• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Getting a new bunny

Yes, that's correct. I understand that the bonding process may not work which is why I am getting them from a rescue who will take him back if it doesn't work out. Hopefully all will be well but I will chat with the home checker about what they think is best.
  2. K

Getting a new bunny

Yes, they have quite a few in! There was a large rabbit named Fern who was very friendly but I'd worry we wouldn't have the space for her. They were all out in their runs at the weekend, which was lovely for them. I believe they had a rabbit open day last weekend so hopefully a lot of the...
  3. K

Getting a new bunny

We visited Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary today and have booked a home visit for an adorable young buck named Falkor. We have two middle aged buns currently who have recently moved into a shed and aviary setup. They have half the shed at the moment, so I was thinking that we could clear out the...
  4. K

Mesh Size

Thanks for the replies. We've actually found some aviary panels on Gumtree and we're going to have a look at them later today. They have 19g weld mesh on some and 16g on the other so fingers crossed they are in good condition. There enough to make a 9ft by 9ft aviary or a 12ft by 6ft I think...
  5. K

Mesh Size

Hi, we're currently in the process of moving our rabbits from their pen in the garage to a shed and run combo. My husband had pretty much finished the shed and we're now thinking about materials for the run. He has come across a builders merchant that has some panels of mesh that are 6ft by...
  6. K

DIY Rabbit Base

Thanks, I'll look into the lino thing, or maybe just search ebay/freecycle for old rugs? We are just going to be looking after a mummy rabbit and 2 babies for a week or so, so I'll see how they get on with the skirting boards. I have a couple of the willow balls from when we looked after my...
  7. K

DIY Rabbit Base

Haha, it's a divan bed so they wouldn't be able to get under it unfortunately. I was only worried about the space left after the bed was in there, it's not a massive room! Anyway, I convinced hubby that we needed to remove the bed, so this has been moved out along with more or less everything...
  8. K

DIY Rabbit Base

Thanks for the reply - That sounds really interesting! What sort of doors did you use? How big is the overall space?
  9. K

DIY Rabbit Base

They will have the run of the porch (very large!) and the living room when we are in so that they can be supervised, it's just something for them to call home and for when we are out of the house. We could probably leave them in the porch when we are out but I would be worried that they would...
  10. K

DIY Rabbit Base

Hello, I joined this forum over a year ago when I had first planned on getting rabbits. My husband was originally going to build me a hutch, however he built half of it and then never got round to finishing it! We have recently moved house (well, 6 months ago!) and now do not have the same...
  11. K

Mesh Cubes

Hi all, not been on here in a while as I've had to put my bunny plans on hold for a few months. I've just nipped on to let you all know I saw some of the Mesh cubes for indoor set ups in my local Aldi, £14.99 for 6 cubes. Not sure if that is a good price, but considering people were struggling...
  12. K

Bargain hutch Essex

I was doing some ebay browsing and found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6ft-Rabbit-guinea-pig-Hutch-and-Run-Combo-/330534079774?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item4cf55dcd1e It's got less than a day left and only 1 bid so could go for a low price. It's only been used for 2 months too!
  13. K

The Lodge - renovation in pictures

:shock::shock: It's HUGE! I'm so glad you got there first, my OH would have killed me if I sent him to pick it up and he saw the size of it!!! It's going to be so amazing when its done though, just think of what a fantastic house your buns are going to have. They'll think they've won the...
  14. K

advice on muesli for rabbits.

I'm so sorry about Zak - you were doing the right thing by taking him back to the vets. It's just so unfortunate you didn't make it.
  15. K

advice on muesli for rabbits.

This is very sad for you but especially your bun. Although you may not be "clued up" you didn't have to be in this instance because people have told you what you need to do. These people ARE clued up and are telling you to get your rabbit to a vet. If you aren't willing to listen then your...
  16. K

Hay rack

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-Wall-Hanging-Basket-c-w-Juna-fibre-Liner-Bargain-/290523459428?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Pots_Window_Boxes_CV&hash=item43a48c2f64#ht_500wt_922 Not sure if the powder coated ones are ok, but this looks great to me! Also just seen wilkinsons have them online for...
  17. K

Hay rack

The range do them for £3.99. http://www.therange.co.uk/invt/191012/ Sorry just realised this isn't what you're looking for! Trust me not to read a thread properly.
  18. K

I can't believe it!

Haha, really pleased for you but also sooo gutted. I saw this too and emailed the owner but they didn't get back to me so I assumed it had gone! I do feel much better knowing it has gone to another bun owner though. You must be near me then, where abouts are you?
  19. K

Again more housing questions!

That's amazing, I'd love to be able to put a tube through to an outside run, but with us being in rented it's just not possible. :( I'm so excited about this because it's something I can sort out in a weekend or two so can look at bringing some buns home even sooner! To make them feel like...
  20. K

Again more housing questions!

I'm still trying to find the best solution for us for housing. I have spoken to my OH about a shed and although he thinks its a great idea, he also said that because we will probably be moving some point this year it doesn't make sense to do this yet. So I am now thinking about our huge garage...
Back