• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Lynn's Bunny

Bond breaking down?

I have 2 neutered bunnies, male and female, who are 1 year old. I took my male to a rescue and he did speed dating and we found a female that he clicked with. They did the initial introductions and then I picked them up just over a week ago and brought them home. They were not living together...
  2. Lynn's Bunny

Cleaning out hutch

I am currently bonding my bunnies and it’s going well. I have a huge hutch that I wanted to put them in next spring… how the heck do I clean out my one bunnies scent who lived there by himself all summer? I have removed everything and was going to spray it with vinegar. Is that enough? Do...
  3. Lynn's Bunny

Bonded bunnies question

Cosmo my neutered 1 year old male finally found a female that likes him at a rabbit rescue. They did the initial introduction over a few days. I brought them home yesterday and have had them together in neutral territory since early this morning. They’ve been grooming each other, sharing the...
  4. Lynn's Bunny

Update - Sad :( -Forcefeeding Bunny Question

My rabbit, Henri, has a bad upper respiratory infection and is on her second round of antibiotics, different one, and she has lost quite a bit of weight. It is harder for her to eat because her nose is stuffed up quite a bit. I’ve been cleaning it with saline and encouraging her to eat with...
  5. Lynn's Bunny

Update Video! Neutered 10 month old male obsessed with other rabbit

I have divided my bunny shed in half and have my 9 year old spayed female on one side and on the other my neutered male. He is now obsessed with her and running back and forth and just stares. I’m worried. Its been an hour. How long should it take him to relax?? I’m scared he will go into...
  6. Lynn's Bunny

Greenhouse for Winter ?

I did a search on the website but couldn’t seem to find an answer… I have a greenhouse and I wondered if it would be okay to use this as a rabbit home during winter? I mainly thought it would be good to keep out the rain/winds. I realize that for spring, summer, and fall it is not a good idea...
  7. Lynn's Bunny

9 year old Spayed female - Hard to bond?

Hi, all I have a 9 year old female who lost her partner quite a few years ago now. I initially wanted to bond her with another male, but sadly she rejected 2 males and 1 female. I’m wondering if its worth the stress to try to bond her with another spayed female who is a year old? I’m scared...
  8. Lynn's Bunny

Feeling Guilty - Okay for short term?

I have 2 guinea pigs and 1 bunny left after a mink had killed my other 2 bunnies. The ones that were killed were living in a dog kennel with that chain fencing. My other pets thankfully were spared because the wire mesh on their hutches were too small for the mink to get in, although it tried...
  9. Lynn's Bunny

My bunnies were killed by a mink yesterday

I'm so upset, horrified, sad, heartbroken, shocked beyond belief that 2 of my bunnies were killed yesterday in the early morning. I feel sick by it all. I feel like I failes them. I've kept bunnies in my dogpen for 15 years with no incidents. It is raccoon proof, dog and cat proof. But I never...
  10. Lynn's Bunny

Housing Dilemma regarding Hot summers

Hi, I have 3 bunnies and 1 dislikes the other 2 so she has to be housed separately. She is almost 6 years old and previous summers she was housed in a heavy dog run with a cedar roof housing. This setup is mostly in the shade. Unfortunately I had to house the other two bunnies in it as they are...
  11. Lynn's Bunny

Bonding with a tiny 5 to 6 week old bunny

Hi everyone, Yesterday a friend of mine caught a domestic baby bunny out in her backyard. He/she was completely soaked thru, covered in leaves and not looking very well. To make a long story short I have the baby at my house and have a Vet appointment booked for Sunday. Thankfully, he is...
  12. Lynn's Bunny

Henriette has stasis

Yesterday morning I noticed my rabbit, Henriette, wasn't interested in her food which is highly unusual. She also seemed uncomfortable and was grinding her teeth. I gave her some medicam and she ate sparingly. Gave her another dose before bed. And syringed some water into her. In the morning I...
  13. Lynn's Bunny

Henriette and Mr. Timmons bonding

Just wondered about behaviours I'm currently seeing with my bunnies. Henri is 5 and lost her partner in Aug. I tried her with an older male but it didn't work out. I have adopted a younger bunny, he is about 6 months old, neutered and he is staying no matter what! He is lovely. So I have them...
  14. Lynn's Bunny

Trying to Bond Lonely female

Hi, my rabbit, Jack, passed away in August from cancer, and left his buddy, Henriette. She is only 5 years old so I got in touch with a rescue group and they brought over a single neutered male. He is about 2 years old. I introduced them in the shed as Henri hadn't been in there for 5 months and...
  15. Lynn's Bunny

Making a Decision about Jack

Jack is still plugging along. He turns 12 on Aug 24th. The tumour on his chest is enormous now and he can't sit comfortably anymore. He has to sit high up or lay down with the mass pushed to his side. He is still eating and has moments of energy but I fear I have to make a decision soon as I've...
  16. Lynn's Bunny

Update: Lump is bigger

I wanted to update you all about my rabbit, Jack's, lump. I had taken him to the vets a few weeks ago as he had a lump under his armpit. I guess it was about the size of a small plum at that point. I took him in to the vets who aspirated it and only old blood came out. He diagnoised him with a...
  17. Lynn's Bunny

Lump under armpit

Hi everyone, I really need some advice. I don't know what to do. My rabbit, Jack, is turning 12 in August and he has been slowing down this year but still does the odd binky. He is eating well and eager for treats. But yesterday I felt a large lump under his left armpit. I don't pick him up very...
  18. Lynn's Bunny

Bunny Inside?

Wow, I haven't posted in ages. I have 2 rabbits. My oldest is 11 years old and then I have a netherland dwarf who is 4 years old. Both live in an outbuilding, which they have free range in. It is approx 12 feet by 10 feet, has 2 windows and electricity to it. In the spring/summer I have an...
  19. Lynn's Bunny

My Rabbit had a BAD stasis or Heat stroke episode last night.

Jack is 9 years old and yesterday I came home from work to find him laying down and barely responsive. He was shivering and his eyes were glazed over. He had flaring nostrils and was breathing very fast. I panicked at first and thought he had a stroke. But then I decided to give him metacam and...
  20. Lynn's Bunny

Question about Post Spay - not eating

Hi, I tried doing a search but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Yesterday around noon my rabbit was spayed. She is 2 years old. She looks a lot better today but I haven't seen her eating. At the Vets they said she did eat some carrot. I've offered a wide variety of veggies but she...
Back