• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. binkybunnyox

Low blood glucose/insulinoma

Hey guys :) Feel like the only times I come on here is when I am needing help :( The vet now thinks our little Ari has an insulinoma ? Has anyone heard of this ? I think it's pretty rare. She's not been right for a while, I mentioned to the vet that does her acupuncture that I thought her...
  2. binkybunnyox

Think it's about time....

I introduced our bunnies :D I've been on here for a few years now & don't think I ever have :o The origibun pepper, the monster, my rock. I still miss her very much. Binky free pepperboo xxx Dora. We didn't get the chance to know her very well :( I'm sorry little mite. Binky free xx...
  3. binkybunnyox

Heart problems

Trebor was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy in September. We took him in as he was scuffing his toes ? & the vet picked up a grade 5 heart murmur :( he had ecg and scans and was put on fortekor and vetmedin. I'm not sure if I'm just been paranoid due to losing Dora so suddenly but his...
  4. binkybunnyox

Not eating

Hey it's been a while since I've been on here, not since we lost pepper in 2015. We lost another bunny (Dora) today. I can't help but think its all my fault. This post probably is not in the right place as there is no helping her now as she is sadly gone... Anyway, Dora had stopped eating...
  5. binkybunnyox

Starving rabbit...

Hi, I've not really been on since losing my beautiful girly pepper. But once again am hoping you amazing guys can help me out :D We recently adopted a bonded pair of neutered girls in October. When we picked them up one had a runny eye, they had been to the vets with the bunny & had been...
  6. binkybunnyox

Username..?

Can you change your username ? & if so how do I do this ? Thanks :)
  7. binkybunnyox

Bereavement..what to do :(:(

We recently lost our beautiful little monster pepper, we are all devastated that she is no longer with us. Her partner Trebor has always been quite a shy bunny, since losing pepper he has become quite withdrawn, he sits under the bed all day & all night (pepper used to nap under there) I think...
  8. binkybunnyox

Pepper...my soldier..28/3/2008-2/9/15

Pepper. Bubs. Monster. My little floppy loppy wabbit. Words can not even begin to describe how much I miss you, you were my everything, my rock. I will never get used to life without you. I still talk about you everyday. You amaze me. Your fight for life through everything you had been...
  9. binkybunnyox

Bullied rabbit?

Was wondering if any you lovely ru members had any input/advice. I have had pepper for 7 years. A couple of years ago we managed to find her a husbun who we adopted from a rescue, pepper has always been the boss & is quite a dominant rabbit. She has a bit of an attitude problem tbh Pepper &...
  10. binkybunnyox

Eye removal ? Advice needed.

Hi Basically I'm wondering if anyone had experience of eye removal in an elderly bun ? I have 2 options which are remove peppers eye or pts 😫 I'm reluctant to do either as she is still her normal self, I understand that clinically this is our options but she so happy (currently snuggling with...
  11. binkybunnyox

Glaucoma....

My bunny was diagnosed with glaucoma in January. I had initially been taking her to the vet for funny breathing since octoberish but the vets could never hear it/she never done it in the vets, when we were leaving I noticed her left eye was bulging so asked him to check this. He thought it was a...
  12. binkybunnyox

weird breathing/bulging eye...

pepper has had funny breathing for a little while, it sounds kinda wheezy. She was initially been treated for a upper respiratory infection with baytril, with little improvement in her breathing. Her breathing got worse & sometimes it sounded as if I had a little piggie in the house instead of...
  13. binkybunnyox

Rabbit savvy vet in lanarkshire area ?

Hi all, we are looking for a new vet due to our usual vet leaving the vet practice we attend. I am not happy with the treatment my rabbit has been receiving recently & was hoping someone on here could recommend a rabbit savvy vet in the Lanarkshire area .
  14. binkybunnyox

Noisy Breathing....

Hi all :wave: I have been having issues with pepper...again ! She seems to have started weird breathing ? It sounds as though she has a cold ?! Im quite worried about her, she sometimes sneezes a lot aswell. We did take her to the vet who couldn't hear anything ! as she doesn't do it when we...
  15. binkybunnyox

sore leg...advice needed

Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help... At the end of December my rabbit started holding her leg funny, kinda out to the side a bit and stretched out (sort of like when they are cleaning their foot ? If you get what I mean) I obviously took her to the vets and they started her on metacam...
  16. binkybunnyox

squealing bunny....

Hi :) I recently adopted a white cross to try bond with pepper. He is a sweet little man and very friendly. So far i've been using a playpen in the garden to bond, if its raining etc we use the kitchen as this is neuteral. When we first brought him home they mainly ignored eachother. Pepper has...
  17. binkybunnyox

Horace :)

This pic always makes me smile ! :lol:
  18. binkybunnyox

thinking of easter...

hi :wave: have been thinking of easter, & have decided to do a bunny noticeboard for the practice i work in. I have downloaded some posters from the RWAF's a hutch is not enough. & some make mine chocolate posters :D was wondering if you lovely people would mind lending a hand with pics of...
  19. binkybunnyox

abscess....

My lil bunny pepper has recently had a lateral wall resection done on her ear due to an abscess, the abscess had initially appeared as a small lump at the base of her ear, after lancing and cleaning this, i did 3x daily flushings at home, plus she was getting baytril and metacam, she was prev...
  20. binkybunnyox

baytril....

tricks for getting bunnies to take baytril without a fight...:lol:
Back