• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Is Panacur safe for an elderly & frail rabbit?

Milly's elderly, thin and quite frail and is exhibiting signs of possible E.C. Is Panacur safe for her and should I also treat her husbun Robin? It's been many years since I've 'done' E.C. and am uncertain of the current philosophy regarding treating partners. I'd appreciate some guidance as...
  2. B

Rudy, U/D ...the end...

I'm so sorry. x
  3. B

Available Rescue: Single neutered Males looking for Homes LEICS

You always have stunning bunnies Jill, but I confess to a particular fondness for Sandpiper too! Coast is very handsome, I love his colouring.
  4. B

Vibes for Milo? EMERGENCY VETS

I agree with Jane. Elderly people can become very confused when they have a urinary infection and say very odd things and/or get stroppy. It may be worth checking this out. I'm sorry things are so hard for you. You're having a really tough time. Hopefully Milo will feel much better very soon. x
  5. B

Eye issues - cataract & thymoma-like white of eye shows when eating

The head and jaw x-rays were taken whilst Milly was under for her dental, but she was very bright when I picked her up approx 2 hours after leaving her for her dental so she had a low dose of anesthesia. On Friday the chest and abdomen x-rays were taken while she was conscious. I don't think EC...
  6. B

Could do. There's no head tilt or any other sign of EC so I don't think it is EC related. My other bunny is struggling with stasis so I'd struggle to get him on EC meds at this time. Do you think they should have a course of EC meds and test Milly? Milly is being funny with food too and she's on...
  7. B

A bit like the eye on the right but not protruding. I don't think she can see out of her right eye very well/at all. It occurred to me that the third eyelid and white of eye may be a stress response to her loss of sight. But the white at the corner of her eye when she eats really scares me.
  8. B

Vibes for Milo? EMERGENCY VETS

Thinking of you, Milo and Finn. I've a bun with stasis at the moment - we're three days in now, and it's incredibly hard, exhausting and scary. I really hope Milo feels much better soon. xox
  9. B

Can anyone please help? Apologies for the length. On Tuesday evening I noticed that the third eyelid had become visible in both of Milly's eyes. (a dwarf lop unknown age but 6+). I've never seen it before and as Milly is a dental bunny I live in fear of her teeth's roots growing into her head. I...
  10. B

Do rabbits get acid reflux?

Rupert was helped to the bridge yesterday lunchtime, in my arms, on his beloved pillow, with wife Milly nearby in their bedroom. It was very peaceful. The painkilling injection at the vets had calmed his breathing and when he refused his meds and critical care on Friday night, I knew that...
  11. B

Thank you all for your support, it means such alot. The trip to the vets was as frustrating as always. Vet insisted Rupert has no fluid in his chest and that his mouth is fine. Refused to give me cortisone as 'illegal to do so' apparently. Rupert hates his tummy being touched and so the vet...
  12. B

Thank you. I'm dreading it. I'm scared it will be bad as this isn't something I expected to face. I'm also scared as my vets are lousy and have really let us down. There's nowhere else we can get to apart from two even worse places. I'm feeling very low, helpless, useless, angry, devastated...
  13. B

Thank you Jane. I wondered about Zantac but I'm also prepared for this being a turning point. We've an appointment this morning. Our vet was off yesterday so I felt it better to wait until today and have syringe fed Oxbows critical care. This is really a terrible situation. I've never felt so...
  14. B

Rupert has a thynoma. For a while I've noticed him swallowing and grimacing a bit. I suspect fluid in his mouth. I've mentioned it to my vet but he's not taken it on board. Now Rupert's got very funny about eating, it's like he can't chew properly. Unless it is teeth (which have been checked)...
  15. B

Rupert's thymoma-another bad night

Thank you both so much.
  16. B

Jane, thank you. Rupert is just like Eddie when he eats. He's on 1.35ml frusemide twice daily-the liquid. Also 2 cortisone tablets twice daily. Prednisolone 1mg. Tried Baytril too as he sneezes a lot and it was clear fluid coming from his nose but Rupert was so distressed by it I got it swapped...
  17. B

Are these 'episodes' 'normal' then? I have no idea what to expect. I hand feed him his veggies and treats but he won't have pellets from anything other than his dish. I know it's better to have him upright but worried about doing that when his breathing is so bad in case it distresses him more...
  18. B

My big gorgeous giant Rupert has a thymoma. He's on cortisone and furosimide twice a day plus he's had a weeks course of Septrim once a day. His eyes get very bulgy when he eats and he has rapid breathing with shaking. He tires easily and spends a lot of time lying on his pillow. He sneezes...
Back