• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. catxx

Pat got married, so excited

So after poor Bob had to be put to sleep, my little old lady was all alone, bored and obviously missing a furry cuddle bunny. So she's now being bonded and it's looking fabulous! They met on Saturday and seem smitten. She will be coming home with her toy boy on Friday if everything continues to...
  2. catxx

Possible Playhouse conversion idea

Spotted this on Dunelm's website, "Basil Multiplay Playhouse", footprint is roughly 8ft x 4ft so would need an additional run (maybe a Runaround) and the addition of mesh and a little trapdoor from the shed bit into the covered run. Still bigger than the average hutch. It's not the cheapest at...
  3. catxx

Bob - 2006 to 2018

Had my dear little Bob put to sleep on Tuesday. Been too emosh to post before now. He had been suffering from an inoperable soft tissue sarcoma and stopped eating over the long weekend. He was a right little fighter. Now spoiling his sister Pat, rotten. :cry:
  4. catxx

Getting more fibre into a bun with dental issues

Further to this thread, Bob has been doing some pretty manky poops lately and I suspect because he's favouring easier to eat foods than hay as he's now missing all his molars on one side of his mouth. He's also gagged a couple of times when he's been eating veg a bit larger than usual, it's so...
  5. catxx

Poor old lumpy Bob

My poor old boy. Bob is 11 years old now and in the last 2 months has had a huge lump appear on one side of his face. I had hoped this was just an abscess, but antibiotics had little effect and we held our breath and sent him in to go under GA and have it lanced yesterday. It's not an abscess...
  6. catxx

Man saves wild bunny

More of these guys please! Man saves wild bunny from LA wild fires. Twitter video: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/938649921015701504
  7. catxx

Burgess Excel Pellets Warning - they might be dog food!

Just seen posted on FB by Jo Hinde. Was in two minds whether to post here or in Diet. But please share! Some bags of rabbit pellets are actually dog food! Burgess are aware of the problem and if you find a bag like this, let Burgess know. Jo's piccies:
  8. catxx

Old bunnies

I've been going great guns with my blog, OABunnies. Hopefully up to at least daily posts now (which is somewhat depressing at the same time). Please share the posts where you can!
  9. catxx

Can rabbits eat this? Herbal horse feed

Sounds yummy (from a bunny perspective) https://thunderbrook.co.uk/shop/equine-feeds-balancers/healthy-herbal-muesli-5kg/ "Dried alpine grasses and herbage, black oil sunflower seeds, cold pressed linseed oil, toasted linseed shreds, carrot, apple, parsnip, beetroot, cornflower petals...
  10. catxx

Bunny toy making day for Rabbit Residence

Fancy a fun morning making toys for your bunny?? Check out this brilliant arty morning on Saturday July 30th from 10am until 12 noon in Royston. The clever minds behind Binky Shop will be there to offer ideas and guidance and there will be a plentiful supply of tea and cake. RSVP to...
  11. catxx

Vets for Pets Luton?

So we're trying to put an offer on a house at the moment, and literally 2 minutes walk around the corner from the house is a Vets for Pets, I was wondering if anyone knew anything of that particular branch! I will still use Nine Lives in Redbourn for complicated stuff, but this could be useful...
  12. catxx

Corsican mint - rabbit safe?

Have some Corsican Mint (Mentha requienii) in a pot. Rabbits have shown no interest. Just wondered if it was bunny safe? I know Pennyroyal mint isn't rabbit safe. Quite like this Corsican stuff as fragrant ground cover though.
  13. catxx

Reserved: Mod & Burny - stunning small pair in HERTS

One of the most stunning little pairs are Mod and Burny Whiskers. Mod is a chocolate lop girl, a real little stunner, who came to us with a group of others from a retired breeder. She's a lovely girl but has shown anxiety around hands in the past and lunged, just needs careful management and...
  14. catxx

Pat's bony bum

Pat seems to have lost some muscle on her hind end and has some sharp little hip bones. She still has a nice rounded belly and her spine doesn't feel sharp. She is 9 years old though. We had a vet trip on Tuesday and he just wanted me to monitor it for now. She's still binkying and running about...
  15. catxx

Available Rescue: David & Eta - gorgeous pair in HERTS

David and Eta are a pretty pair of polar opposites colour wise. Eta is REW, David is black, they are both Dwarf Lop crosses and are brother and sister. They were born at the rescue in 2012 and have never ever had a forever home. As a result of never having that one to one they have become...
  16. catxx

Rabbit Residence is hiring!

Rabbit Residence has a part time paid position as Animal Care Assistant available to support Eleanor, our Rescue Manager. If you know anyone who might be interested, do pass this on!
  17. catxx

Available Rescue: Browncloud & Elantha - fluffy Lionheads in HERTS

These two are gorgeous. Browncloud is a harlequin Lionhead, an extremely fluffy Lionhead, who will needs lots of grooming and occasional bum trims! Elantha is a blue Lionhead, much less fluffy. Browncloud was born at the rescue in 2013, Elantha arrived in 2015 but we think she was born in 2013...
  18. catxx

Available Rescue: Kanga & Erica - more fluffy bunnies in HERTS

Erica is a blue cashmere lop and sister to Bonkers & Jenga (see other post) born in 2012. Kanga is a older boy who found love with Erica and her sister Arianna. Sadly Arianna passed away a couple of years ago but Erica is doing great! Kanga is 7 years old, and a agouti angora cross we think...
  19. catxx

Rehomed: Bonkers & Jenga - very fluffy Lop boys HERTS

Bonkers and Jenga are brothers, they arrived at Rabbit Residence with their siblings as babies in 2012, found abandoned in a box. They were like a group of little fluffy clouds! They are cashmere lops and need someone not afraid of grooming. They are both a little skittish as they've never had a...
  20. catxx

Available Rescue: Benson & Patty - senior special needs bunbuns HERTS

Benson and Patty have both been at Rabbit Residence for some years now. They have strong characters and are not afraid to put daft humans back in their places. They do need experienced handling! Benson is the black Lionlop, he's 8 years old. Patty is the white butterfly Lop cross, she's 5 years...
Back