• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. cakey face

wasp nest in hutch and bunny has given birth !

Hi im very worried...my foster bun gave birth overnight and shes covered them nicely with her fur. However ive gone out there this evening to discover the start of a wasps nest right above the nest on the roof of the hutch. Not sure what to do. Can the babies and bunny get stung? I cant call the...
  2. cakey face

Thoughts about fostering buns and piggies

Ive been thinking of doing this for some time now. Either for the RSPCA or a local rescue. Im a bit of a softee though so perhaps i may be too emotional when the buns get rehomed however ive always wanted to do it as im sure it would be very rewarding. How do others find it? And how would i go...
  3. cakey face

Bonding and biting

Hi havent posted for a while :wave: I have bonded rabbits in the past with no probs but my big bunny is a whole different story. Peter Rabbit is a FLemish so he is huge. He has been neutred yet is very terrotorial. My only other rabbit i can bond him with is a mini lop. So the size is causing an...
  4. cakey face

bonding giants with mini's ?

Do apologise if this sounds like a stupid question but ive heard conflicting advice. Is it safe to bond a giant rabbit with a mini lop? I have a mini lop pure breed so typically small and a flemish Giant but he hasnt reached full size yet. I have bonded rabbits in the past so I would know if...
  5. cakey face

runaround for Giants

Hi there I really like the look of the run around system. Has anyone used these with larger rabbits. My rabbit Peter is a flemish giant but hes not actually that big. I dont think hes reached full size yet. Just thinking if hed get his bum and ears stuck in the tube!! Thanks Emma
  6. cakey face

Meg finds her man!.....pics

After turning down 2 candidates for her husbun post. Meg has settled with Doodle. How could she resist him ? .After a very speedy bonding session she loves him and he loves her... :love::love: HOORAY ! I love a happy ending ! :lol: Although she does get humped when i am dishing out the grub :roll:
  7. cakey face

Can anyone recommend a suitable hutch

Hi, im looking to buy a suitable hutch for my two buns. Obviously it would have to be a 6ft with attatched run. Ive looked on happy hutch etc. Cant afford ryedale at the moment:( Also no room for shed or playhouse as weve got one already but the kids are still using it :( Anyone seen anything...
  8. cakey face

Hutches im considering..

These are the hutches im cosidering for my 2 bonded buns. I like both. Not sure which one to get. Obviously i will be getting either one in 6ft. I like the one with run attatched at front, nightmare to clean but its 2ft high. The sykes hutch is nice but Meg has a big bum :lol: and shes not very...
  9. cakey face

Bonding advice Please

Its all been going very well with Meg And Doodles bonding. They have been licking and snuggling etc:love: Unfortunately the bonding area isnt really practical anymore so i took them out and put them into Doodles hutch. I did this as i thought it would be better than putting them into her hutch...
  10. cakey face

Sorry, another bonding question !

It seems to be going quite well AT THE MOMENT ! :DWhen can i take them out of the temp bonding area and into their new hutch. Do i need to wait until they are snuggling up and still not running from eachother. They are quite happy at the moment, sharing food etc and grooming eachother for short...
  11. cakey face

Calling all bonding experts !

I am trying to bond Meg for the 3rd time after other attempts with different buns. However today she has been in the neutral area with Doodle my new neutred male for 3 hours. Anyway in the past ive always had to stop as she gets so frightened she wont move or eat. Today is different they are...
  12. cakey face

Change in Behaviour ?

:wave:Hi , this is a first thread for me even though ive been here for nearly a year.....Bit shy :oops: Anyway i am really puzzled and a bit upset about my rabbit Megs change in behaviour. She is 2 years old approx , shes was spayed about 7 months ago and since she had this operation her...
Back