• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

Pasteurella bunnies.....what works for yours?

My 8 year old girls both seem to have Pasteurella. Lola really does not get bothered by it often, just very rarely watery eyes, but Cookie has had bad flare ups on and off for 2 years now. She is just having the worst moult of her life (brilliant as I am allergic to her!) and I am certain this...
  2. N

Stalky hay recommendations please

Does anyone know of any brands of hay that are available online that are currently really hard and stalky? We use TimothyHay.Co.Uk but the new batch is much softer (I know its not their fault, we are at the mercy of the weather for how the hay turns out!) I have the added complication that...
  3. N

Vaccinations - long term health issue bunnies, what would you do?

I am really stressing over my bunnies vacs right now and am wondering what you guys would do. Their regular Myxi/RHD1 vaccinations are now overdue by a month (While I watched and waited for symptoms with their flare ups). They are both 6, spayed and indoor bunnies. (Cookie is in the...
  4. N

Cookie and her heart UD post 51 Vets tonight :(

Would I be able to give this from a bottle opened early October this year and kept in the kitchen (not in the fridge, not sure it is even meant to be actually)? It was Cookies for when she was breathing fast while resting and X rays showed some sort of inflammation but nothing else sinister (no...
  5. N

Can the change in weather cause anything respiratory? UD Page 2

Cookie lives in the conservatory which is usually warm. However since the weather has changed the past few days it has felt colder/almost damp in her room as I hadn't yet put her heater on full time only for 20 mins at a time to take the chill out of the air (and condensation out of the...
  6. N

I think something is wrong with Lola UD 24/3 Kidneys???

Lola is the bunny in the middle of my sig. I wrote about her in rabbit chat the other day for having a really bad moult & feeling a bit thinner and I was going to book her in for a check up just for a bit of reassurance, but now I definitely think something else is going on and she needs to be...
  7. N

Moulting already?

My super fluffy Lola bunny has just all of a sudden started a mega moult. She looks an absolute state. She has such thick winter fur and I am brushing (with my hand not a brush) loads of loose fur out at a time. Without trying to sound like a bad bunny owner she is 5 and I can't remember if this...
  8. N

Quiet bunny turning grumpy/snappy...

Sorry this will be long to give as much info as poss!!! Cookie is my 5 year old spayed girl, she is a very quiet/lazy bunny, she rests the majority of the day, usually snuggling down where she can get some heat from the heater, but is active late at night (and is hilarious to watch in the early...
  9. N

Bunny bald patches? UD Fleas???

I discovered Lola has a bald patch (about the size of a 20p) on her dewlap under her chin (she is spayed but fairly inactive so has one now) I looked it up and some possible causes are dental issues, or getting water there from drinking from a bowl. Or maybe an abcess. I haven't ever seen her...
  10. N

Cremation experience question...

I hope you don't mind me asking but how long was it before your pets have been returned to you following an individual cremation arranged via the vet practice? We live fairly rurally and about an hour away from the crematorium so I wasn't expecting it to be super quick but I am getting worried...
  11. N

Can this be anything but cancer?? UD 2/11 She's gone :'(

I am struggling so much right now, I have posted before about thinking we were about to lose little Frankie, but she seemed to respond to antibiotics and we thought all was well but I honestly think this is it this time and am heartbroken. She is 5 and unspayed as she has had a host of issues in...
  12. N

My bunnies are going crazy for these.....

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/grainless-nibble-pot.html I have bunnies with sensitive tums so they only have a small bit snapped off at a time but they are turning into monsters for them! Much in the scale as Fenugreek crunchies used to do. (I stopped giving them Fenugreek crunchies as my...
  13. N

Not drinking much....

The past couple of days Lola has barely touched her water (she has a bowl). She doesn't get many veggies as she has a very sensitive tummy (and I'm wondering if it is ceacal dysbiosis) so isn't taking any fluids on that way. (Annoyingly we are out of kale or I would give her some drenched in...
  14. N

Bunnies routine like clockwork.

Do your bunnies have a routine that works like clockwork? Mine pretty much stick to doing the same things at the same time everyday. Like in the morning I know exactly when it is ceacatroph time or when Lola starts to race around a bit before sleep time she is passing a misformed ceacal. If...
  15. N

Deflated tummy....what is it??

Two of my three bunnies get this occasionally. They always are fine in the day, but by late evening (it is always this time!) are displaying signs of pain - stomach pressing, not eating anything. But the main symptom is their abdomen feels completely empty like a deflated balloon. They let me...
  16. N

Cremation services in Oxfordshire :(

I have a horrible fear we will be losing our precious girl Frankie bun imminently, can barely see what I am typing for tears :( and want to be prepared for when it happens. I don't think my vet runs a collection service through them. I live in West Oxfordshire if anyone knows the very best place...
  17. N

What is upsetting Lola's tummy?

Apologies in advance, as this background post will be long! Lola is 4 years old and has started to have a problem with misformed ceacatrophs. She would have them in the past when she had any pet shop stick type treat, so we totally cut those out, then she would have a daily fenugreek and then...
  18. N

I think I need a bunny cam!

I have written on here before about my clever Frankie bun who builds amazing tunnels out of hay, but whenever I take a photo to show you guys it just looks like nothing but a pile of hay! She has a new trick now. I gave her a new cardboard tunnel recently, and when I went to feed them their...
  19. N

I think Frankie is building her own warren.

Frankie is my unspayed bunny (she has health issues and I just have a gut feeling not to with her) and she is also very wild like in her behaviour - absolutely no picking up, which for the most part is fine and I am happy with (she still loves being stroked on her terms) the only problem is it...
  20. N

Do your house rabbits....

....eat when you do?? At first I thought it was a coincidence, but when someone is sat at the at the dining table next to Lola's pen she goes off and starts eating from her bowl too. This is at both lunch and dinner times. Since the kids have been off school I have noticed it happening pretty...
Back