• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Talael

Where to find a bunny

I'm looking for an English Lop to come live with us but I really have no idea where to find one. I can't travel far as I don't have a car and I live in South Dorset so quite a small area. I'm going to check shelters near here to see if I can find one there but if not where would I look for one...
  2. Talael

Going from penned to freedom!

Anyone have any other advice please?
  3. Talael

Thank u for responding 😊 Any advice on whether I should manage the change slowly or just let them run wild around the whole flat?
  4. Talael

I have two house bunnies, 1 male and 1 female, both are just over 2yrs old. They are fully bonded and are spayed/neutered. At the moment they live in a big run which is in the living room. Ideally I'd like to give them the run of the whole place. I live in a rented maisonette so they would...
  5. Talael

Rabbits and Chipmunks

My other half has decided he wants to get a couple of Chipmunks. We have two bonded buns, a male and female, who are both just over a year old. They are mini lops apparently (although from the size of them I suspect they are dwarf lops). They live in their own room in a "compound". The...
  6. Talael

What are my buns doing?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep them together for that time as I've had to work! They spent a good couple of hours together today tho. Now they're really confusing me... Cotton spends ages grooming Fidget as usual and he doesn't reciprocate. Then Cotton (f) kept mounting Fidget (m)...
  7. Talael

Help with building bunny mansion!

Finally managed to get some mesh cubes to build the bunnies their own palace. I'm completely stuck on what flooring to get though. There's a brand new carpet in their room and the house is rented so the carpet/skirting board/walls (well everything) has to be completely protected. Also (sorry...
  8. Talael

What are my buns doing?

Well I don't know what's changed but it's looking good. For the past 5 nights they've been out together in a neutral place (new house, it's all neutral). They went nose to nose at first and then just started grooming each other! They've done that everything night this week. Cotton grooms...
  9. Talael

What are my buns doing?

Do I leave them together overnight? I have to go to work so can't sleep in there with them!
  10. Talael

What are my buns doing?

Now I'm totally confused! They've been together since they were babies. We bought them from some grotty pet shop because I couldn't stand leaving them there. We got Cotton first and then a week later we got Fidget. As I didn't really know what I was doing I put them in separate cages (even...
  11. Talael

What are my buns doing?

Thank you to everyone for responding. Unfortunately we've had a set back. Last night I let them out for a run and as usual they followed each other around a little. Then Cotton (F) was putting her head under Fidget (M). He just hopped away like he usually does. Then all of a sudden Cotton...
  12. Talael

Female bun peeing all over her cage

Cotton is about 10 months old. She was spayed about 3 weeks ago. She has always been a messy bun but I was hoping that she would be much cleaner once she'd been spayed. Trouble is, she isn't! She pees and poos all over her cage all the time. She'll use her litter tray once and then she...
  13. Talael

What are my buns doing?

They come out in the same room, usually the living room which is neutral to them both. They spend about an hour together but for at least 30mins of that they are bombing around not really interested in each other but more about sniffing around everywhere. Fidget tends to follow Cotton around...
  14. Talael

What are my buns doing?

I've got two buns, Fidget (male) and Cotton (female). They are both mini lops about 10 months old. They live in a two storey cage but are separated (with the scientific method of separation being a box over the whole in the top storey lol). I got them at the same time and were told they were...
  15. Talael

Fighting?

Will they be able to bond while the girl isn't spayed or will she need doing before we can put them back together? I'm thinking that must be the reason they're not getting on all of a sudden as the only thing that's changed is Fidget being neutered. I just can't afford to have her done until...
  16. Talael

Fighting?

Thank you for your quick reply. It's just so strange as they have got into each others cages before and just laid down together. They have spent a lot of time together and never had a fight. It's quite upsetting as they've got on so well all the time we've had them and then this today. I...
  17. Talael

Fighting?

We've had Cotton (female) and Fidget (male) since they were about 8 weeks old. They've always been together until we found out Fidget was a boy about 2 months ago when we separated them. They have still lived in the same two storey indoor cage since then but with the hole that leads to the top...
  18. Talael

Baby bunny - need advice - Update please help

Bad gut - help needed - update They're both on Protexin capsules now. I've been breaking them open and sprinkling it on the food but they've both noticed and aren't too impressed by the looks of it... they've both left food in their bowls anyway. Has anyone used Protexin before? Do they know...
  19. Talael

Baby bunny - need advice - Update please help

Picking up some pro-biotic from the vet tomorrow. Took both of them today. He said the same thing all you guys have said so thank you once again for all the wonderful help advice as always :D I won't ever be going back to the same pet shop again as he said it's probably linked to having a...
Back