• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. W

Daisy, Lorenzo & Castro!

I always like looking at photos of all your animals and wanted to post some pics of mine! Daisy and Lorenzo are both rescue bunnies that I bonded last Christmas. As you can see they get on really well and Daisy loves nothing better than crashing out! Daisy and Lorenzo chilling out in the...
  2. W

Skin Problem?

Since my last post (about the bald bit on Lorenzo's back), I have been monitoring it and it seems to have grown again and there is a second bald patch now too. When I look closer at the areas, it looks like he has two 'moles' on his skin with a bit of flaky skin around it - he is a black bunny...
  3. W

Grooming Question

Hi All, I have looked at some past posts on the subject of overgooming but don't think that the circumstances are the same for my two so thought I would ask the question again! I have 2 buns (Daisy and Lorenzo, spayed and neutered) and Lorenzo often grooms Daisy - I have never seen Daisy groom...
  4. W

Excess cecotropes but really don't know why! Opinions gratefully received!

Hiya, Every now and again when I go and see my rabbits in the morning there are excess cecotropes in their hutch. I know that they are Daisy's as it happened with her before she was bonded with Lorenzo and has never happened with Lorenzo. A few weeks ago Daisy produced excess cetotropes over a...
  5. W

Preparing for Spring... (and those pesky flies that come with it!)

Hi, Does anyone/has anyone ever put mosquito netting up at their hutch doors to stop flies getting in their bun's hutch? I keep Daisy and Lorenzo's hutch really clean (I spot clean it twice a day and totally clean it out once a week) but it will be my first spring/summer with rabbits and I am...
  6. W

Currently bonding Lorenzo and Daisy

I have been putting it off for ages and have been getting more and more apprehensive about bonding Lorenzo and Daisy but have decided enough is enough and I have put them together. I thought it may be useful to give my experiences to you especially if you are thinking of bonding as it may put...
  7. W

ADVICE PLEASE! Daisy not eating after spay

Hello - I would welcome some advice or past experience from you all... Daisy was spayed yesterday, when I rang at lunch time yesterday they said it was routine and went well but that she was taking a bit longer than normal to come round (this is not uncommon for rabbits apparently). I got her...
  8. W

Worming

I have read a few posts on here about bunnies being wormed. When I took Lorenzo for his injections after adopting him I did ask about worming and the vet said that they do not normally worm rabbits. I adopted Daisy a couple of weeks ago and she is having her 2nd injection (Myxo - she has had...
  9. W

How soon after adoption to get a doe spayed?

I have posted this somewhere else but will repeat again for this question! Lorenzo was neutered on Monday (he is slowly beginning to feel not so sorry for himself!) and I am picking up a doe that I met at a local rescue centre last week on Saturday (I am going to call her Daisy!) My question...
  10. W

Meet Lorenzo!

I've just uploaded some pics I have taken of Lorenzo and wanted to post them on here! I think he is the most beautiful boy ever but then I would wouldn't I! I am going to an adoption place tomorrow to see if they have a suitable lady bunny friend for him. He is going to be neutered on Monday so...
  11. W

Picking Up Issues!

Lorenzo hates being picked up! He doesn't bite or anything but if he thinks I am going to pick him up he hides in his bedroom and wriggles and does all he can to avoid it! Trouble is that I have to somehow transport him from his night time hutch to his daytime run and hutch set-up! I have tried...
  12. W

Deaf Rabbit?

Are there any simple tests you can do to find out if a rabbit is deaf or has a hearing problem?! I call out to him when I approach his cage or run and even though I know he doesn't know his name he should hear me! If he hasn't seen me coming though he jumps a mile! He didn't even flinch at the...
  13. W

Has anyone successfully extended their hutch?

Lorenzo has a really big run with a hutch attached that I put him in during the day but at night I put him in his 'night time' hutch which is in a more sheltered location. He is my first rabbit and when I bought the hutch I thought that it was large enough for him (it is ok for the night) but...
  14. W

Cecotropes

I didn't want to hijack the other recent thread about cecotropes so though I would start my own off! I have heard all about them and know that rabbits are supposed to eat them daily - how do you tell the difference between droppings and cecotropes? Is it easy to tell? I haven't got a clue what...
  15. W

Is 2 really better than 1?

I have had Lorenzo for a couple of weeks now and he is settling in great. He loves his outdoor run (with 'penthouse' hutch!) that he frolicks around in during the day and he also has a 2-tier hutch that I put him in at night (although he doesn't have access to the run downstairs after I say...
  16. W

First Rabbit - Need Advice

Hello, Yesterday I picked up my first rabbit from an animal rescue shelter and he is settling into his new home. I have never had a rabbit before and would welcome some advice. A bit of background info about him - we don't know how old he is but the shelter said that he is about 1 year old. He...
Back