• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Dustyrabbit

Ear mite treatment

Just wanting some info please. If your rabbit had dry ears, no sign of mites, (inner ears pink, fresh and clean - hair plucks reveal no mites under scope) but not improving would you treat for mites in case? Is it Ivermectin which is safe for rabbits? Any side effects? How is it administered...
  2. Dustyrabbit

Abdominal Abscess - comments pls

Cross posted as couldn't find Health before! Hi, not posted for some time but wonder if anyone can comment please - Buster, ex stray Dutch bunny who has been with us almost 12 months was not eating yesterday and ended up at vets - they felt a swelling in his abdomen, close to bladder (thought...
  3. Dustyrabbit

Abdominal Abscess - experiences please

Hi, not posted for some time but wonder if anyone can comment please - Buster, ex stray Dutch bunny who has been with us almost 12 months was not eating yesterday and ended up at vets - they felt a swelling in his abdomen, close to bladder (thought it was full bladder initially - same thing in...
  4. Dustyrabbit

Rabbit feed and GM

Have you ever concidered if the pellets/museli you feed your rabbit is GM free? I read over the weekend about GM crops, food and its safety for the human gut and got to thinking about the pellets I feed. In tests GM foods produced lots of problems, one being gut inflammation, this is also...
  5. Dustyrabbit

Dutch or Dutch Cross?

If a rabbit has the typical Dutch bunny markings is he Dutch or could he be a Dutch Cross?
  6. Dustyrabbit

Ebay dog kennel West Sussex

This looks like a bargain for someone nearby http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/forsham-cottage-dog-kennell-and-run-/170994817941?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item27d015db95
  7. Dustyrabbit

Just collected a stray rabbit - update and advice sought 24/2/13

Got a call from a friend this morning to say her neighbour had a stray rabbit in their garden. We went along and with the help of the neighbours son in law got him in our carrier. He's a little Dutch, haven't had a good look over him yet but he was eating and very spritely! Got him quarentined...
  8. Dustyrabbit

Bargain 6ft hutches Watford

Stumbled across 2 hutches on ebay being sold by NAWT watford anyone interested? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321055318080?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 Here's the second one for ease...
  9. Dustyrabbit

Radio 4 funny bunny story

10. Dustyrabbit

Molly Guinea Pig

Molly went to the bridge this morning, aged 7 years, a good age for a piggie I think. We adopted Molly and her sister Jade, who left for the bridge last year, from the National Animal Welfare Trust 6 years and one month ago. Their previous family had lost interest in them. I think they found...
  11. Dustyrabbit

Maisy is poorly.

My Maisy is suffering with her tummy today. Didn't want breakfast but was still perky and active. Went to vets for exam, pain relief, metaclop and Zantac, she's in the kitchen with a hottie but is not rallying yet. Not interested in any snacks. I have prepared the recovery food, guess...
  12. Dustyrabbit

Mites - injection or 'spot on' treatment?

Don't want to bore you all with a possible mite infection saga but would like to ask if it is best to use the back of the neck topical application of mite treatment or is injection better? I tried to research via search facility but can't get threads to open for some reason. Also, I gather...
  13. Dustyrabbit

Who's got a fluffy bunny?

Naked Bodycare, who are animal friendly/cruelty free, have a fluffy bunny competition on Face Book - a chance for us to highlight the Make Mine Chocolate Campaign as well as RU and rescue bunnies me thinks.........
  14. Dustyrabbit

Can I use Almond oil on rabbits dry skin?

As the title, is it safe to use a little almond oil to moisturise dry skin on a rabbits ears? Aloe Vera gel has been used to soothe, nothing seen under microscope at the vets, suggested some oil to moisturise before launching in to any other treatment.
  15. Dustyrabbit

An idea for free veg for rescues etc

Has anyone thought to ask their local hotel to save veg waste for them, outer leaves of cauliflower, cabbage etc it only goes in the bin otherwise?
  16. Dustyrabbit

Homemade Hutch Covers

Has anyone made their own hutch cover? I am thinking of giving it a go (there have been complaints that the garden looks like "Paddy's yard" over the winter with sheets of plastic, picnic mats and blankets weighed down with bricks!) so a tidier option is in order. I'm thinking of using a good...
  17. Dustyrabbit

Wheat Grass Seeds

Thinking about getting some Wheat Grass Seeds to sow for the Guinea Pigs. Has anyone bought seeds by the kilo rather than the small prepared trays before? I have found some on ebay but something makes me wary of buying seeds this way :lol: Don't want a drugs raid on my hands! Interestingly I...
  18. Dustyrabbit

Free Apple Twigs/Branches in Watford

Hi everyone, not sure where to put this exactly. We had an apple tree pruned to within an inch of its life on Friday so now I have a mountain of twigs and small branches on my lawn! I have promised a few bags full to local rescues but if anyone is near me in Abbots Langley nr Watford and...
  19. Dustyrabbit

Advice - Anything to add? Teeth & Hay eating

A friend asked me last night how to make her daughters rabbit eat hay. She is a 5 year old doe who didn't have any issues until last year when it was found she had spurs and an ulcerated tongue :cry: she had a dental then and was swithched to pellets and hay encouraged, she needed a further...
  20. Dustyrabbit

Will eating straw cause any problems?

As hay is so much more expensive this year I am thinking about using straw as bedding for the buns in their bedrooms (should they ever bother to go in there!). I haven't used it for a long time and just wonder - should they eat it, would it cause any problems? Of course they have hay always...
Back