• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. William

My Ben

My 10 year old bunny Ben died last week, I'm devastated :cry: I knew this was likely to be his last year but I still didn't expect it to be so soon. I don't really know what happened. He was still so vibrant, no known health problems (he last had a tummy problem last year in March), loving his...
  2. William

Can rabbits eat Pusley?

I've got what I think is Florida Pusley and I was wondering if it is if rabbits can eat it? I know it's human edible.
  3. William

Meet Yoshitoki :)

I'm already in love with this little guy! :love:
  4. William

Pics of my last baby lizard of 2016

My last egg has hatched and there won't be anymore anole lizard eggs until at least March so I'm saying goodbye to my last little guy who just hatched. I must've hatched out 2 dozen or more lizards in the last few months so it's going to be weird not doing the daily check of my incubating eggs...
  5. William

How long would you wait? (pesticides)

Hurricane Matthew made the mosquitoes breed a lot so they've been doing aerial spraying everywhere :( I think they're really concerned about zika - the mosquitoes weren't even that bad. How long do you think you should wait to forage? And I guess any forage should be washed really well, even...
  6. William

How common are age related cataracts?

And are they more common in certain breeds? Just trying to learn more about cataracts and their causes.
  7. William

Found a snake egg

My dad found a snake egg while digging up an area of the backyard so I'm incubating it now :D It's weird, that area of the yard is where snakes like to lay their eggs apparently because me and my brother found about a dozen snake eggs in that area once when we were doing an easter egg hunt...
  8. William

Feeding a variety of grasses

I usually see people say that whatever grass that's growing in your garden is safe to feed to your bunnies. I have a several different types of grasses in my yard and I'm not sure what kinds they all are so I've been feeding them a lot of bahia grass (basically as much as they'll eat) as I know...
  9. William

These are blackberries, aren't they?

I mean I can't think what else they could be but I thought I'd better check first! I'm used to dewberries which these look exactly like. Well the berries anyway, the foliage is different. I'm thinking they might be sand blackberries but I'm not sure. 20160618_112111 by dylanduck14, on Flickr...
  10. William

How much of mulberry?

I bought a mulberry tree a few weeks ago as one of my mom's mother's day presents (she ate lots of mulberries as a kid so has really wanted mulberry trees) and I was wondering how much/how frequently it'd be safe to give my buns the leaves/twigs? Like when the tree needs pruning. From a brief...
  11. William

Are sunflower seeds with shells on okay?

I think I've heard that the shells on black oil sunflower seeds are fine, good fiber etc but I wanted to make sure before I bought 40 lbs worth of them! :lol: Been meaning to buy them for ages as my buns love them as a treat so when we go to Tractor Supply in a few days I thought I'd pick up a...
  12. William

Portable bird of prey protection? Bird netting?

Bird netting is the only thing I can think of that would work as bird of prey protection but I wonder how easy it'd be to remove and put back up everyday? I was thinking of just stringing some netting to some trees so that it'd cover a large area, sitting out there with my buns while they have...
  13. William

Dewberry leaves?

Dewberries are closely related to blackberries so at a guess I would think they'd be ok and would have the same benefits as blackberry leaves? Does anyone know for sure? I have southern dewberry vines all over my yard and admittedly my rabbits have eaten some (not loads but the odd leaf)...
  14. William

This is Lemon Balm, isn't it?

Tons of this stuff has always grown wild in my yard and I'm pretty sure it's lemon balm but I've always been worried about feeding it to my bunnies just in case I"m wrong. I'm sure I'm being paranoid lol. Can anyone confirm? IMG_1541 by dylanduck14, on Flickr IMG_1539 by dylanduck14, on Flickr...
  15. William

Inka duck 1st gotcha day!

Some of you might remember Inka as the duckling that had a 'popped out' eyeball due to a drake attacking her. Now she's a whole year old (actually her gotcha day was on the 13th but I was only just able to get the pics off my cam!) and has grown into a very confident, feisty girl that doesn't...
  16. William

I've got baby lizards :)

We've got probably thousands of brown and green anoles in our yard, they're literally everywhere, you can't walk without dozens leaping out of your path. So every spring/summer there's babies galore and I find lots of eggs when I'm weeding, gardening etc. So a little bit back I was moving a...
  17. William

How much Birch is too much?

My bunnies have taken a liking to fresh river birch twigs, I don't give them loads but for the past few days they've been eating a bit of birch everyday and I wanted to make sure that's ok? I read that it's good for chewing, pain relief and anti-inflammatory and I found this "Birch tree...
  18. William

For those that have 2+ pairs/groups of indoor bunnies

Do you have any problems with referred aggression? Are you able to free range one pair of bunnies in, for example, the living room, and then put them in another room and allow another pair to free range in the living room? I'm wondering because I have 3 single neutered boys and I want to get a...
  19. William

Apprehension with rescue rabbits?

Is anyone else kinda irrationally afraid of health problems in rescue rabbits? I see so much unhealthy rabbits on RU, before joining here I never knew rabbits were quite so unhealthy despite having rabbits since I was about 2. I wonder if it really has anything to do with their previous owners...
  20. William

Soldering copper tubing - fumes?

My dad is installing a new AC unit on the weekend and that requires soldering copper tubing in the house. I'm wondering how long the rabbits will have to go outside? I don't know how sensitive rabbits are to fumes? I don't want to take any chances and bring them in too soon (I won't be able to...
Back