• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. sierra*323

Carrier recommendations for single old bun

Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a while but am looking for some recommendations and thought of here. We lost our Tango last year aged 9 and a half, leaving my house bun Finx alone. Tried her with my other pair but the bond didn't go well so for now she is living single inside with us...
  2. sierra*323

Advice please - grieving widowed bun

Hi all, I'm in a rubbish situation and am not sure what to do, so thought I'd come here to ask some advice! Going to be a long one sorry... We lost our gorgeous old man Tango this week, I am heartbroken but it was kindest to let him go. He did well at 9 years [emoji3059] His partner Finx is...
  3. sierra*323

Shade for playhouse

Hi all, Thinking ahead to summer, what do those of you with playhouse set ups do to create shade? Our garden is in full sun at the hottest time of day so I can't just choose a shady spot. I cover the run with white sheets and tarps but have had minimal success trying to shade the playhouse...
  4. sierra*323

Feeling nervous - bunnies with free run!

Wish me luck! I moved Finx and Tango indoors this winter and so far I've shut them in the pen I built them during the night and while I'm at work. I've been very gradually letting them have the living room while I'm out for short periods and so far so good - Finx has history as a...
  5. sierra*323

How to store dried forage?

Hi everyone, a quick question for you: how do you all store your dried forage please? Thanks in advance! Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  6. sierra*323

Using the run as a toilet!

Hi all, Now that Finx and Tango have moved indoors, Doris and Pepper have moved into the playhouse and run. I expected some scent marking but D&P have taken to using the end of the run as a litter tray, although when indoors they happily use the playhouse tray. It's a nightmare to keep on top...
  7. sierra*323

Grinding teeth while relaxing

Hi all. A quick question about grinding teeth - I know it can be a sign of pain or of contentment, but has anyone come across a bun doing this when not being stroked or groomed, but seemingly not in pain? One of my lot has been grinding her teeth while just relaxing with her husbun. She's not...
  8. sierra*323

Indoor house build diary!

Hi all, I love following other people's builds and am currently doing my own DIY project, so thought I'd share even though I'm not around as much as I used to be on here! I'm going to bring my oldest pair of buns in this winter, and after deciding I can't afford a beautiful Manor Pet Housing...
  9. sierra*323

Bringing oldies indoors for winter?

Hi all, It's been a while! Two of my buns are getting on a bit now (8/9 years) and I'm wondering about whether I should build them an indoor home for the winter. They'd have a lot less space during the day indoors, but would be a lot warmer. I suppose my question is can the warmth make up for...
  10. sierra*323

Rabbit over-sensitive to spurs!

Hi there, Just looking for any thoughts or anyone who's experienced similar really! My Tango started needing spurs burred every few months about a year ago maybe, he's had 3 or 4 dentals now (a mystery in itself as he's 8 years old and had never had any trouble before that I know of). He now...
  11. sierra*323

General care/changes in older buns

Hi all, My eldest pair are getting on a bit now and I'm noticing some changes in their behaviour and appetite. Does anyone have any tips for looking after older buns, anything you do differently or any good sites I can read for info? Thanks! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  12. sierra*323

Mouse in rabbit hutch

Hi all, I've been taking care of a family member's rabbit while she's been unwell and have found evidence that he's sharing his hutch with a mouse - a neat pile of his pellets in a spot he can't reach behind the litter tray, and little droppings in and around his food bowl. Bunny has an...
  13. sierra*323

Struggling with frequent dentals

Hi all, I don't post often but hope you don't mind me venting some frustration with like minded people! My rescue bun Tango (1 of 4) needs his teeth burred every 3-4 months and it's getting stressful. He's always been a bit prone to stasis, but is coming up to 7 years old now and has only...
  14. sierra*323

Can they eat heather?

Hello! I've been asked to help my mother-in-law create a low maintenance flower bed. She has a rabbit that often free ranges and would like as low maintenance as possible and preferably evergreen. She has a few rocks lying around her garden and I thought planting Heather between them would be...
  15. sierra*323

UPDATE - response from Supreme. Science selective mature lower in fibre?

Hello, I'd wondered if I should be giving my older buns (7 this year) mature pellets. The write up says the 4+ ones have a number of benefits but the fibre content is 22% (vs 25%). I thought this odd - it seems silly to change to less fibre? Any thoughts appreciated 😊 Sent from my SM-G920F...
  16. sierra*323

Advice please - won't eat pellets, otherwise fine

Hello, For the past few nights Tango has refused his pellets. I have plenty of experience of stasis (unfortunately) and I don't think this is it - he is bright, active, happily eats grass/hay/greens and is passing feaces. He had a dental a few weeks ago so there should be no issues there. I...
  17. sierra*323

Advice re. house move and introducing other animals please!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - it didn't seem specific to health/behaviour/housing! We find ourselves needing to move out of our rental due to a change of circumstances and will be moving in with the in laws temporarily. I have 2 bonded pairs in outdoor set ups and a cat. The in laws...
  18. sierra*323

National pet show?

Hello, I've come across the national pet show and wondered what it's like? Is it for breeders and showing animals or is it aimed more at welfare and care? I'd be interested to hear if anyone's been 😊 Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  19. sierra*323

Run on gravel?

Hi again, Thanks for your help and patience with all my questions - can you tell I'm planning a new project?? Quick and possibly stupid question - apart from the digging out issue, would gravel on the floor of a run cause any problems with sore feet etc? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  20. sierra*323

Help making internal mesh door please?

Hi all, I've seen some playhouses with internal mesh doors around the forum and would like to make one for Finx and Tango, but am struggling to work out where to fix the bolts without having to chisel a chunk out of the existing door. Photos below to explain, does anyone have any close ups of...
Back