• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

little wild rabbit rescued from cat

Earlier on today I rescued a bun from friends cat who was carrying it by scruff of neck. I had to carry Pipkin home snuggled in my fleece. Couldn't help but name the little rabbit. Since then Pipkin has eaten some grass aswell as pooped and peed and is alert. I'm not sure what to do next. I...
  2. S

How long should i wait?

A few weeks ago one of my rabbits died.He was bonded and they had been together for at least 3 years.Lily has obviously been unhappy and lonely losing her partner.I want to get another rabbit for her but im not sure how long to wait before i seriously look for a prospective partner? Shelley
  3. S

long haired bun and piggie

Hi, I discoved and long haired rabbit and guinea pig free to good home because the guinea pig kept eating rabbits fur!! Im wondering what extra needs the rabbit will have,will it need brushed daily? what about the summer and fly strike. Then the guinea pig,i have not had on since i was a...
  4. S

Foxes

Last night for the 2nd time a fox tried to get my buns.Luckily it just tore up the cover as my hutches are secure.The thing is im moving out to the countryside soon and i am after advice on detering foxes and other wild nasties that want my buns for tea. Shelley
  5. S

rescued bun

Hi,i managed to get this bun from a breeder who said she stopped breeding! I have an appointment at vets next week for her but im hoping to get some advice about her strange behaviour when i go out to see her.Instead of running away when she is scared she puts her bum down and kind of drags her...
  6. S

Rabbit that has been used for breeding

I am getting the above mentioned bun.I have been told she has stopped breeding which is why she is needing a new home which i can give her.There is not much info on her so if anyone has any idea how old she might be or if there is anything i should do for her i would be grateful,also should i...
  7. S

buns and kittens

My son is getting a kitten soon and i wondered if anyone has any advice on getting house buns to be friends or at least not bother with a kitten. Shelley
  8. S

my new bun

Yesterday i took my bun Bigwig to Fife Rabbit Rescue to meet his prospective wife.It went well and i brought her home and everything seems good this morning. Her name was Bella but we have renamed her Nyreem. She is a gorgeous lionhead and we love her to bits already :love: Opps didnt...
  9. S

pest repellers

Hi, I have a mouse problem and the traps worked first time but not since and i know they are still about. Im tempted by the pest repeller but i dont know if its safe for buns, does anyone know if i can use them with having house buns or if they dont work at all? Shelley
  10. S

What more bad things can happen

Just 2 weeks after someone stealing our rabbit Silver we go out this morning to the buns only to find Campion dead :cry: It was only 6 weeks ago he had pneumonia but he had made a good recovery.I never thought we would loose him so soon.My daughter is really upset as Campion was her bun and last...
  11. S

Goodbye Campion

We only brought you home in june from people who had you in a small hutch for 3 years and didn't even name you.You were a happy little bun who acted like a little puppy.It was only 6 weeks ago we thought we might loose you to pneumonia but after being inside and getting your medicine and lots of...
  12. S

Stolen

Our rabbit Silver was stolen on Saturday night :cry:,i am so stressed about it especially as it looked like a second attempt was made on one of my other outdoor buns the next night.The police told me 5 other rabbits have been stolen in the area but there is not alot the can do. I keep worrying...
  13. S

easy fundraising

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this but i wondered if any rescues used www.easyfundraising.org.uk its an easy way for getting some extra money. Hope it is useful for some people i know Fife rabbit rescue are on it as i have just made them my cause to support. Shelley
  14. S

Chest infection

When we went out to see buns this morning it was obvious something was wrong with Campion.His nose was moving funny and he was breathing quite rapidly.His ears where back and he couldn't hold his head right aswell as not eating or drinking much.I managedto get him to emergancy vet and he said it...
  15. S

playing dead

Or should that be sleeping.My lovely Lily Bun keeps giving me an awful fright.sometimes when she is sleeping she is all splayed out on her back looking like she is dead! I sit and watch and its very hard to see any movement so i give her a little poke just to make sure.I know she does this and i...
  16. S

moulting and brushes

Hi, My house bun Rodger seems to have been moulting since i brought him home which was the beginning of July.Is this normal and can anyone recommend a good brush to help ? I do have a brush but it seems virtually useless on Rodger. thanks Shelley
  17. S

protecting wires

Hi,what does everyone use to protect wires from nibbling house buns?Due to the placement of sockets i always have at least 2 wires along edge of carpet that need protecting. Shelley
  18. S

Looking for food

this is a funny looking food bowl :? Nothing left in here! Finally something to eat Dont bother trying to steal my carrots! :):)
  19. S

mucky bum advice needed

my house bun rodger has dried poo stuck to his bum! my little girl got to the excell pellets and fed him more than he sould get.how do i clean him? he doesn't like being held but the poo its quite stuck on. the food is now secure and out of my little ones reach. shelley
  20. S

Spot on

does anyone use a spot on treatment or something similar for bunnies? I have found 2 at pet supermarket but hoped to hear from people who have used it.
Back