• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Loosy

Fun with a cardboard box UD: Added a video :)

I haven't posted any pics (or anything at all really!) for a while but I made a little Hobbit house for the buns the other day so I thought I'd share. :) Ruby wasn't too impressed, so she decided to beg for treats instead. Willow was a bit more curious and quickly broke the door off...
  2. Loosy

Rabbit Webinars with Molly Varga

There are a couple of free webinars with Molly Varga soon about rabbits and guinea pigs, aimed at pet owners. :) The rabbit one is on the 19th May at 8pm, and the guinea pig one is on 2nd June at 8pm. You can submit your own questions to be answered when you register. You can register here...
  3. Loosy

Easter Bunnies

These are some pics I took over the long weekend, during the brief period when the weather was quite nice! Willow Cleaning his tootsies... Before being rudely interrupted (there was a bit of a spring fever moment but I won't embarrass them!) Willow's favourite way to sleep is in bunny...
  4. Loosy

Ruby has a dental tomorrow

:( I don't usually ask but could Ruby have some vibes for tomorrow? Pipkin's last dental in August killed him so I'm scared :( She's staying at the vet's overnight with Willow because she's been off her food today (although she still managed to eat some fenugreek crunchies!).
  5. Loosy

My new boy, Willow

He arrived home about a month ago but I have been away at uni so haven't had a chance to post pictures. He has settled in very well and I think he's definitely the boss of Ruby! His name used to be Mr White but that was changed promptly to Willow, which I think suits him much better. Then...
  6. Loosy

Can I see your REWs?

I am getting a little red eyed white boy in a couple of weeks provided he can be successfully bonded with Ruby. Now everything is all sorted and it's just a waiting game I am starting to dwell on how much I miss Pipkin (he passed away last week) so I'd love to see some of your REW bunnies to...
  7. Loosy

Home check this afternoon UD: Passed :)

:shock: Things have moved very quickly. I think I have found a perfect little friend for Ruby with the RSPCA. I have a home visit later, I've never had one for a rabbit before so I feel a little nervous! I don't think there's any reason I should fail, the lady seemed to like the sound of my set...
  8. Loosy

Pipkin, my little man

Now that I'm a bit less of a wreck I think it's time to make a little tribute post for my boy. I got you in 2006, almost exactly a year after I lost my first bunny Widget I finally felt ready for another bun. We didn't get off to the best start, I didn't know enough about rabbits at the time...
  9. Loosy

Pipkin has died under anaesthetic

He went for another dental. He wasn't even showing any symptoms but the vet had checked his teeth and noticed some more spurs so I wanted to get it sorted before it caused any problems. I feel so awful, I wish I'd put it off just a bit longer because he was doing so well. I still need to pick...
  10. Loosy

I think I might have ended up with two dental bunnies :(

I think Ruby's teeth might be starting to cause her problems. When they had their jabs this year the vet noticed her incisors were slightly slanted, but as she couldn't see any spurs and it wasn't causing any problems we decided to just monitor it. That was a couple of months ago. Today I heard...
  11. Loosy

Excel Junior & Dwarf

Is the Burgess Excel Junior & Dwarf food really that different to the adult rabbit version? When I dropped Pipkin off for a dental a few days ago, when I said what food he was on the vet asked whether it was the junior and dwarf version and seemed surprised when I said no. Pipkin does struggle...
  12. Loosy

Ruby and Pipkin moved house today...

Into this: It still needs another coat of paint on the run and the doors, and I'm going to extend the run once I get back from holiday next week. First thing they did when I put them in the run was to check out the poop tray, of course. They had a little look at the ladder but they...
  13. Loosy

Sykes Happy Hutch delivery

Next pay day (Wednesday!) I aim to get started on the bun's new set up, and I think I've decided on the 6ft Happy Hutch with attached run. To anyone who has ordered a Happy Hutch recently, how long did it take for your it to arrive? I'm just trying to plan when I should order it so that delivery...
  14. Loosy

Roll of lino?

I know quite a lot of people use lino to lie hutches etc so I was wondering whether anyone knows where I can buy some on a roll rather than the tiles? I want it to line the floor of my budgie's aviary. I have tiles in there at the moment but I think the sand I use on their floor will be easier...
  15. Loosy

New arrival at work!

And it is adorable :love::love::love: I'm so in love. If you can guess the animal I'll post a picture or two ;) (I work at a zoo)
  16. Loosy

Tame muntjac deer

We have a muntjac at work who was hand-reared because his mum died when he was a baby. He's so tame and loves a fuss! At the moment he lives round the back of the cheetah enclosure but neither animal is bothered by the other. Hopefully soon he'll be allowed to roam the whole zoo. I managed to...
  17. Loosy

Pipkin is a scruffbag

He always moults quite badly. This year he has a ring going all the way round! And because I haven't posted any in a while, here are a few pictures from earlier in the year when we actually had sunshine :shock: As you can probably tell, Pipkin loves the sun but Ruby does not!
  18. Loosy

Norrington the Budgie

I don't think I have made a thread in rainbow bridge before and I hoped I wouldn't have to for a long while. I'm pretty upset having just gone out to feed my aviary to find one of my oldest budgies Norrington has died :( He has been slowing down a bit recently but he was still eating fine and...
  19. Loosy

Vintage bunny knit

I thought RUers might appreciate this because I know there are quite a few knitters on the forum! I found this free pattern the other day and thought it was super cute! A bit different to other bunny patterns around as well. It's very simple so would be fine for beginners (as long as you know...
  20. Loosy

It's Ruby for once...

Ruby isn't eating this morning :( She's usually a right piggy so I'm quite worried. There were a lot of fireworks round here last night so I think maybe she's gotten a bit stressed. I was going to bring them in tonight but I didn't expect so many fireworks the day BEFORE bonfire night. There...
Back