• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. happypreso

Do you let your bunnies free range in the rain?

i do, they have the choice of what to do, either sit in the dry shed or sit out in the rain. it depends on what mood they are in as to what they do...
  2. happypreso

How well do boy rabbits get on together?

I have a group of 4 rabbits - two males, two females. It is a mum & dad and their children .... they generally get on okay, I have to say if any of them are going to have a scrap, it is the two females rather than the males.
  3. happypreso

From roaming rabbits to being in a hutch??

Hi, I have four bunnies that all live together in a shed and then have free run of the garden from around 6/7am until approx 10pm at night. We went on holiday in May and my MIL looked after then and she didn't want to let them have free run, so we added a couple of runs to the shed for that...
  4. happypreso

do you worm your rabbit?

The vet told me to only do it for 9 days? all 4 rabbits for 9 days (all at the same time). am I wasting my time with this then? I have the stuff but haven't started anything yet.
  5. happypreso

soo how many buns?

I have 4, had 11 at one point but now sticking with my lovely four x
  6. happypreso

do you worm your rabbit?

thanks everyone. Really not sure what to do, dont want to get into 'overdosing' them on things that might not be necessary however I will do what I can to protect them! Oh the decisions .. do you think it is because one bun had a very slight weight lost? he said it was nothing to worry about...
  7. happypreso

do you worm your rabbit?

I went to the vet today with 2 out of 4 rabbits for their VHD injection. Both rabbits are well and healthy (as are my other two as they were checked over 2 wks ago whilst having their mixi jab). Anyway, it was a different vet today, and he said that it is an idea to worm all 4 rabbits. Is...
  8. happypreso

A friend for a blind bunny

HI, I have four rabbits living together - two of these are blind in one eye - but they are fine with the other rabbits and an 'outsider' wouldn't really be able to tell the difference x
  9. happypreso

Is £150 too much for a spay?

I paid over £100 each for my two females to be spayed. The vet was quite good but they charged me extra for some follow up meds, can't remember all the details as it was a while ago now but it was around the £100 pound mark for each of my two female rabbit (and I paid £50 each for my two male...
  10. happypreso

What would you do? group of 2, 3 or 4

I have a group of 4 that all live in a shed at the bottom of the garden! They are mum & dad and thier son & daughter. The mum & dad have generally always been together (she has had 2 littlers so they were seperate during this time and then again during thier ops. They have always been able to...
  11. happypreso

would you say/do anything?

Thanks everyone, I think I might be brave and knock on the door, offer some help (ie patching up holes) and see how things go from there. One of my rabbits has escaped before, so I know it can happen! Bugs dug a hole under the fence and was enjoying the grass of next doors garden. He wasn't...
  12. happypreso

would you say/do anything?

Last summertime my neighbour found a rabbit wandering around outside our house. She managed to catch it and asked me to look after it, as she knew I had rabbits. I did have a spare run and gave the rabbit some food & water, the rabbit seemed fine in itself, wasn't skinny and looked healthy...
  13. happypreso

What's your bunny's name?

Bugs & Star were kind of called that when we bought them (it was scar and pudsey but my son misheard the lady so them become known as star & Bugsy (Bugs for short) Holly & Angel are our 'babies' and were born on Xmas Day - my son named them. not much imagination here either :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. happypreso

Is bonding ever going to work?

Not sure of your history but my mum (star) turned on her babies (angel & holly). I seperated the babies (about 6wks at the time) and they were living in seperate hutch/runs for 6 months or so but could all see/smell/hear each other and then I bonded them and now all 4 (2 male, 2 female) live...
  15. happypreso

Calling all Secret Santas! post 100 help needed!

just seen this, can I join in please? what do I have to do? Thanks x
  16. happypreso

How many bunnies do you have?

I have a group of 4, that all live in a shed together and have the free run of the garden. It is lovely seeing them together and acting as rabbits should (ie grooming, chasing, relaxing with each other etc).
  17. happypreso

Pet carriers - help needed please

Def ask on freecycle as I got one from there (and was offered more at the time). When I asked I explained why as well and even got some offers of carriers on loan ... worth a shot.
  18. happypreso

How can you make bunny pairs closer?

I have a group of 4 rabbits and mine are like that at feeding time as well. The 'boss' (Bugsy) is the one that grunts and chases the others away but they do settle once the food is there. They do groom each other but when free range are generally apart .... but they do snuggle sometimes as...
  19. happypreso

Free Range Buns

a good thread this and one that not everyone is going to agree on! Just to add though that if a fox can get rabbits through a locked hutch then surely rabbits that are enclosed are just as much at risk as those rabbits that are free range?
  20. happypreso

Free Range Buns

My rabbits (all 4) have access to the garden during the day and I can't be there 100% of the time. I do worry yes however I would rather let them have free time than being couped up. When I was younger too, we let a couple of our bunnies free range and our garden wasn't bunny proof! We had...
Back