• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

My bunny died yesterday - next steps

Morning everyone, I’m being pretty dispassionate about this because otherwise I’ll crack. Sherlock died yesterday a month being diagnosed with a heart condition. We are devastated and now I have to think about Navi Rabbit. She’s just under 7, French Lop-ish so pretty big and in seemingly...
  2. C

What a week

Hey everyone, I don’t post here much, I’m one of those gits that typically posts when I need help or advice - sorry about that 😳 It’s been a while. Unusual post for me, no advice or help - just wanted to put this out there to people who will understand! One of my bunnies, Sherlock, spent the...
  3. C

Pets at Home have stopped Fibafirst (or my local has)

And made the 2KG box web exclusive. Fibafirst isn't being discontinued or anything is it? Navi Rabbit has choking episodes with Science Selective as of the last few months so moved her totally onto Fibafirst and she's getting on a treat with it. I hope it's sticking around!
  4. C

Two bunnies, two sore hocks!

Hey everyone, Noticed last night both sherlock and navi have sores on a back leg each Sherlock's is visibly worse and Navi's isn't bad at all, barely noticeable. Anyway. Took them to the vet this morning and vet advised neither infected and: Sherlock; metacam 1ml twice a day and Vaseline...
  5. C

Nail

Guys, Hello! I'm in Dubai and Sherlock Bun has seemingly ripped a nail out / broken it... I think it's come out though. He is eating, drinking, hopping and not bleeding. My very good friend is looking after him til Thursday. Does he need a vet with all the info above? Eating / drinking /...
  6. C

RHD2 and Manchester vets

Hello all, Seems an eternity since I was last here, however just read an article on MSN about this bug. Navi and Sherlock are both due, in fact, overdue their usual vaccine. The article says there is no vaccine available in the UK, suggesting that there is one available, just not there. Quick...
  7. C

Science Selective 4+

Hello! Been ages... Just wondering, in around October/November Sherlock Bun (and Navi Rabbit in February ish) will turn around 4 years old. Should I really move them off usual Science Selective to 4+ or is their current food fine? I give them a stick or two of FibaFirst currently as well with...
  8. C

Bought carrots

Hello! We usually give the bunnies a little bit of carrot every so often as a treat. Yesterday I spotted some "bunched carrots" in Sainsburys that basically have massive green things coming out the top. Carrot leaves are they? Dunno :P Can they eat those too? Ta. Stuart
  9. C

If Science Selective is the "best"...

... What is second best? Our Navi seems to be fed up with it. Posted a while back about it - but then she went back to eating it for around 6 weeks! Last week or so, doesn't like it again. Chews everything from hay to willow balls to hay tunnels and annoyingly the bedroom door, so I still don't...
  10. C

Not the most popular I know, but Pets at Home...

... now seem to stock Science Selective. Dunno if that's old news, but we've been let down with our usual online shop and Pets at Home having it has bailed us out because we can pick some up tonight. Thought it might be useful to know :thumb:
  11. C

Readigrass

Is Readigrass supposed to be unlimited like hay or a treat? Our buns have never had it, but if it's a good idea, I'd like to get them to try it. This one : http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/readigrass.html Thanks!
  12. C

Do bunnies ever just "go off" particular foods?

Hello! Long time since I posted here, sorry it's always in needy circumstances! Just wondering - Navi Rabbit appears to have gone off Science Selective. Immediate thought was "oh no, vet, teeth, panic!" but then I've watched her very closely last two days and she is acting entirely normally...
  13. C

Totes hyper- sensitive but best to check! Budgies...

Hello! Been ages since I/we posted here. Sherlock and Navi send their love! I agreed last week to look after my mum's budgies for around 10 days. I am picking them up in an hour and just had a thought - rabbits are safe around budgies, are they? They'll be in separate rooms and everything...
  14. C

How much basil/parsley etc can they have a day?

My thread title, uh, kinda covers it. :-) They get basil currently a couple of leaves a day, sometimes miss a day. Sometimes they get maybe 4 or 5 leaves a day. Is that enough? I feel like they could probably have more! Not just basil, any kind of herb - what would be appropriate? Thanks Stuart
  15. C

Can bunnies eat...

Mint? I always get them basil and parsley (flat leaf and... uh.. the other one?! Curly?) and they love both... but would like to mix it up for them a little. They've had coriander before and they enjoyed that. Also, I saw a pic of some bunnies on here the other day absolutely loving a...
  16. C

Bunny head bop

Hi All, I just thought I would share our inquisitive bunny, Navi, doing a bit of a head bop this evening :) She's a nosy little girl but so cute Here it is... :wave:
  17. C

Sherlock, Navi and a Christmas tree

Hello! Sherlock and Navi have loved having the tree around. It's a fake tree. I would like to get them a bush! :-) They've loved it so much I'd like to put something where the tree has been for them to play around and hide under etc. Are there any real plants etc you'd recommend? Something...
  18. C

Chaos ... Quiet chaos

After destroying the tunnels, tipping their hay everywhere... Bless!
  19. C

Bunniiiiessss! Cheeky things

They used to eat, exclusively, Pets at Home Timothy hay. About 3.50 per kg. expensive enough, but we can't really do much else (nowhere to store bales in apartment) but fine... We love em. We tried em with posh hay to break the reliance on Pets at Home... Ended up a tad better value as bag was...
Back