• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. clarebear

Ptyalism

Hello, I just wondered if anyone knew, or had any experience of Ptyalism (excessive drooling) in bunnies? Bungee has a very wet chin and some of her fur has come out :cry: She is also still experiencing very sticky eyes. We've had a eyes flushed twice, but it hasn't seem to help. I took her...
  2. clarebear

Can bunnies have blackberry leaves?

Just wondered if bunnies can eat blackberry leaves, as we have some in our garden. Thought it would be something a bit different for Bungee.
  3. clarebear

Uneaten Caecotrophs

Hello, Sorry not been on here in a long time, life has kind of got in the way lately! So, Bungee our house bunny is now 10 years old. Really good for her age, but just recently she has either over produced caecals or is just not eating them, and then she get them stuck on her feet or bum...
  4. clarebear

Dandruff

Hello, Just noticed while I was grooming Bungee yesterday, that she has some white flakes on her ears, almost like dandruff. Have looked it up and it sounds like something called walking dandruff..is this mites? Should she see the vets or is it something I can treat at home? Many thanks. x
  5. clarebear

Fast Breathing

Hello, Today I took Bungee to the vets for her VHD2 vaccine. I was a bit worried about her, as she hadn't eaten her breakfast pellets, but thought maybe she had just sensed the vet trip. I explained that she hadn't eaten since about 7.15am and he listened to her tummy, said there was definitely...
  6. clarebear

Scab

Hello, Bungee has had a scan on her back for just over a month. We've been to the vets twice during this time for other things, but both vets have looked at the scab and although puzzled by it, didn't seemly overly concerned. I'm just wondering what it is and if we should ho back to the vets...
  7. clarebear

Rabbit Boarding Businesses

Hello. I was wondering if anyone on here ran their own Bunny Boarding? It's an idea I have been thinking about for a while and would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you. Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
  8. clarebear

Blocked tear ducts and sore skin

Bungee has blocked rear ducts. I've spoken to the vet on a few occasions about this. They don't seem overly worried, as it doesn't seem to bother her. I dry her fur out most evenings, but have noticed over the last week that her skin is looking very sore. Is there anything I can put on this or...
  9. clarebear

Big sticky poops

Hello, I am just after a bit of advice please. Our house bunny Bungee is 7 years old and over the last 7ish months she has started to produce rather large, sticky, stinky poops. She is still producing normal pellet like poos too, although these don't seem to be as big and golden lately. I...
  10. clarebear

Missfloppyears

Hello, Does anyone know if Chrissy still uses the forum please? Thanks x
  11. clarebear

Can you be registered with more than one vet?

So, I'm pretty fed up with my current vets over the whole VHD2 vaccine. They didn't get it last year and it seems, so far, that they have no plans to get it for this year! Lasy year I decided to take Bungee to another vets (about half an hour from home) where she had her VHD2 jab and an amazing...
  12. clarebear

House bunnies at night

How do you keep your housebuns warm at night, once the heating has gone off? We give Bungee a heat pad, but I don't think she uses it and I'm worried she's cold.
  13. clarebear

New vaccination for VHD 2

Has anyone had their bunnies vaccinated yet with the new one? Our vets don't have it yet. Is that unusual?
  14. clarebear

Phantom Pregnancy

We are looking after our neighbour's bunnies this week, Billy & Dolly. Dolly is nesting. I believe she has done this before. Should we remove the nest or leave it?
  15. clarebear

Single bunnies

We lost Bungee' s partner Bo last month :( Currently she is still indoors with us, as we brought them both in when Bo was poorly. Now I don't know whether to put her back outside in her hutch and run or keep her indoors. We are not sure about getting another bunny at the moment. Would she be...
  16. clarebear

To worm or not to worm?

Bungee has just been for her Booster this morning, and we had a chat with the vet about worming. All our vets seem to have different opinions on it! After losing Bo last month to E.C. I am thinking about starting to worm Bungee. Any thoughts?
  17. clarebear

Small poos

I'm a little concerned about the size of Bungee' s poops. Over the last few days some of them seem to be very small and dark. She normally does enormous golden poops. She is moulting at the moment and I was wondering if this could be the cause? We lost her partner Bo a month ago. Could she have...
  18. clarebear

Bo

Our beautiful Bo left for Rainbow Bridge on 9/4/15 Binky Free with Bramble little man We will miss and love you forever xxx [
  19. clarebear

Rescues in Somerset?

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew of any Rabbit Rescues in Somerset? My neighbour came round yesterday and her Cousin is looking to rehome their two bunnies, as they are going to live in America.
  20. clarebear

Poorly Bo

Just waiting for blood test results, but we think Bo has E.Cuniculi :( I came home last Tuesday and his eyes were flickering and his head was going back and forth. Whizzed him to the vets and he is now on Panacur, Metacam, Emiprid and Antibiotic injections. I am syringe feeding him Excel...
Back