• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. susie bun

Sunshine on Bertie

Sunshine on Bertie!
  2. susie bun

Gunky poos

Bertie used to do wonderful golden boulders but no more! I thought a dental last year would sort him out but it took a long time for good hay-eating to resume. He has rediscovered hay in the last couple of weeks but his poos are not much better. Most are ok but he is prone to gunky clumps of poo...
  3. susie bun

Bertie’s moult

Poor Bertie is resembling a cross between an untidy punk and a burst couch. I have not known a heavier moult in 13 years of rabbiting.
  4. susie bun

Bertie’s Christmas

Bit late, but Merry Christmas from Bertieville!
  5. susie bun

Bertie Christmas

Bertie was introduced to the family tree last night.
  6. susie bun

Snow comes to Bertieville

It’s been a white weekend here…
  7. susie bun

Bertie - metacam affecting output?

Bertie is on metacam to manage his arthritis. The arthritis is thought to be quite mild. Not eating his caecotrophs was the trigger for his diagnosis, but although this has improved, he is prone to a splodge or two of soft poo most days. I'm wondering if the metacam could be causing this...
  8. susie bun

Mine!

9. susie bun

Bertie disapproves…

10. susie bun

Spenser Milton

My late bunny, Spenser Milton. He was a glorious rabbit with a very regal manner. He was also a biter!
  11. susie bun

Bertie nesting

He was so busy with huge mouthfuls of hay needing relocated yesterday.
  12. susie bun

Reintroducing Bertie!

My handsome boy is pleased to be reintroduced to RU.
  13. susie bun

Bertie weightloss

My sweet Bertie has lost 200grammes since his neuter August 2022. He had testicular cancer which was all removed, but the possibility of spread cannot be ruled out. He is eating well and active but does not jump on my bed any more. He may have a touch of arthritis or muscle loss due to being...
  14. susie bun

Rabbits and chickenpox

I know rabbits can get herpes from chickenpox. Does anyone have experience of this or know how likely it is to transmit?
  15. susie bun

Bertie not eating! Update - seems fine now!

He had his pellets with his usual greedy gusto but is now not eating. Not even a dandelion. I had a meeting so was late serving his greens. I'm hoping it is a temporary huff but he has been moulting very heavily for a few weeks.
  16. susie bun

Bertie out of sorts - moult related

Poor Bertie has just stopped eating. He's moulting and I noticed a poo with a tail of fur earlier today. He was still eating and pooing quite late on this evening so hopefully he wil pick up again. Unfortunately there is nothing I can really do at the moment as Bertie has firmly installed...
  17. susie bun

A visit from The Bad Bunny....

My sweet innocent Bertie has had a visit from The Bad Bunny. A hole has been dug in the carpet behind the laundry basket in his grandparents' room. RUers of old will remember my late bunny, Spenser Milton, was frequently framed by The Bad Bunny....
  18. susie bun

Vibes for Bertie - new roof today!

We are getting a new roof today and it is very noisy! Bertie lives upstairs but we are on stand by to move him if he gets too distressed. He never goes downstairs so it would be unfamiliar, but it would certainly be quieter!
  19. susie bun

Does hot weather reduce hay eating?

Bertie isn't eating as much hay as normal. He was at the vet on Monday and she is happy with him so I am wondering if the hot weather is disinclining him to the comparatively 'hard work' of hay eating.
  20. susie bun

Bertie's ear - white mark

Bertie has always had a small white mark on his ear. Today I thought it looked more pronounced, so investigated and found it to be slightly raised with what feels like a scab under the fur. His inner ears look ok, and he lets me touch his ear so I assume it is not painful. I have spent ages...
Back