• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Hesperus

Grief after losing bunny - how can it be so bad?

Dear all, I'm so sorry I don't post very often any more, I just find it a bit tricky to navigate lots of typing with my disability. I lost my beloved house bunny Ludo on Monday, aged 9. He had organ failure and there was nothing that could be done. I would post in the Rainbow Bridge but I...
  2. Hesperus

Ludo's gone blind

Hi all, I've had a very sad night. Ludo went blind in one eye with a cataract about 4-5 months ago. The cataract came on in 2 days, from first appearance to full cover. The vet examined him and said it's not a normal cataract, I think he said because it was in a different place compared to the...
  3. Hesperus

Giving panacur

I've just taken Ludo to the vet for a health check up and he has a variety of problems, most of which the vet recommends leaving alone . He did however say he would really recommend a course of wormer (I assume panacur) because some of the symptoms could be neurological. Ludo is a real...
  4. Hesperus

Told off an awful child earlier at a garden centre! (rabbit related!)

I was in a garden centre earlier, investigating hamster accessories, when I saw two boys, aged about 9 (no idea why they weren't at school) being stupid around the hamsters. One boy in particular kept deliberately touching the glass although it said not to and then putting his mouth onto the...
  5. Hesperus

Ludo has relapsed U/D A miracle!

Poor thing. He was almost back to normal last night. Running around begging for food. We woke up this morning and he's sluggish and refusing to eat. He's had all the meds he needs at the vet this morning and we're syringe feeding but he's showing no signs of improvement at all. To be honest I...
  6. Hesperus

Very worried about stasis

Sorry for not posting for ages my hands are too bad to type much. I'm really worried about Ludo. He's a stasis bun but it has been controlled for years. Today though he wouldn't eat breakfast although he'd eaten through the night and pooed. Took him to the vet who was awful and wouldn't...
  7. Hesperus

For fans of floofy bunny bottoms!

Don't tell him I took this, but this is the view from my desk :lol:
  8. Hesperus

Just rang a different vet to my normal one..

I rang to ask about the vaccine... got told, 'oh yeah... we've got loads, we barely ever see rabbits'. :shock: Very confidence inspiring! And this is the group that cover the emergency vet service! Think I'll be avoiding if at all possible...
  9. Hesperus

I'm starting to think he may be spoilt...

That's just the toys in one corner or his room. :roll::oops:
  10. Hesperus

Apple, willow etc sticks

Are rabbits meant to eat the whole stick, or just the bark on the outside? Ludo will only eat fresh sticks, and he'll only eat the bark. Just wondering if he's fussy or normal! :lol:
  11. Hesperus

Hay in eye... not sure what to do as aftercare

This morning I noticed Ludo had a sore eye and on closer inspection he'd got a bit of hay sticking out of the corner. We cleaned around the eye and tried to remove the hay but couldn't. As I started to Google the vet number, Ludo scratched his eye and a long bit of gunky hay came out! He's now...
  12. Hesperus

How often do you hoover? (Indoor bunny question!)

I've started hoovering Ludo's bedroom every day. Since we redecorated its much easier to get Henry in and around. I was wondering how often other people hoover their bunny rooms? ETA: By bunny room I mean the room with their hay box and litter tray!
  13. Hesperus

Ludo's redecorated room! (Pic heavy)

We've finally finished decorating Ludo's room. In total he now has about 92 sq ft of space he can be safely left completely unsupervised in, and he can freerange in other rooms too when I open the door. The only thing left to do is to cover the hutch legs with drainpipes to prevent him gnawing...
  14. Hesperus

Ludo's room is getting decorated!

I've bought carpet tiles (but ones with virtually no pile) to replace the carpet as it's getting a bit tired in places and Ludo does rip it up. He's fine with carpet tiles though as he can't get a grip on them. I'm also replacing the 'bunny barrier' (i.e. the hardboard wall) with a proper fence...
  15. Hesperus

Best website to buy dried herbs and dried forage

Which website does everyone use? I just bought some dried plantain in bags from petsupermarket, quite honestly just to make up the postage amount, but Ludo practically took my hand off for it. Which websites do people use for similar dried herbs/forage? I'm interested in the more unusual...
  16. Hesperus

New ball please Mummy

This is what Ludo does when I go out for dinner....
  17. Hesperus

How long does unopened Readigrass keep in storage?

I see it's much cheaper to buy 4 1kg bags than 1. How long does it keep? I could put it in the cupboard under the stairs (with Harry Potter:lol:) to keep it cool and dry. Thanks! :wave:
  18. Hesperus

Ludo is in stasis again

Same old story- no signs of anything wrong then suddenly he's in stasis. He was fine in the early hours but when we woke up he was ill, in pain and refusing all food. Went to the emergency clinic straight away (thank goodness our vet is open Sunday!), he's had the usual painkillers and drugs...
  19. Hesperus

A thought... not meant to be provocative but maybe it is....

I've just been reading a different rabbit thread on a different website, someone said if you saw two rabbits grooming you'd never keep a single rabbit. (Not the topic this thread is about though pleae- there have been plenty of those). That got me thinking about my own position on rabbit...
  20. Hesperus

Why is Ludo sitting like this?!

Why on earth when he has a big comfy room has he decided to sit with his nose against the drawer handle!??
Back