• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Daisyd

Neutering a bonded bun

Hi, I've got a pair of bonded bunnies Cassini (spayed girl) and Hubble (entire boy). I got HUbble from a rescue at 10 weeks old and when he was 3 months took him to the vet for vacs and to see about neutering. He was really tiny and the vet said it would be at least 2-3 months before he would...
  2. Daisyd

Playing with bonded buns

Hi, I've had rabbits for about 5 years but until now never a bonded pair. I got a new boy bunny (Hubble) from a rescue about 6 weeks ago to pair with my girl (Cassini). I bonded them at home and they have been together for about 2 weeks now. They are very loved up and go everywhere together...
  3. Daisyd

Wish me luck

I got a gorgeous new little bun yesterday from a rescue to pair with my spayed girl Cassini. The rescue was full with no room for any bonding so I was allowed to take him home to bond. I have kept rabbits for quite a few years but never had 2 together so am new to bunny interactions and body...
  4. Daisyd

Rabbit Insurance

Do you have rabbit insurance, and if so how much do you pay? I have it for my bunny, but was just reading an article on rabbit rehome and am wondering if I am being ripped off. I pay £13.50 a month to Pet Plan and have had my bunny insured since she was 8 weeks old, so no bad medical history...
  5. Daisyd

To spay, or not to spay…?

I know normally it’s definitely best to spay, but my Bunny Cassini is 5 months old and has had a few health problems. She had a minor reaction to her Myxi jab, a major reaction to her VHD jab, and recently came down with syphilis. She was treated with Baytril and Loxicom (syphilis wasn’t...
  6. Daisyd

Bio-Lapis

Hi, My bun is on Baytril and I have been given some Bio-Lapis probiotic as she was not eating alot (still taking hay and some fave veg). I was told to put the powder in her drinking water - but she doesn't like the taste of it (she hates apples and it is kind of appley flavoured). I have given...
  7. Daisyd

Sore vulva and weight loss *graphic pics*

My bunny Cassini recently had a reaction to the Cylap vaccine http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230600 She has been healing well but went off her pellets and hasn't eaten any in about 3 weeks. I wasn't too worried as she still has a good appetite for hay and greens and has been...
  8. Daisyd

Help - bad VHD jab reaction

I got home from work today and found a large raw bald patch on my bunny Cassini. She had her VHD jab on wednesday, but I can't remember which one she was given (cylap/lapinject). I took her straight to the vets and the vet said she'd never seen a reaction like it and has given me some steroid...
  9. Daisyd

Myxi jab side effects?

Hey, My bunny Cassini, 3 months old, had her myxi jab last week. Last night I felt a lump under her skin. I'm not 100% sure but I think it may be where the injection was given. It is a little smaller than a smartie and pink to look at, but doesn't seem to bother her. Its quite hard and doesn't...
  10. Daisyd

Just had spay - not eating

My bunny was spayed yesterday at lunch time. She was still groggy and hadn't eaten anything when I picked her up from the vets at 6:30. She seemed in alot of pain last night tensing up and shivering, but is a little brighter this morning. My main worry is she hasn't touched her food and has only...
  11. Daisyd

Booked spay op

Hi, I've booked my bunny in for her spay op. Its not till January, but I'm wondering is there anything I should know/do beforehand to make it all go a smoothly as possible? Also are there specific do's/dont's I should quiz the vet about regarding type or suture etc.. I know there's quite a...
  12. Daisyd

How can I tame her?

I got a girl bun, Lunar, from P@H adoption section about 2 months ago. I'm wondering how best I can build a bond with her? She is about 1 year old and definately knows what she likes. When I first got her I spent alot of time with my hand in the hutch talking to her and then she would come...
  13. Daisyd

Adopted bun

Hi, I adopted a bunny from the pets at home rescue section yesterday. The notes on her history were a bit sketchy. They couldn't tell me if she had been vaccinated, wormed or her age. She is a very friendly and forward bunny tho so I think she has been well cared for and handled quite a bit...
  14. Daisyd

Which VHD Jab?

My bunny Kelu is going for his VHD jab this afternoon (he had myxi 2 weeks ago). I remember reading on here about one VHD injection a while ago that was causing lots of skin reactions, and one that was good. Does anyone know which was the good one, just so I'm prepaired?? Thanks, Daisy
  15. Daisyd

E.Cuniculi

Hi, My bun contracted E.coniculi this time last year - he was very very poorly but pulled through with lots of tlc and handfeeding and keeping him from spinning over too much... although he lost all his toenails :( I am wondering if Panacuur can be used as a preventative treatment, and also...
  16. Daisyd

Neuter/Bonding - Does Age Matter?

Hi, I have an 18 month old Neatherland Dwarf Bunny. I got him about a year ago when he was 5 months old. He was originally living as a companion to my Male Guinea Pig, but at around 10 months of age his hormones kicked in and they had to be separated as he was making life unbearable for the...
Back