• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

Why is the time showing on the forum incorrect?

I've been to settings and it is set under London but when I have just posted the time was 8 and not 18. It has been wrong for a long time and I can't work out how to correct it.
  2. R

What to put in a digging box

Flopsy and Pebbles are going to be getting a preloved digging box tomorrow from an RU member who was selling it. They are outdoor bunnies so I was wondering what to put in it? I don't want them using it as a litter tray. Any ideas? They are both very excited :)
  3. R

Keeping outdoor bunnies warm

After reading about KK's bun having hypothermia I am really worried about my two. Flopsy and Pebbles live outdoors in a covered over area between my kitchen and my neighbour's kitchen (I am terraced). They have a hutch (kindly donated by Tulsi) as a base but the door is always open. In their...
  4. R

Little Bonnie has gone to the Bridge

Bonnie is the bun I took on who was being kept in a tiny hutch under the stairs in a care home. I had hoped to bond her with my trio but that didn't work out so she lived next to them with a puppy panel dividing them. I noticed that she was less enthusiastic about her food last Wednesday and...
  5. R

Zippy went to the Bridge today

My last BARC bun, Zippy, was helped to the Bridge today. He has been walking, rather than hopping, for some time and has seen a vet twice. I recently started daily Metacam but it made no difference and he needed regular bottom baths as his droppings all stuck to him. Yesterday I noticed he...
  6. R

Taking Bonnie to the vet later

Bonnie (the bun I rehomed who was living in a carehome in a tiny hutch under the stairs) doesn't seem happy. She never moved around much when she was living in the small hutch but she didn't have enough room then. I have given up with bonding her to my trio as there was too much nasty...
  7. R

Bonnie

For the past four years I have been visiting a lady in her sixties - C - who lives in a residential home. She has schizophrenia and dementia and I am paid by her family to do art/crafts with her for an hour a week. I also take her out sometimes. She loves animals so I started bringing her to...
  8. R

Bald patches

I have noticed that Zippy has patches where his fur is much thinner. It is not sore or red and there is no scab. I can't see any mites (my first thought) and both the other buns' fur is fine. Like most buns he becomes mega stressed at the vet so I have just been keeping an eye on it. I did...
  9. R

RHD 2 - How often?

I've had lots of reminders from my vet saying that Zippy's RHD 2 is due - emails and texts and something in the post. It didn't seem that long since he had it done but I know how quickly time passes as I age:( so I have him booked in for tomorrow. I have found his vaccination card and it is...
  10. R

Digging box for outside bunnies

I noticed this morning that Flopsy has dug a sizeable hole in the corner of their run - it is where my study meets my neighbour's extension and I don't want her getting under the foundations of the house so have blocked it off. I lost Halloumi when he burrowed out of his run and am determined...
  11. R

Pebbles, Flopsy and Zippy

Sadly Zippy has not bonded with Pebbles and Flopsy - he just kept fighting them. They were in a tiny pen in my bedroom that I had to divide in two when I went to work and they were becoming depressed at the lack of space - and keeping me awake overnight. I have now moved them outside and...
  12. R

Two new arrivals

Sadly I have been unable to find Halloumi, despite him being chipped. I am really sad and just hope he has a good home somewhere. Prior to him burrowing out I had already thought of rehoming two new buns as I intended to have a quad but had found nobun suitable. I went with a friend to a...
  13. R

Halloumi is missing

For the past six months my buns have been living in my neighbour's garden in a combined hutch and run joined by a Runaround Tunnel. The neighbour was having an extension built up to my boundary - which is where the bunnies usually live. There was no way they could remain there. It was all...
  14. R

Violet and Zippy seem to want to stay in their hutch

As some of you will know I had to have my gorgeous Frangipan put to sleep last week. She was part of a trio who had to be brought inside when Fran got sick. Violet and Zippy are now outside permanently in my neighbour's garden (due to them having building work done the other side of my buns'...
  15. R

Fran is going to the Bridge:(

As some of you know, Fran has EC. She was moved indoors with her two companions, on vet advice and they all had a 28 day course of Panacur. Fran was much better. She was stained underneath but kept herself clean and wasn't wet at all, she didn't move around that much but the kitchen is much...
  16. R

Adopting a bun when an existing bun has EC

For a long time I have intended to adopt a fourth bun to have a quad again but was waiting until I had cleared my huge (£2500) vet bill with Anton vets and I had drawn some of my pension so I have money put aside for emergencies, like vet bills. I can't have a credit card (poor credit rating)...
  17. R

Update on Fran

I've noticed Fran hasn't been quite 'right' recently but couldn't see anything obvious. I thought she wasn't leaving the hutch in the day - but then had to encourage her to go to bed. Yesterday when I got home from work I went to clean them out and she was in her litter tray sopping wet. When...
  18. R

Saw a wild bun run over:( *don't read if sensitive*

One of the nicest things about the call centre where I work is that there are loads of wild bunnies in the grounds. Yesterday evening I was on a course and popped out for some fresh air in a break, noticed two bunnies on the verge. A range rover drove past - both bunnies ran across the road...
  19. R

Hamster photos (pic heavy)

I look dreadful in these photos - they were taken this morning when I had just worked a night shift so had had no sleep, no make-up on and look like a Creature from the Dead:( The hamsters are cute though:) Hannah's babies in nest One of the babies [/URL] Hannah putting a baby back in the nest
  20. R

Vaccinations - first one done

I thought long and hard about posting this because of fear of the comments but decided to be brave and honest. My bunnies aren't vaccinated. They used to be - when I had 11 the vet came to me to do them all as it was easier. I worked three jobs so I could afford it but then burnt out and had...
Back