• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Steph_fuzzy239

age limit on female neutering?

Hi everyone thank you for the advice. Given her age do you maybe think it's worth a try bonding her anyway? As that's the main reason for me wanting to go ahead. She quite laid back ie not aggressive just a bit nippy as she hates being handled. And if it really doesn't work look into getting her...
  2. Steph_fuzzy239

age limit on female neutering?

Hi everyone :wave: I wanted to get my female bun coco neutered so i can finally begin bonding her with woody. as silly as it sounds it's always worried me, she's about 8 coming up 9 now (never been 100% on age as she is a rescue) and I know that its a difficult operation on them and didn't want...
  3. Steph_fuzzy239

cutting out pellets. need a low calicum diet

ok thank you :) you've been really helpful!
  4. Steph_fuzzy239

yeah that is pretty much every day. all my buns have the excel pellets, they contain mint and i found this on the internet............ The calcium mg content per 100g of food is shown alongside in brackets: Good Calcium Providers: • • Kale (130) • • Spinach (170) • • Parsley (200) • •...
  5. Steph_fuzzy239

just to quickly say i tried coco with a small piece of celery and she loved it! :) hopefully her tummy does too :thumb:
  6. Steph_fuzzy239

what about cabbage or cauliflower leaves? anyone fed their rabbits peppers?
  7. Steph_fuzzy239

:? i'm no good at this :lol: thank you!
  8. Steph_fuzzy239

Thank you. yeah i feel a bit stumped really, its difficult because you feel you are giving them nice healthy foods and then it all goes a bit wrong! just want to do the best for her :) yes i will do, ill give her a tiny bit of celery and see how she goes. everything else she has had before.
  9. Steph_fuzzy239

hi just spotted this. she usually has a handful of pellets and 1 leaf of spring greens (i suppose they are quite big) and a couple of florets of broccoli and the occasional bit of carrot/apple as a treat. i thiunk you're right she's been having too much really. i do like the idea of the low...
  10. Steph_fuzzy239

Hi guys thank you all for your input. i think what i will do for now is cut out the pellets as my vet has advised. Will also stop giving her spring greens and broccoli but i will introduce some celery into her diet, give her forage foods... the woodlands also so a plantain/clover mix and a...
  11. Steph_fuzzy239

some conflicting views here!!
  12. Steph_fuzzy239

ok that is something that i will look into and disscuss with my vet. what about the natural forage packs that you can by from pets at home? eg the dandelion feast (think its by woodlands) would that be ok? she gets a small handful of redigrass!?
  13. Steph_fuzzy239

oh nuts!!! :( i probs haven't been helping at all!! she bloomin loves em as well.
  14. Steph_fuzzy239

Hi everyone :wave: earlier this week I had a problem with my Rabbit coco having problems with her urine causing her to wee on herself (slight urine scald) and for it to be a bit thicker/smellier then normal. she has been brought inside and is doing better. when i took her to the vets she put...
  15. Steph_fuzzy239

Urine scald!? I feel so guilty :(

hi everyone :wave: coco seems alot better already! last night after being on RU i trimmed alot of the matted fur away and the areas that looked sore before were not as bad as i had once thought..... just bare skin really where she had lost fur. i bathed her in luke warm water with a mild soap...
  16. Steph_fuzzy239

It was a theory that i was also willing to challenge for the comfort of my rabbit. i said to my partner that we would give it a go and if we felt that she was distressed in anyway then we wouldn't continue. I told the vet that she had been great and she felt that it needed to be washed away to...
  17. Steph_fuzzy239

just to point out i only bathed her bum area. my partner held her and i used a soft sponge and luke warm water to rinse her etc.
  18. Steph_fuzzy239

Hi nessar She's not litter trained, i feel that this is the case as she is not spayed. my other 3 rabbits are and they took to the litter tray well. she has one which she wee's in, however she also has the tendancy to wee everywhere else. my plan was to get her spayed at easter, as my partner...
  19. Steph_fuzzy239

can i just ask, did u feel that incas wee smelt differnt when she had a urine infaction. i'm really starting to notice that it smells different to her normal wee now that she is inside!?
  20. Steph_fuzzy239

i know i did think that as i walked away! im hoping that this evening she accidently does a wee on the kitchen floor that i can syringe :roll: thats my only plan so far! I know thank you i think i worry too much. i'm just gald that i can try and help her as best i can and most certainly before...
Back