• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Bunnies moving house? How to do it?

Hi, my husband & I have a new house that we are gradually moving into over the next week. I'd planned to move the buns in when we actually properly live there (next weekend). I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to move their old shed or invest in a new one... Both for looks (for my husband!!) and...
  2. K

Oh :( they're not happy

I've been waiting for my inks hay delivery to arrive, thinking how much the buns will love fresh hay! Especially as grass isn't really growing and I haven't been home in time to hang out with them or let them free range. When got home and sawdust had arrived I dashed straight out in the rain to...
  3. K

Gale force winds &outdoor buns: I'm worried!

Relevant to anyone with outdoor buns... What are you planning to do Sunday/Monday with this huge storm forecast? I'm down on the south coast &they're saying its going to be as bad as 1987 (I was only a kid then but remember it being pretty huge!) My buns live outside in a shed with two runs...
  4. K

Sheds: replacing doors / rotten wood??

Hi, with the weather warnings stating hurricane strength winds I'm worrying about the improvements that need to be done to my ageing shed!? The shed is pretty old but mostly ok, just the door and somebody's around the door end that are starting to rot / look soggy and are attracting woodlice :(...
  5. K

2 bonded, neutered brothers... starting to bicker?! advice please..

Hi, I have two brother bunnies (dwarf lops) that are both about 3 years old and both neutered. However recently I've started to notice that one is being more dominant than the other.. Pebbles keeps barging Sandy out the way anytime when there's food involved! I thought Sandy was getting a bit...
  6. K

vegetable plot rabbit snacks?!! sweetcorn / beans??

Hi, my veg patch is just starting to die down so I was wondering what leftover greenery might serve as bunny dinner. Can bunnies eat sweetcorn plants / leaves / stalks? Also broad / runner bean stalks and leaves? and butternut squash greenery? or courgette greenery??! I hope someone...
  7. K

Shade loving plants = safe for buns??

Hi, I'm trying to convert my garden into a rabbit safe one! So I'm gradually trying to get rid of toxic plants and plant ones that are safe if the boys do decide to have a nibble. The plants don't have to be bunny dinner, just not poisonous for them. In fact, it'd be good if some of them weren't...
  8. K

Mallow plants?? edible?

Hi, I've read somewhere that mallow plants are edible for bunnies. I was just wondering whether this means they are safe if the buns happen to have a nibble or whether they can be a plant to grow in the garden to actually feed to buns as a variation in their diet?! I looked up mallow and it...
  9. K

hay poo vs grass poo!?

Now that the weather is better and I'm out and about in the garden my bunnies get alot more time out free range on the lawn which they love! :) However I've noticed how much their poo changes.. When they munched a batch of yummy newly bought hay and have sat about in the shed they have the large...
  10. K

Strings of poo?!!

Hi, earlier in the week I posted this about my rabbit being ill and not eating: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?389522-HELP!-Not-moving-eating-!!/page3 Could this have been caused by strings of poo inside his tummy? As I have just cleared up where the run has been and found...
  11. K

HELP!? Not moving / eating?!!

Just gone out to feed the buns and couldn't find Sandy. Eventually found him sitting inside the hutch looking as if he was asleep... Can't tempt him to come out and he's not interested in any food :( even though its dinner time and he's usually starving and hopping round like mad. Do I need to...
  12. K

Marguerite and Campanula.. Safe for buns or not?

Hi, I've just bought a Marguerite plant and a Campanula plant from the garden centre. I'm wondering if they are bunny safe or not?! I've hunted online but can't seem to find an answer. I don't want them to be bunny food, just want them to be safe if I let the buns out and they accidently take a...
  13. K

bunnies and garden lawns?!

Hi, just wondering if any of you clever bunny or garden experts can help me.... It seems that since I've been moving the large bunny run around one area of the garden (over the last three years) the lawn in that area has become increasingly uneven and lumpy. Is this just a conincidence!? They...
  14. K

Rabbit friendly garden plants?

Hi, I know there's a few threads about rabbit safe plants anyway but I did a search& there was nothing recent. . Is getting to the time of year where we start to think about the garden. I really want to get mine rabbit safe this year so I can let them have some free ranging time. I'm looking...
  15. K

wee!!? query??

Hi, I've been away for two nights and when I got back my friend who was bunny sitting pointed out a small patch of sticky orangey goo in the buns shed. I'm assuming it's wee that didn't make it to the litter tray (there was also tons of hay on the floor so they prob thought they could wee...
  16. K

Sneezing bunny!?

One of my boys starting sneezing when I went out there today. I think I'd woken them up coz they were all huddled and cosy, then he sneezed 3 or 4 times. Stayed out there cleaning them out and stuff and didn't hear anymore sneezing, and he seemed happy enough... ran outside into run, eating...
  17. K

Outdoor bunny fencing / garden

Anyone have any good ideas for temporary bunny fencing in gardens? Now that its wintermy grass is growing too slowly and the places that I can put the run aren't getting enough new grass. I want to have a temporary fence that I can move around the garden to section off safe parts for the...
  18. K

safe autumn plants??

Hi, greenery is starting to run out in my garden and the grass isn't growing fast enough for my greedy buns! What sort of autumn greenery can I feed them? I know I need to go foraging for some bramble and hawthorn leaves but what else can they have? Also, my veg patch is now finished for the...
  19. K

Stringy poo - ongoing!!!

Hi, I have searched and read several posts on this but just wondered what the majority of people do... Pebbles (well I thinkit's him?!) keeps do long strings of poops, look like they'd be really painful!!! I've read that this is likely to be because of his own fluff!! Like hairballs? They both...
  20. K

Free range buns and garden plants?!!

Heya, I'm hoping there's some garden experts out there who can help! I really need to start working on my garden and filling my empty beds with plants and shrubs that are safe to buns... There will be a few that are planted FOR the bunnies, but I just want to create a nicer looking garden that...
Back