• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. giantbunnymummy

Reintroducing bonded bunnies after separation - really need advice please

I'm having a bit of a nightmare. One of my two bunnies, Jester, has just spent six nights at the vets in stasis, but after a dental and lots of round the clock care I'm happy to say he's home and eating well again. The problem however is that although they are used to being apart for up to three...
  2. giantbunnymummy

Daisy Sunshine - megacolon problems, not doing well U/D home :)

I know i've not been around much but thought I would post today to ask for some vibes for my baby. Daisy stopped eating on Wednesday and went off to the vets for the usual meds - metaclop, metacam, vetergesic. She also had subcut fluids. I syringe fed her on Wednesday evening and got her to eat...
  3. giantbunnymummy

Gambit

Gambit 1995-2010 He went to the bridge yesterday morning after a long battle with arthritis and old age-related problems. This is my last photo of him taken yesterday morning when we tried to take him for one last walk, but his old legs couldn't manage to go very far and we had to carry him...
  4. giantbunnymummy

Metacam ok if having GA in morning?

Jester needs a dental and is going in tomorrow morning. I knew he wasn't right this morning as he wouldn't have his grass, and had a wet patch on his chin. He's been nibbling hay and pellets today, but only a little and his poo output is minimal. No vets available to see him but luckily managed...
  5. giantbunnymummy

Daisy and Jester are with FHB U/D coming home today

Daisy has had ongoing gut problems this year. It all started in January with uneaten caecotrophs and oddly shaped poos, which continued on and off until April, including one episode of stasis requiring a trip to the emergency vet and admission over night for syringe feeds and meds. She had quite...
  6. giantbunnymummy

Jester and his tunnel

I've not put any photos up for a while and as I have some super-cute pics of Jester from last week I thought I would share them with you :) I claim this tunnel as mine, all mine I'm not scared of anything ... as long as I've got my tunnel
  7. giantbunnymummy

Vibes for Daisy Sunshine please U/D much better

Daisy has just gone off to the emergency vet with the o/h. She's been absolutely fine all day but at about 10pm she didn't seem enthusiastic about her pellets, although I left her eating so she must have at least had some of them. Went back 15 mins ago to find her crouched under the bed, she...
  8. giantbunnymummy

Vibes for Daisy Sunshine please U/D Home and back to normal

Daisy has just gone off to the emergency vets with the o/h :( She seemed fine at 5pm, but when I went upstairs at 7.30pm I found her lying underneath my bed (she ALWAYS runs over to see me when i go upstairs), and she looked uncomfortable - she was lying in a weird position with her bum sticking...
  9. giantbunnymummy

Can't wait til the bunnies can go out to play :)

Bring on the warmer weather! Jester :love: has been binkying like mad this morning. He's been so cute dashing over to me for noserubs and strokes and then racing round the room at top speed and leaping into the air. Daisy retreated into her tunnel for safety :lol: I'm so looking forward to...
  10. giantbunnymummy

Ayone live in a area with midges and keep outdoor bunnies?

Where I live it's damp and home to lots of flying, bitey insect beasties and I wonder whether I'd ever be able to have outdoor bunnies here :? The worst times are just after the hay in the fields behind the house is cut - millions of the bitey :censored:'s descend and I have to hide indoors...
  11. giantbunnymummy

Jester and Daisy

Jester enjoying his Rainbow Rabbits Valentines bunny biscuit :D I wasn't quick enough to get one of Daisy - she scoffed her half in about 2 seconds flat :shock: They both say thanks Liz for baking such gorgeous bunny biscuits :wave: A few more from this morning - I love these pics...
  12. giantbunnymummy

Burn's Green Oat Hay - why's it look so different?

Just got a delivery of this from Hay Experts and it doesn't look anything like it used to :? Anyone else got some recently? Is yours big blades of grass rather than oaty bits too? This looks like orchard grass or something. Hmmmmmmmm - bunnies will be disappointed I think as they love the oat...
  13. giantbunnymummy

Spring Fever Jester!

My little man has been feeling a tad fruity recently! Think the caption for this on is 'just hold still Daisy, won't take a minute' :oops: but she was having none of it :lol: He somehow managed to leap onto the windowsill the other day while dashing about the bedroom like a crazy bun :shock...
  14. giantbunnymummy

My morning (Daisy) sunshine

See what I did there? :lol: This is what usually wakes me up in the mornings - a big Daisy Sunshine sat on my pillow and grooming my bedclothes to pieces :love: There's nothing like 5.5kg of bunny landing on your head to get you up in the morning! Picture quality is a bit rubbish as...
  15. giantbunnymummy

Help - Jester and Daisy fighting again. What should I do?

Jester has been trying to hump Daisy a lot this morning, but things seemed to have quietened down. I just went back upstairs to see Daisy pinning him down and humping him - and a big chunk of his fur has been pulled out :cry: I've shut Jester in the bedroom and Daisy on the landing. What should...
  16. giantbunnymummy

Jester and Daisy have had a fight U/D Spring fever?

I can't believe it, they're always so loved up :cry: I heard them dashing about upstairs (which they often do, binkying about together) and went up to see them to find Jester chasing Daisy and attacking her! She ran over to me and leaned into me while mouth breathing / panting :( We had a...
  17. giantbunnymummy

Jester and Daisy

A few pics of my bunny monsters from this evening :) Has that camera gone yet? I'm gutted this one is blurry - would've been fab. Note to self - stop using 1mb camera phone :roll: :lol:
  18. giantbunnymummy

Any spare vibes / UD doing fine, coming home soon

Jester is having a dental today to level his teeth - they have 'ledges'. He's having xrays to check there are no hidden teeth problems and also to check all is ok with his tummy (following on from his recent anorexia episodes). I hate sending them off for GAs and waiting for news. So any spare...
  19. giantbunnymummy

Happy first gotcha day Daisy Sunshine *pic heavy*

Daisy came to live with me a year ago today. She was such a sweet little well-behaved girl when she arrived ... not sure what happened :lol: My gorgeous Daisy when she first arrived: A selection of Daisy :love: pics:
  20. giantbunnymummy

Uneaten caecotrophs - any advice? UD - still no better

Bit worried about Daisy. She's had a few uneaten caecotrophs over the last few days (taken me until today to figure out which bunny it was, but definitely Daisy) although she is passing loads of normal poos too. She's eating fine and seems perfectly happy and behaving normally. I haven't made...
Back