• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Simon

cant kick ear infection

Pennys had an ear infection for weeks now. she has been really poorly in general but now all thats left to clear up are her ears. i've been washing them out and putting canural in them every day but it seems that there is always wax blocking the very bottom. not sure what to do now. she has to...
  2. Simon

cat flaps on hutches

i just put a couple of cat flaps on my rabbits sleep box to help insulate it. one of the rabbits worked out how to use it straight away but i'm not sure about the others. anyone used them before?
  3. Simon

incontinence

This is a follow on from a thread i started in the week about E.C. For those of you who havent read it I took Penny to the vets because she was very under weight and was dragging her left hind leg. I thought after searching the internet that it could be E.C however neither of the vets i spoke to...
  4. Simon

E.C need help

ok. i posted about this ealier in football girls post. I went out too feed my rabbits and found penny couldn't use her left hind leg. i looked it up on the net and found that it could be E.C. She has been loosing weight gradually for months and she has been inconenant for about 8 months. she has...
  5. Simon

The Big Bond starts tomorrow

I've built a new bonding area. Buttons has had the all clear from the vets. I've put it off for long enough now I have to bond a pair with an exiting 4. I'm bricking it! I've already had a had a hart stopping moment. I let Hazel and Moogle out for there afternoon run around the slabs today and...
  6. Simon

Growing dewlap?

Moogles dewlap seems to be getting bigger. there are no lumps in it but Buttons has just had an abscess removed from his and Its made me paranoid about all of my rabbits. I've been checking them all over daily. Should I be concerned? Buttons before op. Moogle now. I just like this one:)
  7. Simon

Long story, advice needed.

I have a bond to do soon. Before I do it I'd like to hear a few opinions because I want this to be the last one I do. I have 2 males and 2 females living in my enclosure. They get on great. I have a mother (moogle) and daughter (hazel) living in a temporary hutch next to it. All are neutered...
  8. Simon

Help for rescues.

Over the last month or so since I've been using this forum I've noticed how hard pushed the rescues are. I have 6 rabbits myself and they can take up a lot of time and energy to look after so I haven't a clue how they/you manage it. I can't foster or give money but this is what I can do. I can...
  9. Simon

What to do next

I got Buttons back from the vets this evening and he's fine:). They got all of the infection out, he's still groggy but he's been eating and drinking already and running about. Sorry if I've been a bit dramatic over the last few days about it but the vet telling me it's 50/50 weather he pulls...
  10. Simon

Buttons is having his op in the morning.

I have been lying down on the grass with the rabbits this afternoon, Buttons has been jumping all over me and cleaning my face. it almost felt like I was saying goodbye. I can't help fearing the worst. Keep your fingers crossed for him tomorrow please. I'd also like to pass my condolances to...
  11. Simon

My first sale.

After the bad news I've had over the weekend here's a bit of good news. My first rabbit hutch has sold. Here it is in it's new owners home and a couple of happy ocupants.:)
  12. Simon

sick bay

I've got to make a 6x6 hutch and run by the end of today. wish me luck.
  13. Simon

grass and hay

my rabbits are quite lucky as they have there own lawn so grass is there main food source. I also give them pellets and fresh hay but does young grass give the rabbits the same nutritional value as hay does?
  14. Simon

Butons has an abcsess

I was giving him some fuss this afternoon when i noticed he had some loose fur on his neck. it was just molting fur but i felt a big lump under his chin. I wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't been fussing him as it just looks like a normal rabbit double chin. I took him straight to the vet and...
  15. Simon

Hutch insulation?

I've been working on a new hutch today and I got thinking about an insulated sleep box. I think it would be a good idea for the winter but it might get too hot for them in the summer. What do you think?
  16. Simon

Meet my Rabbits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmEoSEaibj0 :)
  17. Simon

Video of Buttons on the ramp

Here's a video of my oldest rabbit (Buttons) giving the new hutch a test run:). http://s952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/sy76uk/?action=view&current=MVI_0600.flv
  18. Simon

I've built another.

This one is sold but I thought I'd put a couple of pictures up after all the attention the last one received It needs a good dusting:lol:
  19. Simon

I have an idea for fund raising but you might not like it.

I have 6 Rabbits. As I'm sure you all know they poo allot. I looked on the web to see if there manure is any good and I found out that it is very good. I reckon that if it is properly composted and packaged then a 2.5 or a 5 kilo bag might sell for about a fiver. especially if the money is going...
Back