• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. SamanthaJane

Bugs in pellets

I only have two as well. It's just the only size bag the pellets come in. I have just ordered another bag, and they are usually fairly quick with delivery, so I expect Tuesday hopefully. I'll just give them extra hay and veg until then. And try not to make eye contact with them as they sit at...
  2. SamanthaJane

Hello from me and Binky!

Hi!! Great bunny name! :-) I am sure your Binky will bring you as much joy as mine has to me. :-)
  3. SamanthaJane

Bugs in pellets

So just noticed today that there are little bugs in the rabbits pellets, weevils perhaps? I buy in 20kg sacks from Allen and Page and never had this problem before. It is the end of the sack (we kept it decanted into a plastic box, which, now I think about it, had hay in it previously, so that...
  4. SamanthaJane

So - this bond has failed - what shall I do? New rabbit?

Thanks @MightMax - Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm not sure who to move outside... Binky is the more interactive with us. Bailey is pretty aloof. But I think Binky would enjoy a friend more? I know - I don't know how I can know such a thing?!
  5. SamanthaJane

Ryedale Hutches / Welfare Hutches?

Thank you - as much as I love the Ryedale one, and it does look to be brilliant quality, I just can't afford it. The ones at Welfare hutches look okay... does anyone know with the 7ft hutch and run, if the hutch is on top of the run? Their wording is a little contradictory to the photo?
  6. SamanthaJane

http://www.rehutches.com/double-hutches/28-6-foot-double-deluxe-rabbit-hutch.html Has anyone ever bought from here? They are REALLY expensive, but the quality does look to be fantastic - the reviews are good too.
  7. SamanthaJane

It's reassuring to know it's not just mine!
  8. SamanthaJane

So following on from here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?458778-So-this-bond-has-failed-what-shall-I-do-New-rabbit I need to buy a hutch. A playhouse just won't fit unfortunately, well I don't think it would, unless there are any smaller sizes, but I want the biggest and...
  9. SamanthaJane

Well I work full time and am also studying for a degree in my spare time, so yeah, I get tired of the constant mess. No, they were with a friend, about 40 minutes away, so not really fair to ask them. Thanks anyway - I just don't know what to do. I can't give one of them up, I just couldn't...
  10. SamanthaJane

They just spent two weeks in a friends aviary whilst we were on holiday - separated by just a mesh fence - that's why I hoped it would work after that - they could see and smell each other. One even got into the others enclosure for a day (they found her in there when they got back). But I'm...
  11. SamanthaJane

Just a 9 p.m. bump if anyone has more advice. Thanks
  12. SamanthaJane

It was nearly 2 years ago now (I know, it's been way too long getting them rebounded :-( ) - Bailey was pretty poorly, and it just threw out their hierarchy - Binky started trying to take charge but Bailey wasn't having it etc. Looking back, we should have tried to throw them in the car...
  13. SamanthaJane

Thanks guys @*lily* @tlcwrites - I asked and asked for a rescue to help bonding them before, I would have paid above the asking, but no one would do it. Binky now has a big cut on her nose, Bailey has another scar on her ear...I would love for them to be rebounded but they aren't even...
  14. SamanthaJane

My girls bond broke down a while ago - and we've tried to rebond them. It's not working - I've had to admit defeat. They just won't stop fighting. (Both are spayed). They are 5 years old and house rabbits. Currently one is in the kitchen, the other in the sitting room. This can't continue. My...
  15. SamanthaJane

Going to have to bond them ourselves - please advise

No we bailed about half past 12. It was going really well but perhaps starting at 8.30pm wasn't a great idea as well we were both falling asleep! So started over about 90 minutes ago. Binky is lying down now too. If show a photo but can't remember how. I know we need to let them 'interact' so...
  16. SamanthaJane

So they are ignoring each other. Barely been near each other though which I'm not sure is a good thing. Bailey is lying down. Seems completely at ease. Binky is a little more stressed although they have both been grooming themselves etc. No fights yet but I think I've tried to head them off too...
  17. SamanthaJane

How much fighting is too much? That's what I'm worried about
  18. SamanthaJane

Thanks @tonibun - I'm so stressed about this. What if they don't bond? Do you think a small room would be preferable over a small cage then?
  19. SamanthaJane

So currently our two, spayed, girls who were previously bonded, live in two separate rooms, but have free range of those rooms. One in the kitchen, one in the sitting room. Today is the day - Binky has chewed the corners on my new sofa and I just have got to get them bonded. I'm tired of having...
  20. SamanthaJane

Really need someone to bond my girls - Manchester/Derbyshire/Cheshire area

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'll look into those @roxyroller88 I just don't know what to do with them. I've tried the small, clean area technique and sitting in there with them. But they just went for one another. I guess that's to be expected? What do I do when that happens then?
Back