• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Rabbits are at risk of dying out

:shock: Well I never knew this! Some rabbits are on the endangered species list! https://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/features/rabbits-at-risk-some-species-are-among-the-most-endangered-mammals-on-the-p?fbclid=IwAR1Qtr-qNC6NjwYr0A6u8Chp1J65dFkJcEI9cfkFjp-_XThVlQ94EShCNbU
  2. A

Company dying rabbits for Easter photo shoot

It's called Abundant Moments Photography and it advertises on Facebook. Not sure if it advertises anywhere else though, but it's adverts shows dyed rabbits, chicks, and ducks to be used with babies and toddlers in time for Easter. Not sure what dye they use but frankly, that's irrelevant...
  3. A

Recovery dose

You'd think I should know this by now, but still. Been to the vet as Thumper isn't well. She's had metacam this morning, I declined vetergesic as she wasn't well on it last time - off her face for about 10hrs! - so all the vet could really do was give emipred as she said that all of their...
  4. A

URGENT - myxi in wild rabbit

Daughter's found a rabbit with myxi, picked it up in her coat and took it to the vet, it's now PTS. We have rabbits. They had their combi myxi/RHD on 21st September. What now? What do I do? It has to be reported, I know, how? And what happens to Niamh's clothes when she comes in? And...
  5. A

I blame you, Jane!

Completely and utterly your fault :lol: Coco's unwell! She was under the weather on Tuesday, gave her Meloxaid, or whatever it is, she bounced back :thumb:. She was absolutely fine this morning, making a nest in the hay :love:, shot out of the shed like a bullet when I rattled the treat box...
  6. A

I give in.

Just been shopping (to Tesco, Matalan, and Pets at Home). Had a really enjoyable shopping trip in fact. Got home to almost run over a darned cat on the drive, I did recognise it but it's not a local one - don't know who owns the dratted thing but it's been around before. Whilst my bacon was...
  7. A

Thumper, again!

Thumper wasn't herself this morning, usual story of not eating, lethargic, stomach to the floor. Gave her pain relief, no effect 2 hours later so off to the vet we go. Opiate pain relief, gut stimulant, and subcutaneous fluids administered at the vet. Was warned that the opiate pain relief...
  8. A

Happy 7th birthday to ...

Coco and Thumper! :love: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216253156864506&set=pcb.10216253158864556&type=3&theater Yaay, the link works (I think!).
  9. A

Coco

After having a decent few months of healthy bunnies, it appears that Coco may have bladder stones :(. She had blood in her wee in November, but after a course of Baytril and Metacam, it seemed to clear. She was quite sore looking around her genitals but was alright in herself, no excess...
  10. A

Eravac vaccine

Right, wish me luck! Coco and Thumper had their RHDV2 vaccines this morning. They had Filavac last year and whereas Coco was fine with it, Thumper was really quite poorly after a few hours but luckily pulled through (no vet needed although we were on the verge of taking her to the emergency...
  11. A

Coco's bleeding from her bottom U/D POST 18 GOOD NEWS!

Whilst cleaning out the shed this morning, and tidying the litter tray areas (note the plural!) I saw a patch of very fresh blood. I thought one of the buns had pulled a claw somehow, but no claw was present. There wasn't much blood and what was there looked a little smudged anyway as where it...
  12. A

So, Thumper had another bout of stasis ...

... today but luckily this time bucked up and became a changed bunny actually whilst at the vet and began eating the handful of hay I'd chucked into the carrier, yaay! Anyway, my question is I'm supposed to be giving her 2 lots of oral meds at midnight tonight, one's emipred and I can't...
  13. A

Bit nervous for tomorrow.

Thumper wasn't well last week as you know, ending up at the emergency vets overnight. She recovered but took her time about it - as did Coco - they were tired for a couple of days as of course they'd both had a very disturbed and traumatic night with Thumper being repeatedly taken away for...
  14. A

Thumper's not very well today

but we've caught it early so finger's crossed. Gave her some pain relief this morning and left it an hour before taking her to the vet, who administered further meds via injection. Got home, was instructed to give half a syringe of Recovery every 2 hours starting as soon as we got home. I...
  15. A

Prince

My lovely Betta Splenden, Prince, passed away today :cry: He was an old man, he was almost 2 years of age so he's done really well, but he was tired and to be honest I was thinking about euthanasing him myself as I could tell he wasn't happy and was struggling, but he fell asleep today :cry...
  16. A

Snowy

I'm very sad to say that when I uncovered Snowy this morning I found he'd passed away overnight :cry:. After I'd covered his cage last night I could still hear him moving around while I was watching TV and he sounded okay, but evidently something happened in the night which took him to Rainbow...
  17. A

Coco and Thumper ...

... are 6 years old today :love: SIX!! Can't believe we've had them for that long! Hoppy birthday, girlies! They've had extra treats today and will get nose rubs later on. They would have had fuss earlier but given it was binning it down this morning they didn't budge out of the run! :lol:
  18. A

Natural cat deterrent ideas please

Before this thread even gets off the ground please note that I don't want it turning into a cat-bashing thread. It is to remain kind and considerate, okay? The cat is not a threat to my rabbits, I just want it out of the garden for reasons I am about to explain. Right, now that's out of the...
  19. A

I could cry, am fuming U/D post 8 - they're fine!!

We have taken so much care with the rabbits this weekend because of Bonfire Night, bringing them indoors Friday, Saturday and last night. And now the neighbours are having something done with their central heating, the plumbers are using a drill, on the jack-hammer mode or whatever, literally...
  20. A

Now it's Coco's turn.

:cry: Exactly a week to the day after Thumper was unwell. I give up :(. Luckily she doesn't seem quite as bad as Thumper was (if you recall I said it looked like Thumper just wanted to pass, but Coco doesn't). Coco is nibbling on hay, has had some output. She's had Recovery, and Fibre Plex...
Back