• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Abscesses in rabbits - info on causes?

Has anyone got any links to technical info about what causes them, how / why they spread, etc? Not looking for the treatment side of it - got that covered for now. I only seem to get really odd cases... Jane?? Any help appreciated. Just want to learn a bit more.
  2. S

How do you tell the age of an adult rabbit?

I've just picked up an adult rabbit. She was found in a field a year ago and was fully grown then. No microchip, so no clues there. She's obviously an adult, probably at least 2 years old, but not an OAP. I would like to narrow it down a bit. Are there any indicators for ageing a rabbit? I...
  3. S

Alternative Easter bunnies

If you want something a bit different for the home or garden (and feeling flush).. https://www.amara.com/search?q=qeeboo+rabbit
  4. S

Anaesthetic risk in rabbits - genetic links?

Does anyone know if there are any genetic links to unexpected anaesthetic deaths in rabbits? Are siblings at increased risk, or the same as the general rabbit population? I lost a young, healthy rabbit during a routine castration this week. Op went OK, he just didn't recover from the...
  5. S

Anyone built or dismantled a P@H Bluebell Hutch XL 6'?

As per the title - looking for advice on how it's built so I can dismantle one to transport it, and then obviously rebuild it. I've not seen it yet and need to go prepared. Can't find anything online for the 6' one, only the 5' version. It looks like 2x 3' hutches screwed together, rather than...
  6. S

Jack's Jane - everything OK????

Anyone heard from Jack's-Jane? No posts in 2 days, not receiving PMs. I'm getting concerned....
  7. S

2 Rabbits stolen 3.10.09 - Bradford 12. ** THEY ARE BACK ** see last post

We were devastated to return home yesterday afternoon to find 2 of our 3 runs had been broken into. One rabbit was found loose in the garden. 2 others are missing. The front gate was left open but the garden is otherwise rabbit proof with a solid 6' fence round most of it, 4' by the gates. Due...
Back