• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Abcess or possible tumour - UPDATE

I was so worried she would die! She is a stubborn and tough little rabbit though and that has shown these last few weeks
  2. B

Thank you. I’ll get some of that and try it. I do have a cat. She has decided that she is now mainly an indoor cat. She is 15 and doesn’t like the cold and wet but might fancy a sunbathe in the garden on hot days. She won’t come into close contact with the rabbits as they live outdoors so it...
  3. B

Ah, I put the update at the top in the original post :) After 2.5 weeks of antibiotics twice a day betsy seems to have made an amazing recovery! I’ve just got back from the vets who seemed genuinely amazed she has recovered so well. No pus oozing out. Swelling has gone down and lumps have...
  4. B

:)
  5. B

Betsy seems to be doing well with the antibiotics. She is stubborn though and we have to tap her on the nose to make her jump so she swallows them! Still eating loads and has been hopping around in the run and in the tubes so I’m hoping this is all good signs and she doesn’t feel too bad.
  6. B

Blindness

Bertie is 10 and he is blind in one eye due to a cataract. He has had it since around a year old. He gets on fine. Makes him easier to pick up as I just come at him from his blind side. His good eye has a white mark on it and has done for a long while, vet doesn’t think his vision is the best in...
  7. B

yes the vet clipped the matted fur away on Monday but couldn’t get it all as the fur had got wet and the clippers wouldn’t go through it. She managed to get the remainder off this morning. As she is being medicated twice a day we are checking her bum now when we get her out.
  8. B

Thank you for your reply tonibun. I just feel so bad I didn’t notice it sooner :( but from the looks of it the vet said it has probably only just recently popped and started leaking pus so i wouldn’t have noticed it sooner as it’s internal. She has a check up at the vets mid January and no...
  9. B

UPDATE After 2.5 weeks of antibiotics twice a day betsy seems to have made an amazing recovery! I’ve just got back from the vets who seemed genuinely amazed she has recovered so well. No pus oozing out. Swelling has gone down and lumps have reduced. There is still a swollen lump near her bottom...
  10. B

Boarding recommendations near Nottingham

Thanks for your reply :) I’m really close to gedling but couldn’t find anywhere there. I think Stonebridge do do boarding, I had forgotten about them. The thing with Stonebridge is I think it might be a bit noisy with the visitors, I’m not sure if they have anywhere separate and quiet for the...
  11. B

Boarding recommendations near Nottingham

Hi everyone, Does anyone have any boarding recommendations in Nottingham? I’m looking specifically for boarders and not people that come to your house. I have a friend who can pop in and check the rabbits if needed but I’d prefer boarding. My usual boarder (she runs a cattery and takes small...
  12. B

Bunnies and magpies

I could try and set up deterants, that is a good idea! Foxes - we have heard them occasionally, particularly late on winter nights, but not often at all. The 2.5 meter high wire fencing at the back which has prickly bushes growing through it is a pretty good deterrent I think. The only way a...
  13. B

Bunnies and magpies

Oh no :( I thought I was doing best for them by allowing them to free range. We only bunny proofed the garden last summer so they have only just gained their freedom! I’m not going to be able to fit a big enough aviary run in the garden. Too much kids stuff in it including an enormous climbing...
  14. B

Bunnies and magpies

We have had 2 magpies living nearby for at least a year. I think they live next door. That house is currently empty and for sale. My bunnies free range daily until night time. A few months ago I saw a magpie creep up on Bertie and peck out some of his fur. He is blind in one eye so wouldn’t...
  15. B

Things in the garden that a rabbit shouldn’t eat!

Thank you for your replies. We have a lot of Ivy at the end of the garden but have that section completely blocked off as I don’t trust the bunnies to keep away from the shed. If they wedged themselves behind it we would never get them out! It’s only a tiny bit next to my back door. I have...
  16. B

Things in the garden that a rabbit shouldn’t eat!

Hi! I haven’t posted on here in quite a long time. I have two bunnies, Betsy and Bertie. After living in my house for 4 years I finally, this summer, managed to remove a load of bushes and rabbit proof the garden so that rabbits now free range most days. They are also well trained and take...
  17. B

Sneezy bunny

Thanks for the reply jane. No he isn’t a dental bunny, his teeth are fine. The vet looked in his nose and said it was inflamed. After the treatment it wasn’t inflamed but he was still sneezing. Vet didn’t suggest anything else, but I didn’t push it as I do suspect it’s some sort of allergy and...
  18. B

Sneezy bunny

Bertie is around 5 years old (maybe a little older, he was a rescue). He sneezes a lot. I have noticed it on and off since I have owned him but recently we moved the hutch right next to the house and I have been noticing it more. Earlier in the year I took him to the vets for his vaccinations...
  19. B

Is it safe to give my rabbits plastic tunnels if they eat them?

I have a bunny that has eaten rather a lot of plastic and lino flooring and is still going strong! Probably not advisable to allow them to eat it but Bertie will eat anything he can get his teeth on!
  20. B

Ideas for large rabbit run

Thanks. I have sent a message on Facebook. I’ll need something bespoke I think due to the sizing and the size of my hutch. Thank you :)
Back