor Hector has hurt his foot. I've to keep it clean with hibiscrub solution. Putting it on with cotton wool, leaving for 5 minutes and then washing it off. I've then been told to put a bit of sudacrem on it. Great in theory but he has the world's most ticklish feet.... I've applied the...
  17. S

Forage Help please!

I've been out cutting the hedges today and have salvaged all the foragy clippings! However, most of the local brambles seem to have a sort of white pattern this year. Is this a disease or is it still safe? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. S

A maggot on my kitchen floor

Now I've tried not to panic. Hector seems fine. He is moulting badly but I've riffled through his fur and there's nothing to see. His bum is clean although he has a bit of dry, but urine-stained furry small moulting-clumps (some of which I've been able to cut off) and I've tried to clean his...
  19. S

Dried Ribwort plantain

So, plantain (all varieties) is one of Hector's favourite. I pick lots but I also have some Galen's Gardens Organic Ribwort in for emergencies (usually winter). I've just opened a packet and it smells lovely. However, there are lots of stalks and seed/flower bits. I've always thought you should...
  20. S

Is your bunny a foodie?!

Mine is..... :lol: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back