• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Daniel

Boyles pet housing.

I’m sorry about your delay, we’ve fallen behind on our orders and we are trying our best to get them made and sent out. There is just not enough time in the day, for example a kennel can take 4 days to make and some orders we have sold two for one customer. Also we lost a trained staff member...
  2. Daniel

Budget Hutch Complete

I could give you the details you are asking for but then it would become a advertising post.
  3. Daniel

Budget Hutch Complete

I apologize, that is not my intention. I have only shared this product here for feedback. I have been on this forum for years and I know I’m not that active but I don’t know as much as others about rabbits and my expertise is Joinery and I try and help people out on here when I can.
  4. Daniel

Budget Hutch Complete

Your correct about that but those playhouses are in my opinion not fit for the purpose of housing animals. They are made with weak, thin wood that is easily broken and the roof is not correctly supported. They are nailed using very thin nails or staples which does not give it a strong hold and...
  5. Daniel

Budget Hutch Complete

Not 100% sure yet, but between £160 to £180.
  6. Daniel

Budget Hutch Complete

The budget hutch I was working on which started 10 months ago is now completed. The image below shows you it. It needs felt on roof, feet, or stand and bolts adding but it’s done. Sadly in order to bring the cost down it has to be made as a fix product, if you wanted flat pack then you have to...
  7. Daniel

Wronged by "hutches r us" "top quality hutches and runs" suffolk Norfolk

Have you got your order from the seller? If you do go the small claims court, there is a chance you may not get your money back as he needs to have the money to pay you back for you to get it. Some people give us all a bad name.
  8. Daniel

Shed and Run Done with two new family members

They help keep wind and rain out at ground level, makes the panel stronger and gives the pets better protection from predictors.
  9. Daniel

The same wood we use on the products, the framing is whitewood the cladding is redwood. Both a type of pine. They love the shelf, and give us a nice welcome when we come in :)
  10. Daniel

Ha, it backs on to a unused car park, which is going to be used at some point.
  11. Daniel

Laura and Dora, but still settling in but starting to use all the space they have. Spent the morning making stuff for them and most the other afternoon fitting it so they they have a house, shelf and ramp, tunnel and shelf in the run and we bought some stuff for them too. Here shelf and...
  12. Daniel

It's 8x4ft for shed and 9x4ft for the run. And here are the bunnies, Laura and Dora, Dora is the gray one. Tomorrow i'll add a shelf and hideout house for them.
  13. Daniel

Just got back from camp nibble so will share images of the lovely pair of bunnies we’ve just adopted.. But for now here is the home that is all ready for them. I plan to add shelf and ramps, and other stuff but for now the shed and runs is ready to be used.
  14. Daniel

Adopting some rabbits but what to house them in

I'll send you a message. As i plan to create a walk in run instead of the 3ft run i may make it longer than 6ft. So it could be 9x4ft etc.
  15. Daniel

Adopting some rabbits but what to house them in

As I had to move house this was put on hold but now i am looking for some rabbits to join our family. I maybe housing them in this bespoke shed i built for a customer who for personal reasons can not take the order anymore. It's not been sold due to the high price and with the fact i am moving...
  16. Daniel

Is 19g weld mesh strong enough?

Thanks for the images, yes 19G is the standard used and the quality of the mesh come down to the manufacturer. Some are weaker and some are stronger than other manufacturers. 16G is a lot stronger as its thicker wire, he’s not chewed it, he’s pulled at it and its broken the weld on it. 19G...
  17. Daniel

Is 19g weld mesh strong enough?

Could you share a photo so that we can see what mesh it is?
  18. Daniel

Homemade Waterproof Cover?

It shouldn't be wet inside, if it is and not coming in by window part then there is a leak somewhere. If its soaking in from the roof, side or back then it means lack of ventilation so its not drying out.
  19. Daniel

Homemade Waterproof Cover?

What it’s for? Is it to block out the wind and rain getting in to the hutch from the mesh door? If so could make a Perspex shutter to cover it. If you’re looking to cover the whole of the hutch I advise against it due to lack of ventilation.
  20. Daniel

Budget Hutch - Boyle's Pet Housing

It's still the plan yes, and i've just bought another tool to hopefully produce them faster and still give a strong hold. The issue is as the wood is thinner the normal nails i use and screws crack it or miss the timber which is no good. My concern is how strong the framing is, i'm not here to...
Back