• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. vee-jay

Help naming rescue rabbit

I am needing some help naming this bunny. I am looking after him, getting all his vet work done, and then will be looking for a new home for him. He is a quiet, calm, reserved boy. I think he has been a bit tormented by kids so is unsure about head rubs but seems to be enjoying them a bit more...
  2. vee-jay

Anyone heard of this pet 'insurance' company?

Its called You Do Pet, they called me today asking to put my bunny boarding on their website, though it was a bit suspicious as they asked for my email address... which is easy to get on my website... anyone heard of it? I cant quite understand how it works https://www.youdopet.com/
  3. vee-jay

How I do rabbit bonding

I have started my new blog with a post all about how I do rabbit bonding 😊 Hope you find it useful! http://www.elmbankrabbitboarding.com/blog/how-i-do-rabbit-bonding Who Neutered At least a month, longer is better Sex Male and Female pair easier but male/male or female/female can also work...
  4. vee-jay

New aviary for the bunnies/ New run!

I have started making a new cage for my two rabbits (who are currently wreaking havoc in the spare room), thought I would post it up here as I do it- will give me more motivation to finish :lol: Started by marking out the space- 3m by 3m Then took up the grass- and some soil as well...
  5. vee-jay

Rehomed: 2 very friendly boys Edinburgh

*These guys have now been rehomed, however we have 2 more pairs still looking* Clove and Otis are looking for a new home :) They are both neutered and vaccinated. They are some of the most friendliest rabbits I have ever met, always interested in what you are doing and love to be stroked...
  6. vee-jay

Available Rescue: Jianna- smart girl bunny in Scotland

Jianna’s story Jianna is a young healthy bunny who is now spayed, vaccinated and ready to be adopted ☺ She is a very smart rabbit, who is always excited to see you. She also loves her food so we have been doing lots of clicker training which she is very good at. She also likes being stroked on...
  7. vee-jay

Rabbit boarding photos- from start to finish

Yay so its finally done :) my new enclosures are pretty much finished. It has went from this To this! So happy its done The large L pen can be split into 3 seperate enclosures, though at the moment my new foster bunny Jianna has run of the whole thing (anyone looking to adopt a very smart...
  8. vee-jay

Rabbits are the most neglected pet?

Does anyone know where the quote/ reference saying that rabbits are the most neglected pet? Thank you :)
  9. vee-jay

Rabbit Welfare Calendar Competition 2017!

Rabbits Require Rights are raising money to help fund their new sanctuary rabbits ear abscess operation "Our Rabbit Welfare Charity Photo Competition for 2017 calendar is now open! Hop over and browse through the many bonny bunnies and vote 'like' your favourite pics If you haven't already done...
  10. vee-jay

Update! Help me design my new boarding premises!

Elmbank Rabbit Boarding will be moving to new premises in Edinburgh after summer :) There will be a dedicated rabbit room for the boarders, which will be kitted out with pens. So I want to ask you, what would you like to see in a rabbit boarding facility? I have quite a few ideas myself but...
  11. vee-jay

Ratty Photoshoot

Got some pictures of the boys today... and yes I have another one! While looking for Moss I noticed him and couldnt leave him all alone. The bonding has been tricky (why I didnt want an older one!) but think they have settled now. Murphy Moss Aero the new boy
  12. vee-jay

Elmbank boarding welcomes Bun and Breagha

Im so excited my first boarders! and they are both lovely, cant wait to get to know them :)
  13. vee-jay

Poppy

A little video of Poppy my remaining rabbit. She is 9 now and has some kidney and breathing problems. However apart from a little weight loss she still doing well and is enjoying the recent nice weather. https://www.facebook.com/elmbankrabbitboarding/videos/589697211203519/ Sorry cant seem...
  14. vee-jay

Can I put grass seed down in a run

Hey :) Poppy's run is mostly grass however there are some patchy bits of soil. I was just wondering if I could put grass seed down on these patches, or would she try and eat the seeds? thank you
  15. vee-jay

Rabbit boarding central Scotland 2016!

Hey :) Havent been on the forum in a while been so busy with uni stuff! I have decided to do some rabbit boarding this easter/ summer as I miss having bunnies around and have seen lots of people needing boarding in this area. I was hoping you could check out my website and let me know what...
  16. vee-jay

Pet Rabbit Welfare petition- please sign!

From RRR 'Please sign & share our long awaited petition direct to the Scottish Parliament & show your support for improved Rabbit Welfare Legislation. http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01561 The petition is open to ANYONE from ANY part of the world to sign, so...
  17. vee-jay

New rats and need name help :)

So I got these two lovely boys yesterday! Im thinking of calling the blue one Milo but im struggling to think of a name for the grey and white one.
  18. vee-jay

Rabbit Obesity Survey

I have been asked by a vet at Glasgow vet school if I could help distribute her survey looking into rabbit obesity. If you would like fill in a questionnaire please send me an email at vivienj@btinternet.com and I can send you the survey and consent form, which once filled out can be sent to...
  19. vee-jay

RRR parliment petition

From Rabbits Require Rights An exciting day today!! Finally, after lots & lots of preparation, we have submitted our Petition direct to the Scottish Parliament calling on them to implement improved Welfare Laws for our most neglected pets, Rabbits. I hope we can as always rely on your support -...
  20. vee-jay

Buddies Bunnies in the news :)

Buddies was recently in the Daily Record :) link to the article http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/buddies-bunny-rescue-edinburghs-only-3291183
Back