• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Beau Belle

Need help with ingredients please...

Hello, My little Pepper has had a lot of issues with leaking and she had a bladder flush just before Christmas as I saw sludge. She seems uncomfortable again today, and I have booked a Vet appointment for Monday. In the meantime, I’m looking into calcium-content of what she’s eating. She loves...
  2. Beau Belle

Blood in Urine? *Potentially upsetting*

Hello, Our beautiful Teddy had to be PTS today and I’m trying to make sense of it all. I’m thinking that someone may have some answers as the situation was brand new for me... Teddy was a rescue so I don’t know his exact age - we recently celebrated his “5th” birthday but that’s is a...
  3. Beau Belle

Teddy - Our Beautiful Baby Boy

Dear Teddy I can’t believe that I’m writing this. I can’t believe that I will never stroke your head or brush your furry bum ever again. I don’t know what happened. It was so quick. I’m in shock, I think. I don’t know what to do with myself, so I will tell you the story of You. Daddy saw an...
  4. Beau Belle

Bladder Flushed Today

Hello, I’m wondering a bit about your experiences with bladder flushing and recuperation afterwards. My little Pepper had her bladder flushed today and despite having had bunnies for many years, it was the first time (thankfully) so I’m unsure of what to expect. Pepper has had recurrent...
  5. Beau Belle

Are EC spores airborne?

Hello All, I’m slightly (a lot) anxious and am hoping for advice and/or reassurance: I just took Pepper and Bertie to the vets as Pepper had a check-up booked in. As we were waiting in reception to pay, a very distressed woman carrying a cardboard box turned up. The receptionist took the box...
  6. Beau Belle

Cone:ing It

So the vet had just put a cone on my little Pepper Bun (we suspect she’s over-grooming her lady area) and I’ve never had to deal with that before. Can they still eat with that on? He wants her to have it on for a week (I can’t see that happening) and I’m worried she won’t be able to eat or...
  7. Beau Belle

Bottled water?

My little Pepper has been having recurring bladder issues and has been on several courses of antibiotics since the end of last year. The Vet asked me to restrict high-calcium veg, which I did (that helped) and thankfully there doesn’t appear to be any sludge. I have just seen her lift her bum...
  8. Beau Belle

Urine sample - clever bunny

Hello, My little Pepper needs to have her pee tested and it’s proving to be trickier than expected. 1. I had her in the carrier for over 2 hours, but no pee. Offered a bowl of water, but she only got angry and tried to move it. Tried a bottle instead, but no interest. 2. I put clingfilm in...
  9. Beau Belle

Tummy ache

My poor little Teddy has got tummy ache again, and gets it every time daddy works night shift :( It’s been going on for a long time and I don’t know how to make it better. He sleeps in the bedroom where it smells if daddy, I’m there so he’s not alone, we use one of those pet plug-in things...
  10. Beau Belle

Panacur - possible side effects?

Hello RU, I’m a little worried about my Pepper Bun. I’m currently worming the buns with Panacur and I have just noticed that Pepper seems to be “leaking” again (she was treated for a UTI before Christmas). I picked her up and she leaked a bit of wee, and she smelled of urine. There is no...
  11. Beau Belle

Bun hates medicine :(

So my little Bertie is poorly and has been given Emeprid, Ranitidine and Baytril. None of my buns have ever been keen on taking medicine, but BertBert won’t swallow Emeprid in particular and just lets it dribble out :( It’s stressful trying to get it into him, and he gets very stressed too...
  12. Beau Belle

Bunny Diet

So, a couple of my buns are a bit porky and this has been picked up by the vets (“no heavier than this”). Pepper - she’s been bonding with Bertie who lost his sister in August. He went through deep grieving and lost his appetite (and lost weight). To encourage him, we offered pretty much free...
  13. Beau Belle

Pet Remedy?

Do you use it? Does it work? My Teddy gets *very* stressed when OH works night shift and has a poorly tummy every single time. (No problem with day shifts) I don’t know how to help him so thinking this might be good? What do you think?
  14. Beau Belle

Eyedrops

Hello, I’ve forgotten what kind of eye drops I can use on my buns - does anyone know which one is safe? Thank you xx
  15. Beau Belle

Not keen on hay

Hello Lovely People I’m a bit worried about my Teddy Bun, but I could be over-reacting so your input would be greatly appreciated. He’s gone off hay in the last couple of days, which isn’t good. He’s a rescue and when we got him, we suspected straight away that previous owners hadn’t fed him...
  16. Beau Belle

Peeing all over the floor...

I’m having troubles with my naughty littlest bun, Pepper. Having gotten her as a companion for single male Teddy about a year ago, Teddy decided he didn’t want anything to do with the cheeky mare and shunned her (which is odd, because he loooves everybody else, humans and buns!). We were...
  17. Beau Belle

Ranatidine and Emeprid - Help!

Hello, I’m hoping to catch the attention of someone who knows about medicines. The Vet gave me Baytril, Ranatidine and Emeprid for Bertie, and reading up on what each does, it seems Ranatidine and Emeprid do the same thing? Have I misunderstood? Am I going mad? Is is common to give both at...
  18. Beau Belle

Eating Only Greens

Hello All I’m looking for advice regarding my little Bertie. He lost his sister Bella at the beginning of August and whilst his grief was deep, he has done so much better than we dared hope for (we’ve paired him with our solo bun Pepper, which really helped him). He perked up and seemed to...
  19. Beau Belle

How to Help Grieving Bun

My little Bertie is very low and I’m very worried. He hasn’t eaten his food overnight and whilst he’s peeing, I haven’t seen him drink. He’s not interested in treats (unheard of!) and just ignored a plate of pear & apple pieces. He just wants to lie and be stroked. I don’t know how to help...
  20. Beau Belle

Dear Bella

I’m so sorry, darling girl. I wish I was with you when it happened. I wish I could have given you one last nose rub, one last bum rub, I wish I could have held you and kept you safe. You and beautiful Bertie came into my life at a hard, hard time. You were only little, and I would sit and...
Back