• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Gem 333

change in behaviour/biting

Yes it was hard losing Dylon, he was sooo friendly from the word go (makes me wonder what poor Tricker went through before rescue). And I gathered it was normal behaviour from the buns, but I just worry that he will hurt her, as he is bigger than her. It may be a case of neutral territory...
  2. Gem 333

change in behaviour/biting

Hello, Im looking for some advice. I have a female spayed rabbit Shakeira, and it took me 7ish months to get her bonded with Dylon, and once they were, it was just so lovely!! Unfortunately, around a month into the bonding, Dylon died (we think from some sort of liver disease). It was...
  3. Gem 333

nooooo - another dental

4. Gem 333

Are we bonded

5. Gem 333

Teeth problem

Thanks, No pain relief no - I will get onto the vet first thing tomorrow. i have fibreplex, so i will feed him that as directed too. Cant wait to have him back to his normal self, will keep you posted. Thanks for your help.
  6. Gem 333

Teeth problem

Hi, I had Dylon at the vets on Thursday as he had stopped eating his hay and Science selective pellets (very unlike him!) and his poops were squidgy. The only thing he would eat was grass trimmed from the garden, herbs etc. They took him in for dental surgery on Friday and he came round ok...
  7. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

I am thinking that myself yes! it was just when she collapsed on her side - the last thing i want is to cause harm to either of them. Thanks
  8. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Only 5 or 10 minutes....though it was longer last time as he did stop for a bit, but when she made the noise etc I took him out as was scared for her. I let him hump for a bit, (unless he does it back to front) then if she looks really stressed i take him off - and eventually away.
  9. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Hey, Yes, definately done. The rescue I got him from had to have him done due to his raaannndy spraying!! (though will get the vets to triply check tomorrow!). The problem with getting someone else to do it, is that i dont drive, and my bf is not the most patient when it comes to the buns...
  10. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

I have tried on 3 occasions now, and always get the same result, but when I tried at the weekend, and Shakeira had that reaction, it scared me, as the last thing I want is to stress her so much that she conks out. Even if he is in his cage and shakeira is out, and gets close to his cage, he...
  11. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Hi, Sky O, yes, they reside next to each other, so can see each other all of the time (has been about 2 months now). Neither of them had used the run before, so was completely neutral. They do not seem to dislike each other in any way (Dylon certainly has a soft spot for Shakeira!) but it...
  12. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Sorry to bother, We tried Shakeira and Dylon together again at the weekend and it really isnt going well. I have read a post quite similar to this one, but I will explain what happened and maybe you will be able to help. I brought in the run from the garden to use as a pen in the kitchen to...
  13. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Do you think perhaps he has been used for breeding in the past?
  14. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Well, Tried them in a smaller space - and allowed a little humping (didnt want to intervene too much). Shakeira just let him hump for a little bit, but when he kept going, and going, she started to get a bit peed off, then went for him a little. When I took him away, he was breathing really...
  15. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Thanks, Its a small double bedroom, I would say. Im scared to leave them together if Im not there incase they hurt each other. Although Shakeira is alot quicker than dylon, hes quite a bit bigger if he does get a good hold, and she can be an aggressive little so and so if she needs to be...
  16. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Hi, I wrote a little while ago about bonding Shakeira with our new neutered rescue bun, Dylon. I have put them together a couple of times, but he will not stop trying to hump her - obsessively, and she doesnt like it. She is not particularly aggressive towards him when he does it, just runs...
  17. Gem 333

VHD warning!

Oh no!! this is the first Ive heard of this. Shakeira has been done, but Dylon hasn't. Im in the Scottish Borders. Straight onto the vet tomorrow!:( Thanks everyone!x
  18. Gem 333

Shakeira has a new friend - doesnt seem to want one!!

Thanks Janice, They have both been in their cages since 12 yesterday. How long should i leave them like this to get used to each other? The problem too is, every where will smell like shakeira, how do I get rid of this smell on the carpets etc? I was going to carpet a little corner of the...
  19. Gem 333

Shakeira has a new friend - doesnt seem to want one!!

Hey, I have spoken to oh, and hes not up for a car journey down im afraid!! :( But thank you ever so much for the offer! But, I have put both buns in their own cages right next to each other in a mostly neutral space (Shakeira has been in the room a couple of times and Dylon has been in there...
  20. Gem 333

shakira had friend round

Hey, I have a Shakeira too!! (spelled differently as you can see!) We got her from a garden centre when she was 4 months old, and as soon as we got her home she started spraying everything (norty bun!!). We had to wait a couple of months to have her spayed, but it was the best thing we ever...
Back