• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Gothymama

Rabbit rescue & rehome (fb group)

Hi we have started a new group on Facebook called Rabbit Rescue & Rehome, this is purely for rabbits looking for new homes for whatever reason and also for rescue centres to post information & pictures of Rabbits looking for a new home, this applies to all rescue centres in England & Wales, so...
  2. Gothymama

Urgent - Not eating

vegan bunny it sounds to me like it's not a bunny savvy vet, some vets give anti biotics as routine in case its a a bacterial illlness of some sort, ive seen vets just given antibiotics when they dont know what the problem is and they hope it will do something, i think this lady needs to find...
  3. Gothymama

Urgent - Not eating

try and tempt the bunny to eat again by giving him fresh herbs, such as coriander , parsley, basil and even mint,i always buy the growing herbs form the supermarket, often it's herbs that starts them eating again because of the strong aroma x
  4. Gothymama

Urgent - Not eating

hi it sound like this bunny is going into GI Stasis, you need to syringe feed him as soon as possible with recovery food and make sure he drinks water, did the vet give you any gut stimulant to take home and give him?? if not you need to get some simethicone asap (otherwise known as infacol) to...
  5. Gothymama

New to rabbits..lots of questions. PLS HELP!

Hello and a big welcome to the group, you will find lots of useful information on here on a huge variety of subjects. here are my answers to your questions : yes the bunnies need to be shut up in the hutch at night, the reason being is because rabbits are very delicate animals and even though...
  6. Gothymama

Watering Help

g Some rabbits prefer a bowl to the bottle,if you want the bun to get used to a bottle you could put both in his hutch for a while and see if he gets used to the idea of a bottle. The amount of water rabbits drink depends on how much fresh veg or forage they eat as they get a lot of moisture...
  7. Gothymama

Do rabbits need veggies?

You are very welcome,tbh one thing I have found with having bunnies is that I am constantly learning,I don't think it ever stops lol it just makes me mad that pet shops sell rabbits to people thinking they are easy to keep ie:shut up in a cage all day that's far too small,sell peeps a bag of...
  8. Gothymama

Do rabbits need veggies?

Hi the recommended amount of pellets is an egg cup full per day,the manufacturer always says more so u buy more,pellets contain calcium and too much calcium for rabbits is bad,the main part of a rabbits diet is hay or grass,maybe reduce the pellets slowly so bunny doesn't notice too much and it...
  9. Gothymama

Please can someone help - potentially urgent!

I love this website too for all the different types of hay, and found they have ready grass in a bigger pack and much cheeper too, i've got a huge shopping list in my head at the moment from that website as they also do dried herbage and foragey type things much cheeper than PAH, a lot of...
  10. Gothymama

This forum can be NASTY!

I come on here so that i can learn with the benefit of others exp, the forum has been very helpful to me on many issues with bunny care, i am starting out afresh as havent had bunnies for many years (since i was a kid tbh) i have learnt so much by research as well as i so want to get it right, i...
  11. Gothymama

Please can someone help - potentially urgent!

Always keep a few sachets of this in the house, as a scuffle can put them off their food, if you have it in the house you can use it to kick start their eating, it's the same sort of stuff the vet would give you but not at vet prices, i would still recommend t hat if bun isn't showing...
  12. Gothymama

Bespoke bunny mansions

that is lovely,have you any idea how much it would be selling for?
  13. Gothymama

Nearly cried reading this!!

yes i agree with this aswell, pet shops do not educate people before they sell their bunnies and people do not realise just how much care they need, there should be a law brought in that every pet shop selling rabbits should provide adequate information to the people purchasing them about...
  14. Gothymama

Nearly cried reading this!!

that is so sad and a very true poem, have saved it and it will find its way onto my fB x
  15. Gothymama

Advice please - help a gut stasis prone bunny???

thats a good point as i have also moved onto feeding fresh food and pellets in the mornings as previously they were having pellets twice a day which i now know is too much so this has been reduced to once a day and mornings only, any fresh food they have is given in the mornings and every other...
  16. Gothymama

Summer has bitten Heidi :'(

Thank you for posting this as my boys fought badly and kenzo has pulled a lot of gizmos fur out of his back,altho it will grow out gizmo looks like he's been attacked by a swarm of moths,this has given me hope to keep trying, where i have used the run panels in the garden to keep them seperate...
  17. Gothymama

Summer has bitten Heidi :'(

yep i'll definately try again as it would be such a shame to give up on the first attempt, it is amazing how worrying bonding can be for us bunnie owners, i'm no expert either we can only do our best and try and find what works, good luck with the bonding when your on your holiday time and...
  18. Gothymama

Advice please - help a gut stasis prone bunny???

just an update my buns refused to eat the burgess excel sensitive, the pelllets were much larger and pale in colour,they turned their noses up at it :(
  19. Gothymama

help! my rabbit wont eat hay!

thank you for posting the link,had a look at website and it looks good, many thanks :) :) :)
  20. Gothymama

help! my rabbit wont eat hay!

hi they had a few leaves each of the beetroot tops as we bought fresh beetroot, it's not something they will be getting regular, one of my buns can't have the spring greens,cabbage or broccoli as that bun ended up with stasis altho he loved it,he was very poorly and i had to nurse him for 2...
Back