• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Abcess or possible tumour - UPDATE

UPDATE After 2.5 weeks of antibiotics twice a day betsy seems to have made an amazing recovery! I’ve just got back from the vets who seemed genuinely amazed she has recovered so well. No pus oozing out. Swelling has gone down and lumps have reduced. There is still a swollen lump near her bottom...
  2. B

Boarding recommendations near Nottingham

Hi everyone, Does anyone have any boarding recommendations in Nottingham? I’m looking specifically for boarders and not people that come to your house. I have a friend who can pop in and check the rabbits if needed but I’d prefer boarding. My usual boarder (she runs a cattery and takes small...
  3. B

Bunnies and magpies

We have had 2 magpies living nearby for at least a year. I think they live next door. That house is currently empty and for sale. My bunnies free range daily until night time. A few months ago I saw a magpie creep up on Bertie and peck out some of his fur. He is blind in one eye so wouldn’t...
  4. B

Things in the garden that a rabbit shouldn’t eat!

Hi! I haven’t posted on here in quite a long time. I have two bunnies, Betsy and Bertie. After living in my house for 4 years I finally, this summer, managed to remove a load of bushes and rabbit proof the garden so that rabbits now free range most days. They are also well trained and take...
  5. B

Sneezy bunny

Bertie is around 5 years old (maybe a little older, he was a rescue). He sneezes a lot. I have noticed it on and off since I have owned him but recently we moved the hutch right next to the house and I have been noticing it more. Earlier in the year I took him to the vets for his vaccinations...
  6. B

Free ranging in garden

I have never free ranged my rabbits, we didn’t have a secure garden. I moved house a year ago and my garden seems to be pretty secure, concrete gravel boards at both sides and back fence is wire. As long as I block access to behind the sheds and the back gate I think I could let my bunnies free...
  7. B

Two unneutered bonded males - query

Im bunny sitting a pair of bunnies for a friend. They are both male and unneutered. They are bonded well and do seem to get on, there is no fighting but the older one is constantly chasing and humping the little one, I feel quite sorry for the little one. Is this normal for I’m neutered rabbits...
  8. B

The hutch needs a new floor urgently! Help!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about wood and could give me some advice please. I have a 6x2 welfare hutch and the floor has rotted. The top level has a hole in it already and may be rotted through within the next week, this hot weather is just making it crumble away. The bottom is...
  9. B

Hutch and aviary

Hi everyone. I’ve moved house and now finally I am able to give my buns a hutch and aviary combo (rather than a run that pushes against the hutch and has to be moved when I go out or at night time) please can people give me ideas? I’m planning on putting the hutch next to the fence but don’t...
  10. B

Bunny aviary

I'm hopefully moving house to somewhere with a bigger garden so I may finally have the chance to make a proper bunny aviary for my buns! I have a welfare hutch 6 foot double hutch (though the rabbits seem to have some kind of phobia of the top layer, they don't go up there at all!) so I don't...
  11. B

Tooth spurs

Betsy was spayed today. Whilst under they checked her teeth and the vet nurse when I collected Betsy said there were Spurs starting. She is only 5 months old. I didn't think to ask her how to prevent them getting worse. Do I just need to feed her more hay? Her and Bertie get through a fair...
  12. B

Bertie has got to go on a diet!

I knew he was getting fat. I took Bertie to the vets for his injections and he was weighed. He weighs 2.8kilos which is apparently a lot for his breed, he is a Dutch crossed with a lop or something. He looks fat and he is quite lazy so isn't burning it off. He seems to have got fatter since Ruby...
  13. B

Outdoor bonding question

I am meant to be bonding Bertie and Betsy but I am not making much progress. I haven't been able to put them together for weeks, i have a 7 month old baby and it's much too cold to be sitting outside with her supervising a bond, and I don't have anyone who can watch her regularly enough during...
  14. B

Bertie and betsy- first date. I think it went well.

So today I decided, as I needed to clean the hutches I would let Bertie and betsy have their first date. I e had betsy since she was 8 weeks old, she is around 16 weeks now but due to a course of lapizole and one thing or another I haven't had chance to let them meet yet. It seemed to go well...
  15. B

Ec hutch cleaning

Today was day 21 of lapizole. I have been poorly with a sickness bug and unable to clean the hutch out. Is it a problem if it waits a day or two? My husband now has the same bug so he can't clean the hitches either (not that I would trust him to do a thorough job anyway) I'm going to use a...
  16. B

Lapizole and bonding question

I wasn't sure whether this should go in bonding or in health. Bertie had ec earlier in the year, it affects his eyes, he had a 28 day course of lapizole at the time. We lost Ruby in August and in October I got betsy, a baby bunny, to bond with Bertie.on the advice of my vet, both are on a 28...
  17. B

Baby rabbit special poos

Betsy is 9 weeks old. I have just changed her hay tray and it was very smelly with some soft poos in it. She is eating well and seems ok. Could it be too much veg? I have been giving her a small amount of veg daily but maybe it too much for such a young rabbit (not had a baby in a while so not...
  18. B

Housing advice, temporarily splitting a double hutch

Bertie has a 6x2 double welfare hutch. Now that he is alone he barely uses the top level. He does go up there sometimes but prefers the bottom, he doesn't have a separate bed area but there is one solid door that he has a hay box behind that he spends a lot of time sulking in and munching hay...
  19. B

I have got a new bunny!

Since losing Ruby in August, Bertie has become depressed I think. He is actually letting me pick him up without a struggle. Anyway, we decided he probably would appreciate a new friend. I probably havent done the right thing getting an 8 week old baby bunny but we knew someone who had had a...
  20. B

Bonding an ec bunny with a none ec bunny

I have asked about this before and told the risk was low but just want to bldouble check. Bertie has ec that affects his eye. He has a cateract and has had his lens rupture 3 times since January. He hasn't had a problem with lense rupture since the end of April so everything seems stable. He...
Back