• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. esupi

Rabbit deterrent?

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows of any way of deterring wild rabbits from a garden? I know most people on here wouldn't want to but I'm asking for a friend who has taken issue with them coming and pooing all over his lawn!
  2. esupi

Who can remember dangerous puppy pen details?

I remember a thread about it before - one of the puppy pens where a poor bunny had got itself stuck and died trying to get free. Can anyone remember who posted the thread?
  3. esupi

New shed UD - aviary added p14

Well - I say new - I've been working on it for a couple of months. Really difficult to get good pictures inside a shed! Anyway, from the outside......I cut the two end windows in myself, and also a Runaround door at the bottom for them to come in and out. That's not shown because I couldn't...
  4. esupi

Meet Lewis

Lewis has been here just over a week now. He is Truffle's new friend. I didn't know what to do with her for a while after Fudge died, as I don't really want to keep having two pairs of rabbits forever now I'm on my own so was wary of bonding her with a youngster. I tried her briefly with...
  5. esupi

Rat(s) under the decking. Danger to buns?

I've wondered about this for a few weeks as I noticed a couple of holes at the side of my decking. And today I'e seen a rat - actually pottering about my garden on and off all morning. I suspect he's living under the decking. Just wondering what the implications are for the outdoor bunnies...
  6. esupi

Fudge died today :(

This afternoon. I had to work from home this afternoon. Got home around 1 pm and she was fine. Or as fine as she ever is - she was diagnosed with kidney failure a couple of years ago now and has had some wobbles, but just lately she's been doing well - even this morning running around...
  7. esupi

Wood preserver

I have a new fence. And am shortly getting a new shed. I was planning to paint the shed just with Cuprinol, but then Tiger Sheds recommend pre-treatment with their wood preserver :http://www.tigersheds.com/product/tigercare-preserver/ And with the fence, I've got some paint, but again there's...
  8. esupi

Occasionally scanning rabbit - what's going on?

Last night, when my ex got home, Fudge was scanning/circling/off balance. She had been fine an hour and a half earlier when he went out. He whisked her to the emergency vets and she has been given antibiotics and lapizole, and a probiotic. This morning, he says she is almost back to normal -...
  9. esupi

Artistic people - help me plan my new garden! UD post 13 - some layouts.

So - all being well, I will be moving into a new house in about 6 weeks. The bunnies are coming with me, and although the house is perfectly fine, the garden needs some work. I'm not very good at figuring out how things will look nice, so thought I'd ask on here as I know some of you love this...
  10. esupi

Interesting story re territorial behaviour

Well - I think it's interesting anyway! Truffle and Fudge live in the house with us on the middle landing (3-storey house). Up until about 3 years ago, Fudge would follow us all over the house - upstairs downstairs, wherever. But then she stopped coming downstairs, and I would say for the...
  11. esupi

T&F just listened to me. WTF....

I can't believe it. Every night a bit later than this I go down to the kitchen, and bring back up the greens for Truffle and Fudge. And they get all excited about them and run all around my feet in circles. Actually they get all excited and run all around my feet in circles EVERY time I come...
  12. esupi

Tully is at the vets :( UD - looking much better :)

Had to take him in last night as he refused his greens at 10:30 AND didn't run away when we went to the hutch (he is very anti-people). I checked on him again at midnight and no change, so took him in. He had been fine at 8 pm. I hate having to see emergency vets. The vet didn't check his...
  13. esupi

Groupon deal on playhouses

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-332054-23?p=1&nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_240&a=1664&utm_source=channel_goods&utm_medium=email&sid=c2d5f2e7-8dad-44ed-b692-609db9a3f237&division=national-deal&uh=63fbb2d4-1e34-4eac-86d8-e43415491363&date=20152808&sender=rm&s=body&c=link&d=Goo...
  14. esupi

Mushrooms in the grass....

Anyone know about mushrooms? Just found these growing in my lawn - do I need to keep the buns off it?
  15. esupi

Stretch!

Tully has always done this, but Kyla has only just learned. She can only reach when he's already grabbed a branch and pulled it down a bit :love:
  16. esupi

Rabbit mug from Paperchase

OH bought me this for my birthday. Thought it might be appreciated on here...
  17. esupi

Good rabbit vet in Leeds

My vets have always been fine for routine things, and at the first sign of anything complicated referred to FHB in Harrogate, which suited me fine. Now Frances has retired, I need a better solution. Currently I'm still taking Fudge to Harrogate, just because I imagine working in the same...
  18. esupi

Obsessive licking/chewing front legs.

Fudge started this yesterday - she keeps flicking her paws, and then obsessively licking/chewing the fur at the tops of her front legs. My gut feeling is that this is dental, but I don't understand why it would manifest in this way. The reason I think this is that I've also noticed her chewing...
  19. esupi

Proof that rabbits need lots of space...

hmm. This is where Tully and Kyla frequently choose to sit. Second photo shows the space they actually have to choose from - they are squished in a 1 ft Runaround box at the far end next to the black pipe.
  20. esupi

massive aviary type run

Within the last few weeks someone has posted a link to a company making very big aviary-style runs. Can anyone remember who it was/what the link was?
Back