• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. DemiS

Ways to keep hay low to the ground without being peed on?

Looking for some ideas! I am trying to find a way to keep my rabbits hay low to/on the ground without it getting peed on. My two rabbits currently have a very large mesh hay rack hung above their litter tray so lots of bits of hay stick out and they have to reach up a little to get it but one...
  2. DemiS

Weepy Eye - What do savvy vets typically do?

:wave: My old boy Elmo came back from boarding with a bad eye. Every day there's a bit of white discharge in the corner and the fur around it doesn't appear wet but it does become a bit crusty and matted despite me trying to clean and brush it. Luckily the skin isn't sore yet. So far he's had...
  3. DemiS

Long term boarding in the North/Midlands

Hello, I am planning on going travelling for a year (about a year and a half from now, summer 2023) and I want to start looking into options for my rabbits. They're a trio, currently outdoors but have been house rabbits in the past. Does anyone know of any boarders or pet sitters that would be...
  4. DemiS

Strange posture/movement

In June I noticed Cookie was sitting very strangely and moving around in a slow, awkward way. This lasted for a few days then he went back to normal. Then a few days ago it started up again, I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures how strangely he is arching his back. He will not hop...
  5. DemiS

Nearly took Cookie to the OOH vets then this popped out! U/D he's done it again

I went out to the rabbits this morning and noticed Cookie's eye was a bit gunky and half shut. I rinsed it with lots of sterile eye wash, gave him some banana, he took one bite then left the rest so my first thought was uh oh, this sounds like a dental related problem! Anyway I rang the...
  6. DemiS

Mould - Bunny safe ways to clean and prevent it in the shed?

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas! :D The bunnies have been in their shed now since early November and already there's some small spots of mould on the shed walls, it's not coming from the floor luckily though! I've also noticed the kitchen roll I keep in there always feels a little damp. I...
  7. DemiS

Trying to sell hutch but urine scale putting people off - how to clean it?

Hello! I'm trying to sell my rabbits old hutch but when I bought it I had the smart idea of painting all the floors white, which now means that the urine scale that's built up over the last couple of years stands out loads and looks horrendous. It's a shame because apart from the stains the...
  8. DemiS

Demi's Shed Progress UD:They love sticking their heads out of the bubble window!

I thought I would make a thread sharing my ideas and purchases so far for my new shed/run set up, and then I can update you as it all comes together (hopefully getting some paving slabs laid next week and the shed is being delivered at the end of this month). This is the shed I have gone for, a...
  9. DemiS

What's your rabbit's favourite herb?

I'm wanting to try grow some herbs for the bunnies but I'm not sure which to pick! Which ones do your bunnies seem to like best?
  10. DemiS

What do people have on the roof of their runs?

I'm having a shed/run combo made and I can't decide how I want the run roof! Where it's situated doesnt get any sun until the afternoon so I'm worried about the run being quite dark and not really feeling natural like they're outside if I put a proper felt roof on it. Generally my rabbits dont...
  11. DemiS

Silver

Silver my gerbil had a mass that had been getting bigger and bigger for the past few months. It hadn't been affecting his behaviour or appetite at all until about an hour ago when i noticed he didn't look well at all. I gave him some metacam but I think the stress of me doing that tipped him...
  12. DemiS

Filavac Recall

If your rabbits have had a filavac vaccine please check your vaccination record and look at the batch/expiry date on the sticker. If your rabbit was vaccinated with a batch from the recall then you might want to get in touch with the vet for advice...
  13. DemiS

Princess doesn't appreciate an empty hay rack

If I put hay in their litter tray, they pee all over it and it goes to waste. If I use the racks that came with the cage, a lot of the hay ends up all over the living room and the rabbits get frustrated trying to pull it through the bars. Over Easter I asked my dad if he could make a hay rack...
  14. DemiS

Advice please (started bonding a trio, no affection at all)

Situation: Currently in the midst of bonding two already-bonded brothers with a single female. They're been together for 24 hours. A fair bit of referred aggression between the brothers, and quite a bit of chasing and fur pulling between the three. The boys and single girl are mainly ignoring...
  15. DemiS

2 bonded males - want to add single female but one of the boys wants her to himself

So current situation - Two brothers who live together, apart from one bad fight the day before they were neutered they've been pretty stable. We also have a single female who will very soon be spayed and we're hoping to bond the three. Now I didn't plan on them meeting pre-spay, but the female...
  16. DemiS

My Snuggle Buddy

A little update on Princess. She's turned in to such a snuggly little lap bunny :love: She will run to me/my partner, stick her head out and demand cuddles, as soon as you start petting her she lays down and makes herself comfortable. If my hand gets tired and I stop petting her, she runs to my...
  17. DemiS

Gerbils + Set-up

I got these gerbils before my current rabbits so I don't think I've ever shared photo's of them on here! They're pretty terrible at making their own tunnels so we make them for them. It starts off like this And this is how it looks whilst it's all done! Gerbils need a deep area to dig in so...
  18. DemiS

When the headrub is so good you can't control your legs

She came to me for a headrub, and as soon as i started she slid her legs in to this odd position and stayed like that until i stopped petting her :lol: She absolutely LOVES a good headrub and always lays down as if to say 'yep one second human I'm just getting comfortable so you can pet me all day'
  19. DemiS

Do females get less stinky after spaying?

I remember when my boys were young their pee was really strong smelling but that stopped after neutering, does anyone know if it's the same with females? Princess might be a cute little thing but for a 11 week old dwarf bunny she smells more than my two adult boys combined :lol:
  20. DemiS

Help which vaccine first?

So Princess (new baby bunny, bought from P@H by students who were then told they weren't allowed her so she's with us now) hasn't had any of her vaccinations yet. The people who bought her gave us a vaccination voucher that came with her for the combi myxo/rhd vaccine but it can only be used at...
Back