• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Bunny Buddy

For anyone who uses VetUK own brand rabbit pellets - they have been discontinued...

Shimmer recommended them during the first lockdown when we were all having trouble getting food due to stockpiling (the rest of the world was gathering loo roll, RUers collecting bunny food!) I have been using them since and at £9.99 per 10kg a very welcome find. However, I thought I would...
  2. Bunny Buddy

Candle Ceremony 2022

Just taking a moment to remember our special friends that we have lost during 2022. For my own little family, I remember: Olly, who left me totally unexpectedly back in March. I found him collapsed, having suffered a heart attack. I had no idea he was anything other than a robust 7-year-old...
  3. Bunny Buddy

Arthur, problems urinating

I took my poor baby to the vets today as he was all wet underneath and looked very sore /swollen around his genital area. The vet couldn't get his penis to pop out :cry: It looked so sore down there. He is being sedated and Ruth will be trying to find his manhood during her lunch break. If she...
  4. Bunny Buddy

Nobivac Myxo-RHD PLUS

Have everyone's bunnies gone over onto this now? Did you do it willingly or have any reservations? I had a batch of bunnies done with it earlier this week - they were all due the myxomatosis/RHD1 jab, they are a few months off being 'due' for Filovac. I now have 12 bunnies due RHD2...
  5. Bunny Buddy

New family member...

So following on from helpful discussion about whether or not lockdown and collecting pets was compatible... I found a bunny locally who was "free to good home".. or just any home in fact... So I went to get her this morning. She is from Laneshawe Bridge, where I used to get my hay so no...
  6. Bunny Buddy

.. stress, stress, stress

7. Bunny Buddy

I would welcome inspiration on mending my aviary roof ....

I built the aviary (very crude structure) about 15 years ago, my DIY skills have improved massively in that time. When I put the plastic sheets on the roof I had to join them (one metre wide), I did this by having a strip of wood underneath and a strip of wood on top and putting screws through...
  8. Bunny Buddy

Baffled by behaviour/change in appetite

Not really sure how to describe it expect "behaviour change" ...*alarm bells* I have noticed in the last few evenings that Arthur has been laid in 'loaf' position with his head facing the leg of a metal table. He had loads of space so there's no need for him to have his nose pressed against...
  9. Bunny Buddy

https://www.fromthewildwoods.com/s/shop

I just wanted to share the above link with yous all. There's a foraging page on Facebook and an incredibly knowledgeable member has set up her shop selling forage, natural treats, bits and bobs. It deserves to be a massive success and I thought folks here would be interested in a browse and...
  10. Bunny Buddy

Rabbit insurance: Who are you with... Fantastic update!! - post 18

I've just had a huge shock with Gilbert's renewal - Helpucover... Year 1 - £94 year 2 -£138 (he had had surgery for a blockage so I claimed £1,200) year 3 - £208 :shock::shock::shock: (no claims in previous year) Gulp. I have 6 policies with Helpucover, all of which I have made claims on so...
  11. Bunny Buddy

Bunnies with the first pickings of the Purple Tree Collard...

Elias: Arthur: Gilbert: (Gilbert's is sliced as he has no incisors) Not the best photos but a landmark moment that I am very proud to share. :love: It was five minutes from being picked to being fed and the bunnies absolutely loved it. It felt so much better than taking mediocre...
  12. Bunny Buddy

RHDV2 Research Paper (Part 1) Frances Harcourt-Brown et al - now published

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jsap.13141?fbclid=IwAR2Tq5Hned_77e_zXUChvr8nMJcWFdfmCiUkgyBLCPQoIv6a7gzQ9kJ5WsY Copied from Frances Harcourt-Brown BVSc FRCVS's page on Facebook: "The first part of our paper about the RHD epidemic in the UK is now available online. It has...
  13. Bunny Buddy

... Just taking a poorly Barnaby to the vets.

It's the first food refusal episode of lockdown but it had to happen. I have been observing him for just over an hour and he has gone for quiet to flopping and shaking. Setting off now.
  14. Bunny Buddy

Free Webinar tonight: Infectious Diseases of Rabbits

https://www.thewebinarvet.com/pages/infectious-diseases-rabbits/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=burgess%20october&fbclid=IwAR3tiuRSFhi1YDxMI5zmHjpvrUiWCJT0L4ChTL9mVG0ugzdJw7uoA4Zu2HE INFECTIOUS DISEASES OF RABBITS Infectious Diseases of Rabbits Tuesday 29th October 2019...
  15. Bunny Buddy

Fate seems to be conspiring again... she's gone

So, first day in my new job. Trying so hard not to be paranoid about leaving the rabbits as I haven't needed to for four years. Train travel - only 2nd time in 20 years, went to a location I'm not familiar with for training. I don't 'get out much' so I found it very stressful. I got home...
  16. Bunny Buddy

Does anyone have rabbits insured with Agria? Experiences, please

Hi All I'm on the look out for reliable insurance again. I just wondered if anyone can share their experience of claiming with Agria or what the year-on-year premium increases are like? In the distant past Agria quotes always seemed to be higher than others so never ventured there but...
  17. Bunny Buddy

Bishopton Vets, Ripon, Rabbit talk "Hot Topics in Rabbit Care" Tuesday 25th June

Bishopton Vets, Ripon, Rabbit talk "Hot Topics in Rabbit Care" Tuesday 25th June Copied from Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BishoptonVeterinaryGroup/ Calling all rabbit owners! We are holding a FREE rabbit talk - 'Hot Topics in Rabbit Care' on Tuesday 25th June at 7pm at our Ripon branch at...
  18. Bunny Buddy

Incisor removal, regrowing peg teeth

So, Gilbert my gorgeous Thrianta boy had his incisors removed on 15 November. I've recently become aware of his peg teeth having grown back. He seems to be eating fine, he eats huge gobfuls of hay! He does have a bit of bother picking up small food like pellets and greens but I guess not...
  19. Bunny Buddy

Sad first anniversary: My beautiful Alma is very, very unwell. RIP sweetheart

I've not talked about her on here at all but I have talked about her to close friends. I only got her August, she was just short of a year old. I found two Thriantas listed on free ads, brother and sister, living separately as they hadn't been neutered, she had had an accidental pregnancy...
Back