• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. biscandmatt1

Been asked if I want any baby rabbits!

My brother texted me earlier on to say one of his friends rabbits has had babies. She thought she had two females but obviously not! Asked if I want one, or know anyone who does. As tempting as it is to say yes, I've had to say no for us, but did say I'd ask on here. Will probably get more...
  2. biscandmatt1

Wanted: Guinea pig, middle aged/older *sorted*

We're looking for a friend for Mollie our older sow. She's 6yrs 3months old now, spayed, and has been the submissive pig in her previous pairings. We're looking for; Neutered boar, possibly a sow. Middle aged to older, ideal would be 4-5yrs (this would mean we could insure) May consider...
  3. biscandmatt1

FAO Mighty Max

Just tried to send you a pm but you're inbox is full :wave:
  4. biscandmatt1

deeply sad with grief

since the shock and denial of losing bisc has worn off, i am left with the deepest sadness i have ever felt. i don't know what to do. people say it takes time to heal but i know this never will. i have flashes of intense anger amongst the sadness. i can't believe how wrong i got things at the...
  5. biscandmatt1

meadow hay recommendations

can anyone recommend a good quality meadow hay that comes in fairly large amounts, and that comes very well packaged? not hay for pets at the moment as we've just had our third attempt at getting a bag here undamaged and not wet. i don't like the soft dust free hay and they don't package...
  6. biscandmatt1

hay question

if hay feels a bit greasy and has a smell like cheap pet shop hay... is that hay that is off? or just poor quality? i've been getting one bag of regular size dean's farm meadow hay from the hayexperts last few orders and it's been really lovely - dry, soft, very fine hay with a nice smell. so...
  7. biscandmatt1

ella's kitchen baby food

i want to get a couple of these to keep in should bisc need them. i know people have used the fruit flavours before but it says they contain a dash of lemon juice. is this ok? :? the other i've seen is carrot flavour. has anyone used that one and is it ok? which have your buns liked best? :wave:
  8. biscandmatt1

'once opened consume within 24hrs'

have a feeling i've asked this before but does anyone pay attention to this? we get the piggies a mixed lettuce leaf salad bag from tesco which says this. but if it's still ok longer than this then is it safe to use? :wave:
  9. biscandmatt1

matt (31.08.2013)

remembering our special boy matt today. three years since he passed. he still leaves a huge hole in our lives; we miss him so much. lots of love and nose rubs always sweetheart; mummy, daddy and bisc xxx
  10. biscandmatt1

vets best small animal waterless bath

has anyone used this, and would you recommend it for cleaning mucky bunny bums? :wave: i noticed it on the hayexperts recently https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/waterless-small-animal-bath-1034.html
  11. biscandmatt1

maisie guinea pig (07.08.2014)

two years have gone by so fast. love and miss you always maisie x xxx
  12. biscandmatt1

'the pet hut' rabbit insurance

has anyone heard of this before? it's a discount pet store but also offers insurance. and it says you can take out insurance for rabbits upto their 7th birthday :wave: http://www.thepet-hut.co.uk/insurance
  13. biscandmatt1

hayexperts points

those of you who use the hayexperts - are your points working at the moment? there is usually a slider when you checkout so you can choose points to use, but mine isn't there, and hasn't been for a while :shock: i did contact them but they didn't know why :?
  14. biscandmatt1

has anyone bonded two older males?

and if so, how was it compared to bonding a male and female? thanks :wave:
  15. biscandmatt1

moving house.. advice regarding bisc

we might have the opportunity to move house but we have a few concerns with bisc. - the house is basically a mirror image of our house now, but with a little conservatory. so a little more room but would the fact everything is the opposite way be confusing and unsettling for bisc? i know it...
  16. biscandmatt1

soil or compost for growing plantain?

probably a daft question but which is best for growing plantain in pots, soil or compost? or does it not matter? :wave:
  17. biscandmatt1

happy birthday bisc *pics added*

it's bisc's birthday today :D:D:D so happy 10th birthday to a very very special bun, who we love more than anything in the world :love::love::love: (will try and add a pic later)
  18. biscandmatt1

what plant/weed is this?

can anyone identify this for me please and advise whether it's rabbit and/or guinea pig safe :wave:
  19. biscandmatt1

quick question, advice please (plastering)

later on, a plasterer will be coming to cut out a section of our bedroom ceiling (cutting some board or something) and a new board put in and plastered. it will take about an hour and a half. we will be asking him to keep the bedroom door closed as much as possible and will have the windows...
  20. biscandmatt1

hay for pets ings hay essential oil smell

has anyone had ings that had that type of smell to it? can't think how else to describe it.. maybe tea tree, eucalyptus, that kind of thing? o/h rang hay for pets but she didn't know what it could be. i didn't smell it until further down the bag when i'd already given some to the piggies, and...
Back